A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sushi - what to order?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 pm

I've only recently started to eat sushi but am a complete creature of habit and usually order the avocado and salmon or chicken teriyaki rolls. I'd love to experiment & taste more but all too often I'm not sure what to try.

What's your favourite sushi?

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Sushi - what to order?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm kind of boring when it comes to sushi, I like the chicken ones. There isn't much option in Toowoomba for easily accessible fresh sushi :(

Back when I lived in Perth there was one sushi bar that did chicken katsu, oh it was fabulous and I miss it so terribly. When I go to visit Perth it's on my list of places to go :D

I've tried making my own sushi, I've made chicken teriyaki. It's kind of fun but really messy (at least while I'm still bad at it!)

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Salmon Aburi is the BOMB!

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 am

I'm unadventurous and always choose Satay, Crispy or Teriyaki Chicken!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm boring and usually stick with chicken and avo. However FH got me to try a prawn inari (I think) which I liked but I love my chicken.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

I generally stick with cooked tuna sushi roll but sometimes i do love a spicy prawn one :)

I am gluten free (and trying to eat healthy) so i stay away from any crispy / batters ones

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Lawwa wrote:
Fish are friends, not food lol

:lol:

I used to get a vegetarian one which was tofu that had been marinated and tasted like chicken (it even had the texture, definitely wasn't chicken as I was vegan at the time) which was pretty good but have never found another like it.

I'm interested to try some different ones for sure, but as others have said its worth getting fresh. You can usually ask them to make it fresh for you - another place I used to go would make our sushi rolls fresh (without us asking) even if it was 4.55 and they were about to close.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41