A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

rhett's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Hotel describes couple as "not the right type" for the venue

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:58 pm

I just read this article in the Sydney Morning Herald. This is the ultimate "foot in mouth" moment! I wonder if this staff member is still employed by this hotel.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-new ... 282xa.html

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: Hotel describes couple as "not the right type" for the venue

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 am

ouch, that poor couple, having such a negative comment made when they are in such a happy place organising their wedding.

sadly though we do live in a time where first impressions count for allot, in saying this however their money is as good as anyones...

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 am

On the other hand - all businesses do have the right to choose who they do business with. Most will go with whoever has the money which is probably why this has caused such a shock! I wonder what was so 'wrong' with them? If it was just the earrings, well they have done themselves out of $15,000!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:04 am

there is an update on this story

The Bride to be is an adult TV channel star who chats to callers while wearing revealing clothes or underwear.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/brid ... z2AAcDSRIV
and says the hotel constantly put obstacles in their way after they noticed Mr Carty, who is 24 years older than his bride-to-be, had a pierced eyebrow and two small earrings in his ear.

Well all this says to me is they have money for $15000 for 30 guests the hotel just lost out!

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:24 pm

What they do for a living should have nothing to do with it. How often have any of us been asked our occupation when booking one of the services for our wedding??

If they have the money to hold it there, what is it to them if he has two holes in his ear and a hole in his eyebrow??

Gosh, I would be giving the hotel a great big "F YOU" and bad mouth it as much as I could and spend my exorbidant $15K elsewhere!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04