A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Re: Four Weddings

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

was a bit confused for a sec there frantically flipping channels....forgot about daylight saving! Argh....will comment in an hour :)

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:51 pm

damn - forgot it was on. thank-god for iq - hubby has it on series link.

i think its on hiatus for a few weeeks due to the dehli games - no major ratings are on

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 pm

beautiful chapel!
(u must be stoked russa!)

I :heart: this show

the girls seem pretty nice this week :D

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

I love your chapel Russa! I am liking Yvette the most so far, she seems nice.

That blonde woman is obsessed with pink! :roll:

Lozzie
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Last edited by Lozzie on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mills2B
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:39 pm

In love with Yvette's wedding. She was stunning and looked magnificent!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Loved Yvette's wedding the most tonight, her dress was gorgeous :) Wish it had stopped raining for her ceremony though, we plan to get married at the botanic gardens and I would have liked to see what they did with the venue.

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Lozzie wrote:
Great weddings tonight, really wanted Yvette to win though!! Thought that was a little bitter of Kerry to say that Yvette only announced her pregnancy to win votes though...

Totally! The pregnancy was probably planned loooooong before the show. As if she would have gotten pregnant just to win a silly honeymoon.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:26 pm

belle11235 wrote:
Lozzie wrote:
Great weddings tonight, really wanted Yvette to win though!! Thought that was a little bitter of Kerry to say that Yvette only announced her pregnancy to win votes though...

Totally! The pregnancy was probably planned loooooong before the show. As if she would have gotten pregnant just to win a silly honeymoon.

Haha true, as if you can plan it that well. As if you would want to, the money they would not have to spend on a baby could be spent on a honeymoon if she wasn't pregnant

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:41 pm

i like how each bride did things her own way :D
wow some of them judge so harshly though!!

at the end of the day we are all so different and its what keeps life interesting!

i find it really interesting though how the budget brides on the show are all very scathing of the money the other brides spend..
to each their own! :D

kimberlina81
I survived and got married

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 pm

I totally agree about the $$ thing. So what if someone wants to spend big on a wedding dress (or anything else for that matter). It's THEIR wedding and THEIR money (well hopefully!).

I liked the classic one and good on them for finding such a fantastic last minute venue but tsk tsk for not having one in advance (let that be a lesson any fellow outdoors ceremonies ladies). We booked our reception venue from 7am and although not ideal for a wedding, it would have done the job and looked as beautiful as it could. (It overlooks a river so not too bad). We also had a SECOND back up if absolutely necessary at the school I work (it is a nice open yet under cover area... actually has had one wedding there before :wink: ) I LOVED her dress. Loved the reception venue even if it was cramped.

The budget one was a bit well, boring I thought. If I was doing an afternoon tea I would have lots of cute afternoon tea stuff like cucumber sandwiches, scones, cupcakes, that sort of stuff. Could have also had a 'tea bar' with a selection of different varieties of tea (in lieu of the alcohol). My original theme was more vintage but went away from it in the end, but I considered getting beautiful old plates (florals etc) from Lifeline/ebay to serve food the finger food on, they could have done something like that and it would have still been in budget. A bit more themed and less party pies... I'm a huge fan of music so didn't really understand the lack of it, it costs all of $50 tops to have an ipod wedding. I also thought she could have gone a bead shop and accessorised that dress a little, even a nice vintage piece of lace ribbon or something (to tie in with the afternoon tea theme). But it was quite a nice simple dress.

All in all, what a great episode though, great girls who seemed to actually be nice!

selgar22

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:00 am

hello. I’m Matt Ragless (Groom of Alice) from last night. Just wanted to say all weddings were great and all brides were very kind, despite the way they were portrayed on TV. Yes, even my wife Alice, of whom seems to be seen as *****. First of all, it wasn’t a 'Tea party’ it was more of a cocktail afternoon tea. Alice and i are very laid back, casual people who are very family and friend orientated, which is why we didn’t have entertainment as such, so the aim was to have a get together where we could catch up with friends and family. The issue with this is the other brides didn’t know anyone and no one wanted to talk to them as they didn’t want to be on TV. This meant the brides were bored, which is understandable. I guess if we knew we were on the show before finishing up the planning of our wedding then we perhaps could have catered to the entertainment needs of the other brides. But in the end it was our day and we shouldn’t be dictated by such thing. And the plus side is (the overall point) is that we are married. And I’m married to a fantastic woman who isn’t actually a ***** like seen on TV.

jasmine&paul

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 am

russa1 wrote:
OUR WEDDING VENUE IS ON RIGHT NOW GIRLS....the little tuscan chapel in the Yarra Valley :D

As i was watching it last night with my mum i was like i swear that's where Russa is getting married!! Your s&t must be in mind im not even from Victoria!

