A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Re: DYP needs help movin to Brisbane & other Brisbane related Qs

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Gawd, it looks like it might be unreasonable to set a max rent budget of $350 and not have to live in dodgy areas!

Yeah I'm focused on Eight Mile Plains and Sunnybank etc... :)

Darens Girl

Re:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darens Girl

Re:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:34 pm

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 pm

omg you serious lol :P

How old are you? i'm 24. Do you remember Mr Wiltshire? he looks like a garden gnome.

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm

sidonie wrote:
Do you remember Mr Wiltshire? he looks like a garden gnome.

LMAO.. that's random!

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Gawd, it looks like it might be unreasonable to set a max rent budget of $350 and not have to live in dodgy areas!

In the Eight Mile Plains type area, if you stick to smaller houses you can find stuff in the $350 bracket. I'm paying $400 for a 3 bedroom house in Holland park if that's any indicator?

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Yes it does help, actually.. We're looking to rough it out with renting 2 bedrooms for a while so hopefully that $350 max budget isn't too unreasonable!

Darens Girl

Re:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:40 pm

zoltansprincess
Ebay Addict
Ebay Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:40 pm

speaking of Holland Park it's a lovely suburb. If we were still renting I'd look at Holland Park, Tarragnidi, Mackenzie, Greenslopes, Mt Gravatt, Buranda, Eight Mile Plains, Norman Park (renting a house would be exy though)

zoltansprincess
Ebay Addict
Ebay Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:42 pm

mrsko wrote:
zoltansprincess wrote:
I know a few people who have lived at Forest Lake, it's just near Inala (worst suburb in Bris along with Woodridge) and the transport system which I think has started won't be ready for a few years yet (maybe that's Springfield Lake?).

Unless you've actually lived in inala, it's actually not that bad Image

Sorry, I know it may not be, and I live in Logan City Council (Rochedale South), but reputation wise and having known people who have lived there and told us stories of having bags snatched, it's not a suburb I would recommend (just like Woodridge and Logan Central) unless the budget was very tight. It is quite close to the city though by train, which is a plus.

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:55 pm

zoltansprincess wrote:
speaking of Holland Park it's a lovely suburb. If we were still renting I'd look at Holland Park, Tarragnidi, Mackenzie, Greenslopes, Mt Gravatt, Buranda, Eight Mile Plains, Norman Park (renting a house would be exy though)

I've just done a search for all those areas. I've pretty much covered all the current listings already :oops:

So would Acacia Ridge and Morningside be alright to live in?

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Acacia Ridge is a bit industrial from memory..and again it's not near any good public transport

Darens Girl

Re:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaynage
I survived and got married

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Morningside is a nice area, it's close to the river, has excellent public transport (buses, trains, and close to citycat terminals - ferries), and is a good distance to the city. Personally I don't like Acacia Ridge, but I generally favour suburbs on the Eastside and Bayside anyway.

zoltansprincess
Ebay Addict
Ebay Addict

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Acacia Ridge is a cheaper area,quite high unemployment, quite a few first home buyers buy there as its cheaper, but its not the nicest suburb to live in.

Morningside is a good suburb, lots going on, has a train station and a lot of busses, driving to the city is quite direct though traffic in peak time can be quite crazy, lots of takeaway places and various small shops and and businesses, mixture of houses and units, probably not cheap these days

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW
Topic Author

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Morningside is a nice area but Acacia Ridge isn't very nice. very industrial but I mt gravatt has a lot of public transport, as does sunnybank which has buses and trains.

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:50 pm

It sounds like you've got a really good list of suburbs together to keep an eye on DYP - now hopefully something comes up for you quickly!

LesLeigh

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:27 pm

I know a lot has been said since then, but about the Forest Lake, Springfield Lakes question:

We used to live in Springfield Lakes and wouldnt do it again... mainly as it was too far away from anything, and the blocks of land are tiny.

I grew up in Forest Lake. Personally I love it, FH and I moved from Springfield Lakes back to Forest Lake. It is just under an hour to catch a bus from there to the city, but that will get quicker when the train line opens ( i think its due in the next six months). Forest Lake is a really nice, quite area, the lake is lovely and such a nice place to walk. The houses are on decent sized blocks of land, not huge but reasonable. It was a Delfin community so it is well designed and looked after. Its not a gated community though.

We briefly looked at building in Collingwood Park but decided against it for the cracking/undermined issue. Redbank would be ok as it is right on the train line and doesnt have the undermine issues.

I think you would be best off looking at areas that are on a train line, as the commute is easier. The buses can be a bit unpredictable with traffic (FH had some trips that took nearly double the time they should due to bad traffic)

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Train line is a good idea. The bus thing depends though. If it's a bus in normal traffic yeah that can be risky but the southern busway is awesome because it's on its own road. the buses are the only traffic. It's really like a train line. I'm in love with the busways :D

LesLeigh

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm

oh yeah definitely...the bus way would be good. Again though would need to find somewhere that is a very short trip to get to the bus way so you dont get stuck in peak hour :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35