[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1679: Undefined offset: 14101
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1679: Undefined offset: 14101
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Christmas Decorating - Wedding Central Forum

A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Christmas Decorating

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:00 am

Well with less than 100 days until Christmas I have already been thinking about what colour I should be decorating with this year!
I have a few different sets of baubles and decorations which I rotate every few years.
This year I can't decide between brights like pink, aqua, lime etc or a bit more traditional with red and white. Either way my wrapping paper will be either all white or all Kraft paper with ribbons and embellishments to jazz them up!

So, have you given Christmas decorating any thought, or am I on my own for now?!

Do you like everything to match/follow a theme or do you just with whatever?

Do you go all out or do you go minimalist?

Do you go all Griswald and decorate the outside too?

I hope I'm not alone in my love of decorating for Christmas!
Maybe we can even use this thread to share our own trees etc closer to Christmas

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Christmas Decorating

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 am

I haven't bought new decorations in years - but I can this year cos I threw a lot of my old stuff out before moving in with FH. I'm going to start a tradition of purchasing a special ornament together each year. I want to start a collection of Swarovski crystal ones :)

I always wrap in plain white or brown paper and decorate with ribbons and a little Christmas ornament. Can't believe it's less than 100 sleeps away!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 am

Are you serious, it's less than 100 days away already?!

I doubt I will do much for Christmas this year, we won't even put our tree up. We will be still on our honeymoon, but we are going to spend it with my family in Singapore. I know we will both miss FMIL's delicious lunch, she always puts on a fantastic spread.

Oooh! After Christmas, I should buy a new Christmas tree for next year!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 am

Oh man I freaking LOVE Christmas.

I decorate super girly because I can. We have a 5 foot lush pine tree that I SMOTHER in pink purple and silver decorations. I have something like 500 fairy lights - it looks like a sparkly fairy got high and puked on my tree.

I am wrapping in kraft paper with silver thin ribbons this year. If I get keen I might stamp with silvers too but unlikely.

CHRISTMAS!
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post, removed double =)

snoopkat
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm not arty by nature so never really got into the spirit of christmas decorating. Plus I'm too lazy :P

Is it really less than 100 sleeps to Christmas?? Better start stocking up the bubbly!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 am

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
rubywoo and I were in kikki.K the other day and we got to see them unpacking their new Christmas stock. OMG so pretty!
And then a friend of mine was at Ikea yesterday and posted a piccy of their Christmas stock. I am SO hanging to go to Ikea now to check it out for myself!

Christmas is coming, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ooooooh I didn't even know Ikea did Christmas stuff - eek will have to check it out!!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Tree goes up on December 1.

Tree comes down on twelfth night.

No arguments.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm

For me Christmas is about the food and family and fun. Not trees and decorations... Growing up, my cousins were always the ones to bring decorations over on Christmas day for the family dinner at my home. :lol:

We're hosting christmas for my in-laws this year and I am a little grumpy at everyone's insistence on a tree and decorations. I'm trying to talk DH into a small (no more than 80cm) fake tree, maybe even just a metal wire one. I'll probably spring for some simple bunting and a couple of wreaths to do up the living room, as I suspect if I don't, the SILs will just take it on themselves to decorate for me, and I fear their preferred colour scheme will be bright pink and sparkly!

I like plain silver or gold wrapping paper as that covers Christmas, birthdays and weddings. I bought a big stash two years ago and it's still going, I just switch around ribbons to make it look different. For a while I was using green butcher paper and that looked good with gold ribbon for Christmas. White paper is very pretty but not opaque enough.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:03 pm

I am a complete Grinch this year! Bah Humbug :P

As I have just been to Europe and have just paid for a wedding I have told everyone we are not doing the 'commercial' Christmas this year... We are not buying any presents and don't want to receive any, BUT we are going to my parents and to FH parents for lunch and dinner. That;s what the Holiday is meant to be - spending time with loved ones.

oh and i lied I joined the KK on here so I will buy that gift cos its a bit of fun and we will buy my step daughter a present too

no decorations anywhere for me though, bah humbug!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm

stormageddon wrote:

no decorations anywhere for me though, bah humbug!

Wish I could do the same! :D

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 am

L.I.W wrote:

No arguments.

I'm going to argue! You live in Adelaide...trees go up on Pageant Day lol!!

I have definitely decided on red and white for this year now...so excited!

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Not too sure if we're going to put our tree up this year... Our lease doesn't end until May next year, but FH has given me permission to start inspecting and applying for rental properties in another suburb. It will mean his 60 min drive one-way will be 40 min, a little bit more bearable for him. So at this stage I don't know if it's worth putting the tree up if we're going to have to take it down early to move. We'll have to see!

FH and I are pretty casual when it comes to decorating. Our tree is a hodge-podge; there's no colour theme whatsoever. Random coloured baubles and tinsel. Plus my homemade decorations; every year I make decorations. Half of my decorations are a new idea started that year, the other half is finishing from last year :P

We wrap presents in whatever wrapping is left over from last year. This year though we're really tight for money, so we're either going to decline gift-giving, or get everyone something cheap. Ultimately I think I'd prefer to just not partake in gift-giving rather than giving someone something they'll just throw out.

cholito

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 am

haha this topic made me smile! I loveeee christmas decorating. Never really celebrated christmas as a kid etc. but when we bought our house and had our first Christmas at home, I went nuts with the decorating.

This year we'll have the tree up and probably decorate with blue and silver decorations. We bought a little train to go under the tree and we have little christmasy things to put around the house. Trying to convince Mr Cholito to put some lights out on the balcony as well this year!
Wooo!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Lanta Bride wrote:
L.I.W wrote:

No arguments.

I'm going to argue! You live in Adelaide...trees go up on Pageant Day lol!!

I have definitely decided on red and white for this year now...so excited!

Oh even better - more tree time!

Okay - tree goes up on pageant day - tree comes down on twelfth night. No arguments.

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 pm

That's the spirit LIW!!

Uh oh Lawwa :( But yay for shopping, I say!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Pageant Day is the day of the Adelaide Christmas Pageant/Parade. Please tell me we are not the only town to do a Pageant? Its like Mardi Gras for Santa!

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 pm

'The Pageant' has been running for the last 80 years. Originally started by the former John Martins Department Store. Floats and bands etc wind their way through the CBD and finish outside what is now David Jones. From here Santa leaves his sleigh and heads inside to 'The Magic Cave'. It is a huge tradition here and lots of people get in the Christmas spirit and will put their trees and decorations up on pageant day!

http://www.cupageant.com.au/index.htm
The first pageant in 1933 had eight floats and four bands. The 2012 Credit Union Christmas Pageant will have 63 floats and 16 bands plus nine walking sets, 11 dance groups, one DJ and three choirs.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:32 pm

We'll hold off until December 1... only because it's just the two of us who decorate our bedroom while we've been living with FPILs. Next year our house will have been built and we will be doing the whole shebang, as big as we can.

I have to say, it annoys me that you can buy decorations in October.. it just makes it all a bit less special.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.37