A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind
Topic Author

pain after check up..

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 pm

i had my Leetz about a year ago, and i went in for my final colposcopy and smear test about 6 weeks ago.. it wasnt the normal woman at the hospital this time.. and my god she was rough, she was digging around in there only to be told by the assistnat she was using the wrong tools, so then she had to to it all again with the correct tools.. i fainted on the table because she was so rough.. i should have known because the woman that went in before me came out all white and said she was in pain to.. now when ever i have sex it feels brusied and tender... and it shouldnt..and worse of all i could see it all on camera.. up close.. (that wasnt what made me faint).. has anyone been so sore after a smear or colposcopy?

nic0985
QB ♥ BD
QB ♥ BD

Re: pain after check up..

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Hun, I havent. But really, I think you should make a complaint about the doctor. Wrong tools?! Are you kidding me??

I think a little time, proper diet, and maybe a checkup with your usual doctor is a good idea... time and diet for healing, other doctor to make sure the evil one didnt graze or tear anything.

Really sorry to hear that hun. Dont leave it too long.. I hope youre ok.

Kattus
bridezilla in disguise
bridezilla in disguise

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:49 pm

oh hun *hugs* what a nasty doctor 8O using the wrong tools!? definatly make a complaint about her.

I would go to a doctor you trust and let them know about the pain and tenderness you are getting, they might be able to put you on some anti inflammitory pills or something until it gets back to normal (that is, if the problem is coming from bruising, etc) I hope you feel better soon :( I havent had pain afterwards so i'd say there is something going on there

hlennon21
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:12 pm

Not quite sure what a colposcopy is...

But definately get to another doctor ASAP and have it checked out. Better to be safe than VERY sorry in the future if something down there has been damaged.

optimistvik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 pm

kiwicolz wrote:
i had my Leetz about a year ago, and i went in for my final colposcopy and smear test about 6 weeks ago.. it wasnt the normal woman at the hospital this time.. and my god she was rough, she was digging around in there only to be told by the assistnat she was using the wrong tools, so then she had to to it all again with the correct tools.. i fainted on the table because she was so rough.. i should have known because the woman that went in before me came out all white and said she was in pain to.. now when ever i have sex it feels brusied and tender... and it shouldnt..and worse of all i could see it all on camera.. up close.. (that wasnt what made me faint).. has anyone been so sore after a smear or colposcopy?

I think you should complain against those doctors as well as against that hospital this is really bad,if in the hospital this type of thing will happen then where will all the patient go.
:e_evil: they have become evil.

Uptownerd
*now with extra zing
*now with extra zing

Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:11 pm

I have been sore before after a pap smear :/ It was after a rough doctor too (one who told me that my vagina was a "weird shape"). It took her forever and she seemed to be mining iron ore or something she was digging around so much.

It was my first pap smear too so it slightly scarred me for awhile!

Needless to say I never went back to her again! :(

onedaysoon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:30 pm

I've never had any pain after a smear. Colposcopy is a little different though, as apart from having equipment that allows them to look really closely at your cervix, they put need to poke and prod, first to put some weak acid on the cervix which can show up more abnormalities, and then they need to get a sample of the tissue - which involves them cutting away small parts of the cervix for testing. Almost everyone experiences pain during this.

I once watched it done by a very insensitive doctor who paid no attention to the fact the poor girl (who was only 19) was crying and very distressed by the whole process, and he hardly even bothered to explain what he was going to do or why, and what the chances were of finding anything abnormal (VERY small but needed to be done as a precaution). I felt very sorry for her.

All being well, the pain and discomfort you have been feeling should improve over a couple of days. Take it easy and if you don't think it's getting better and you're still concerned, take yourself off to see a doctor (one that's not so rough!)

nikeedee
Queen of the Desert
Queen of the Desert

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:59 pm

I once watched it done by a very insensitive doctor who paid no attention to the fact the poor girl (who was only 19) was crying and very distressed by the whole process, and he hardly even bothered to explain what he was going to do or why, and what the chances were of finding anything abnormal (VERY small but needed to be done as a precaution). I felt very sorry for her.

This happened to me when I was 19, cept it was by a female doctor. I needed a biopsy... I was already anxious about what the results might be, add to this an uncomfortable proceedure, and an uncaring doctor cutting bits away from your most private of parts.... hmmmmphhhh no excuse for a disgraceful bedside manner

nic0985
QB ♥ BD
QB ♥ BD

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm

nikeedee wrote:

This happened to me when I was 19, cept it was by a female doctor. I needed a biopsy... I was already anxious about what the results might be, add to this an uncomfortable proceedure, and an uncaring doctor cutting bits away from your most private of parts.... hmmmmphhhh no excuse for a disgraceful bedside manner

8O 8O 8O

Erm... Kiwicolz? How you going? I hope youre healing hun.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind
Topic Author

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:47 pm

yeah no still noticing alot of tenderness so i know something is not right, i have had many colposcopys before and never one like this.. i am finding it really hard to find time to get to the doctors too, but as soon as i can get in to see my doc i will just get a check up.

nic0985
QB ♥ BD
QB ♥ BD

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Bugger and bugger. Sorry to hear that kiwicolz. Unfortunately I cant help, but I hope you get the time soon.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29