A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo
Topic Author

All in one remotes - Logitech

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Does anyone have those all in one remotes for their tv, vcr, dvd players, xbox etc?

How good are they? I am thinking of getting one for DH birthday even though it will benefit me :lol:

LiZgOla
I survived and got married

Re: All in one remotes - Logitech

Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:10 pm

We do! Well... 2 Actually. We have the cheap 80 buck one and then the 200 buck one with the touchscreen up the top (we use this one daily)

Yeah they are really good... you just need a PC with internet, load up the driver, and add your devices!
Our linked devices are Foxtel, DVD, VCR, XBox, TV, Surround Sound, HP Laptop.. you can even do your heaters/air con units (if they are newish)

They are very handy, although they do take a bit of getting used to... they are as simply as they make them out to be.
It took me about a week to get the hang of using it. But its much more easier using one not 5! No remote boat needed for our coffee table!

Oh and with Foxtel, when using the uni remote, it seems to be a bit delayed when pressing buttons, and its a bit harder to link to the remote to the foxtel box than any other device... thats the only thing I can fault it for.

:D

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:21 pm

hmm might need to get one of those since moving a week and half ago we have 2 remotes and we aren't using the 2 things we have remotes for so we have been having to get up and auto change everything.. :evil:

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo
Topic Author

Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks for that liz! The $80 what is wrong with that one? why dont u use it?

MizR

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:29 pm

We have one of the cheaper ones, and one of the touchscreen ones, and found the cheaper one so much easier. The touchscreen one we ended up selling on ebay after about a weeks use because it just took too long. The cheaper one with the buttons was not only easy to set up, but easier to navigate. They really are brilliant.

LiZgOla

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:22 am

The $80 one is in our cinema room downstairs linked up to our projector screen, dvd, foxtel etc...
We are never down there because its got no heating and no comfy seats as yet.
From using it a few times, nothing is bad about the $80 one, just less wanky features!

The touch screen one is good, although DH picked it.. he likes the coolness of touch screen technology :roll:
(so he went out and bought a touch screen thermostat for our ducted heating as well... hehe)

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo
Topic Author

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks for the responses....I was worried that the $80 one wasnt as good...but since DH is not very technology savvy then maybe this would be the better one to buy if it is easier to use!

Thansk again guys!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39