Last night was the best show yet! I actually couldnt see how the budget girl spent the $8k it was party pies, $200 dress & no alcohol seemed a lot of money for what it was.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:54 am

Russa, your venue is utterly stunning! I know you've posted pictures, but seeing it on film, it is heavenly! Are you having your reception in the same room that she did?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 am

Dandelion wrote:
Russa, your venue is utterly stunning! I know you've posted pictures, but seeing it on film, it is heavenly! Are you having your reception in the same room that she did?

Nope, our reception is at another winery. We did not like the set up there. Have a look at some of the pictures:

http://www.stonesoftheyarravalley.com/p ... allery.htm

:heart:

selgar22

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:19 pm

jasmine&paul wrote:
russa1 wrote:
OUR WEDDING VENUE IS ON RIGHT NOW GIRLS....the little tuscan chapel in the Yarra Valley :D

As i was watching it last night with my mum i was like i swear that's where Russa is getting married!! Your s&t must be in mind im not even from Victoria!

Last night was the best show yet! I actually couldnt see how the budget girl spent the $8k it was party pies, $200 dress & no alcohol seemed a lot of money for what it was.

In reply to the above. We quite easily spent $8000 as seen last night. what you have to remember is they didnt show any where near as much as what we had at our wedding. Alice and I spent as follows (just to clear it up):

$1500 on cars
$800 Wedding Dress +Bridesmaids dresses
$600 Suit Hire
$2000 Reception (service / food-and guess what? we actually had more on offer than part pies!!!)
$350 Cake
$500 Church
$50 Music Hire
$550 Drink tab
$400 Flowers
$500 Make up
$200 to have cake cut
$1000 photography

total: $8450

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 pm

z
Last edited by Nikkie on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NN

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 pm

selgar22 wrote:
In reply to the above. We quite easily spent $8000 as seen last night. what you have to remember is they didnt show any where near as much as what we had at our wedding. Alice and I spent as follows (just to clear it up):

$1500 on cars
$800 Wedding Dress +Bridesmaids dresses
$600 Suit Hire
$2000 Reception (service / food-and guess what? we actually had more on offer than part pies!!!)
$350 Cake
$500 Church
$50 Music Hire
$550 Drink tab
$400 Flowers
$500 Make up
$200 to have cake cut
$1000 photography

total: $8450

Hey Matt, I also saw your comment on Facebook -Four Weddings. Love, why do you need to justify yourselves? I get where you are coming from trying to stand by Alice if you feel she was portayed in a bad light but I say don't pay attention and move on. Obviously your wedding was a reflection of you two and what you two wanted and people will say that if you went on the show you were leaving it open for people to criticize which is fine, I suppose that is what these shows are for, for the outside world to judge but in my humble opinion, why do you care? We're all strangers and we are certainly not going to be here in 5 years remembering and congratulating you on your anniversary, nor are we going to say, hey, here is a $1,000 or a cent for you to cover some of the costs so I suggest you put it in that light that we are stangers judging strangers and since it doesn't really matter you should enjoy the memories of your day and let the world have the 10 mins of gossip.

After all, tomorrow we'll be talking about something else and you and Alice should hopefully be living happily ever after .....

stefania
Baby Mama ♥
Baby Mama ♥

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Yamile wrote:
Hey Matt, I also saw your comment on Facebook -Four Weddings. Love, why do you need to justify yourselves? I get where you are coming from trying to stand by Alice if you feel she was portayed in a bad light but I say don't pay attention and move on. Obviously your wedding was a reflection of you two and what you two wanted and people will say that if you went on the show you were leaving it open for people to criticize which is fine, I suppose that is what these shows are for, for the outside world to judge but in my humble opinion, why do you care? We're all strangers and we are certainly not going to be here in 5 years remembering and congratulating you on your anniversary, nor are we going to say, hey, here is a $1,000 or a cent for you to cover some of the costs so I suggest you put it in that light that we are stangers judging strangers and since it doesn't really matter you should enjoy the memories of your day and let the world have the 10 mins of gossip.

After all, tomorrow we'll be talking about something else and you and Alice should hopefully be living happily ever after .....

I have to agree with you there Yamile :)

Matthew Mead

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 pm

My g/f is addicted to this show. It interesting to see some real feedback from people who have actually stared on it. It comes accross so catty but i was sure thats how the tv producers want it to be.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11