Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:52 pm

...how do I get rid of them???

Sorry I'm sure this has been posted before but I can't find anything :oops:

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Re: Back Fat & Bingo Wings...

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Diet and exercise will get rid of fat all over. To specifically tone those areas you need to do exercises such as lat, pull-downs, bent over rows etc (back) and tricep dips, skull crushers, tricep pull-downs (not sure of the exaxt name for them). Can you have a couple of sessions with a trainer who can write you a program and show you how to do the exercises properly? If you don't want to go to one all the time a lot of them will just see you every 6-8 weeks to write you a new program.

beejay
Mrs Beejay
Mrs Beejay
Topic Author

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks for that. I live in a pretty small town so not much chance of finding a personal trainer here... But will look into those kinds of exercises :D
My main problem is that I saw pics of me in my dress, and the corset bodice pulls me in at the waist quite a bit, but then it kinda looks like my back/arms/shoulders are too wide for my body IYKWIM? I just look really top heavy from the back :oops:

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:33 pm

I know what you mean. I have been doing serious gym work for a year and a half and my arms still look like big dough sausages :( I'm just starting to notice little hints of definition around my deltoids now. Oh that reminds me, often exercises that work the deltoids are called "shoulder" exercises so have a look at them as well. If you put any of those body parts + exercises into Google you should find descriptions and pictures of how to do them. Some even have videos. The other thing is, they will all say to aim for about 12-15 reps and this is true but, what they don't tell you is you should be using enough weight to fail at 12-15 reps. This means you cannot do another rep without a rest (usually 60 secs is enough). It is also ok to get fewer reps each set (assuming you're doing 3 sets) as long as you go to failure each time. Sorry if you already know all that, I had no idea until I started with this trainer.

MissAlia
A Slice of Heaven
A Slice of Heaven

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Ohh Beejay,
I can't help you.
Cause i have got them and they are genetic in my family. Even my mum when she was sz 10 and 175cm tall still didn't have tonned arms.
There is no hope for me. And whats worse is that my wasit is alot smaller than the rest of me. I'm lucky that i'm having straps that pull in back fat and the rolly arm pit bits everyone gets. But i still have tuck shop lady arms. But tuff times.
I look after 23 aussie blokes at work and they have told me...if a lady has a smile on her face and a wedding dress on no one is going to be looking at their bingo wings.
Just remember in photos never have your arms flat against your body!

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm there too baby. Not with the backfat but with the bingo wings. And yup I think it's genetic too! I'm right in the middle of my healthy weight range and I just can't get rid of the suckers.

To minimise them for photos, I just don't lift my arms up!

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 am

^^ You can minimise them with exercise. I have always been in the healthy weight range for my height and I have noticed a big difference in the tightness of my triceps since doing regular weights (even though, overall, my arms still look doughy).

beejay
Mrs Beejay
Mrs Beejay
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:53 am

Kwitty wrote:
To minimise them for photos, I just don't lift my arms up!

Hmmm yeah I get what you mean, but have a look at this, I don't even have my arms up :(

So I guess it's not exactly bingo wings, but see what I mean about how massive my back looks? I may be thinking of the other things, what do they call them on Kath & Kim? Fadoobada's? :lol:
I love that the dress makes my waist look so teeny tiny hehe but it almost looks like it's pushing everything up and overflowing at my back lol
And it doesn't help that when I've lost weight lately I seem to have lost half of my a** & hips too, so I look all top heavy :(

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:04 am

Okay, stupid question: what are bingo wings?? I haven't heard that said before... :oops: :D

beejay
Mrs Beejay
Mrs Beejay
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:08 am

It's when you lift your arms up and you get that flab hanging down on your upper arms - called bingo wings because it is commonly seen in old ladies when they're playing bingo, and when they lift their arms up to yell Bingo! the flab wobbles :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingo_wings :lol:

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:14 am

Ah... hehe, thanks that make sense. Is it like 'tuck shop arms'?

beejay
Mrs Beejay
Mrs Beejay
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:18 am

YES!! That is exactly what it is haha

erinjb
Eckylicious
Eckylicious

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:50 am

Is back fat and bingo wings the same as a "dowagers hump and foodoobadas"?

beejay
Mrs Beejay
Mrs Beejay
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:56 am

hahahahahaha

See I'm confused about bingo wings/fadoobada's now... Aren't fadoobada's the bits that stick out between your armpits & boobs when you have your arms down? And bingo wings are the bits that hang like wings when you lift your arms up? But then again I guess it's all the same stuff, just caused by different positions :lol:

Never heard of dowagers hump though? What's that?

Darling72

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:15 am

I've always called bingo wings ta-ta's, because you are waving goodbye, that upper arm droopy bit keeps waving long after you've actually stopped! :D :D

I had grand plans of losing a lot of weight for my wedding, but I'm four weeks out, and while I've gone from 86 kilos to 76, and still hoping to be 74 for the wedding, I still have a lot of body fat - for my height, I really should be between 63-66 kilos, so I'm still 10 kilos overweight.

But I had my final fitting, and while I do have a little roll of back fat, and my arms are not great, they are a lot better than they used to be, my waist looks amazing, I can see my collar bones, my neck looks good, and I'm actually at peace with it all. Would I prefer to be 10 kilos lighter, super toned and fit - absolutely, but it's not realistic now, so I'm just focussing on the good stuff, and enjoying the day. At some point, you just need to accept your body the way it is, and just go with it.

Confidence makes any women of any size look sexy.

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 am

A dowager's hump has nothing to do with fat. It is the hump in the upper back that elderly people get as a result of osteoporosis. ETA - the shape is caused by a change in the way the spine curves.

Fadoobadas are the same a tuckshop arms or bingo wings (and no, I didn't just know that, I had to Google it :lol: )

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey I think it's all in your head my dear!! That photo looks GORGEOUS!

beejay
Mrs Beejay
Mrs Beejay
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Hmmmm.. Yeah I'm sure it is, but you know what it's like when you notice something about yourself that you don't like and it doesn't matter how many people tell you that there's nothing wrong it still bugs you :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy with the way I look atm (have lost about 6kg in the last few months) but that back thing is just bugging me! It could just be the camera angle maybe.. dunno :roll:

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Yeah I know what you mean... what does your FH think???

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:15 pm

beejay - i was worried about my arms and the fatc my dress pushed my boobs around my neck... i also have the whole bingo wings - the part near arms n boobs.i put on 5kgs before wedding...

To be honest on the day with my hair n makeup done and all dressed up i didnt even think bout it. I do look at some photos and think ewww that bit is gross... but then i look at the things i do like and my DH. I know you want to feel really comfy... but trust me when its the day you wont think twice about it!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19