Re: Four Weddings

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:22 pm

I missed it tonight :( Was it good?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:06 am

Was it just me, or did the three different coloured bridesmaid dresses from Catherine's wedding tonight look *REALLY* familiar? Was Catherine a WC bride?

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 am

last night's ep was great. loved that the $5000 wedding won :mrgreen: she was the nicest one of them couldn't standthe most expensive one, it just looked a bit tacky imo.

ravensbride2010
Hiking Wife
Hiking Wife

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 am

LOVED this episode! I was sooo happy when the budget bride won - her wedding really reflected her and her partner and their vows were just hilarious but so sweet! Though I thought that Katherine was going to scratch her eyes out when she won lol.

The expensive wedding was uber tacky this week but I also loved the bouquet and dress of the girl with the Australian themed wedding.

amy-aims
Married & still Crazy in ♥

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:06 am

I was so happy the budget wedding won!
I really liked the aussie wedding too, thought that was good to have come second!

sara

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 am

I am so glad she won also!

And very glad that the most expensive wedding came last! pmsl. It was, in my opinion, the worst out of the 4. Where did the 80 grand go???

Can't wait for next week! A WC bride is on! (Sorry! Can't remember your name! :oops: )

amy-aims

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 am

Its Jestar :)

I cant wait to the Hamilton Island wedding, i hope she wins!!!

Pixie Wings
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 am

I watched for the first time last night and it was so funny and entertaining!

I thought the budget wedding looked like the most fun for sure. Glad she won. I fail to see how they spen $80,000 on the big wedding, it was such a let down! I was expecting serious opulence.

Scrappysuzuki
Missus H
Missus H

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:58 pm

I literally punched the air when the $5000 wedding won, even if it cost 10 times that I still would have loved that wedding. I loved how it was true to the couple, it reflected them in every way, it truly seemed like a celebration of their marriage and relationship.
Ngarie's, wedding OMG talk about sour grapes when she didn't win!!! I also had a lot of trouble trying to find where the 80k went too. I agree with Chani, the best parts in Ngaries wedding were the things that were free.

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:11 pm

I watched it last night and omg. Cathareine (i think it was her the one with the $10,000 budget) there is no way she only spent $10,000. She can't have, she had her wedding at the same place as me and same room, We were doing minimum spend and it cost us nearly $12k! Some of the food was the same and it would have cost at least $10k just for the reception and ceremony. I don't believe that was her real budget unless family and friends were helping out by getting the stretch dodge.
i just wanted to vent that out, all i could think of when watching it last night was gotta get on WC gotta get on WC.
But i did enjoy the show.

Pixie Wings
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Autumn2010 wrote:
I watched it last night and omg. Cathareine (i think it was her the one with the $10,000 budget) there is no way she only spent $10,000. She can't have, she had her wedding at the same place as me and same room, We were doing minimum spend and it cost us nearly $12k! Some of the food was the same and it would have cost at least $10k just for the reception and ceremony. I don't believe that was her real budget unless family and friends were helping out by getting the stretch dodge.
i just wanted to vent that out, all i could think of when watching it last night was gotta get on WC gotta get on WC.

I did wonder this becaue I know Le Montage is expensive (and LOVELY).

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

I love this show!!!!

I didn't like the 60k wedding at all last night.

The Aussie themed wedding was great! Loved her dress too.

Glad the cute couple won :)

Can't wait for next week!!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Pixie Wings wrote:
Autumn2010 wrote:

I did wonder this becaue I know Le Montage is expensive (and LOVELY).

I did wonder this also... LeMontage is absolutely beautiful!

mrsctobe2011
Bridezilla in the making ♥

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 pm

A close-knit ceremony and lunch at the pub sounds like the perfect wedding to me :heart:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Scrappysuzuki wrote:
I literally punched the air when the $5000 wedding won, even if it cost 10 times that I still would have loved that wedding. I loved how it was true to the couple, it reflected them in every way, it truly seemed like a celebration of their marriage and relationship.
Ngarie's, wedding OMG talk about sour grapes when she didn't win!!! I also had a lot of trouble trying to find where the 80k went too. I agree with Chani, the best parts in Ngaries wedding were the things that were free.

I thought Catherine was just as nasty as Ngarie. I actually didn't like either of those girls! The girl who won and the aussie wedding girls were both so much nicer!!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:55 pm

mrsctobe2011 wrote:
A close-knit ceremony and lunch at the pub sounds like the perfect wedding to me :heart:

I though their wedding was the nicest of the 4....they had a meaningful ceremony, they looked
great, the reception seemed fun (with decent food - who cares if it wasn't 5 star?!) and most of all it was just a celebration of them, not just spending money to try and look good

the $60k (or $80k?) wedding was terrible...and I think the budget was kind of escalated. Her dress cost $8k??? I don't think so!

jestar85

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Im so glad chani won it looked like a great wedding, not what i would go for but suited them to a tee so who cares.

Im sooo excited/nervous for our episode on tuesday, i hope they dont show me chowing down all the time like they did catherine haha

side note about the budget - you didnt have to prove how much you spent and it says budget not how much you did spend so her budget might of been 80 but she could of came in well under? well it sure looked like she did anyways

mrsctobe2011

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 pm

amberino21 wrote:
mrsctobe2011 wrote:

I though their wedding was the nicest of the 4....they had a meaningful ceremony, they looked
great, the reception seemed fun (with decent food - who cares if it wasn't 5 star?!) and most of all it was just a celebration of them, not just spending money to try and look good

the $60k (or $80k?) wedding was terrible...and I think the budget was kind of escalated. Her dress cost $8k??? I don't think so!

One of our brides wore a very similar dress for her wedding, and she paid $200 on eBay. I didn't like the $60k's dress at all. And the 'something blue' contact lenses? How tacky was that!!!

stefania
Baby Mama ♥
Baby Mama ♥

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:19 am

I was also happy with this week's winner :)
The $80K lady was a bit OTT I thought.. carrying on saying 'oh my budget was $60K but I think I'm up around $80K' sounded like she wanted everyone to think she was so great, but it just made her sound immature IMO. Anyway, doesn't matter because it didn't make her win :)

My favourite winners from the UK version was a couple who had a small budget, two small children & had never had a holiday together. I cried when she won - she really deserved it :)

ravensbride2010
Hiking Wife
Hiking Wife

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

It's on tonight thank goodness so now I can watch Glee tomorrow woop woop!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.89