A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Couple sues photographer for missing their kiss??

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:15 am

I came across this article on the Age website tonight... a funny read, so thought I'd share it here:

Who knew that people would go to the effort to sue their wedding photographers for missing their wedding kiss! Hmm... :lol:

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/wedd ... 2cgq4.html

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Couple sues photographer for missing their kiss??

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 am

Wombatta wrote:
I came across this article on the Age website tonight... a funny read, so thought I'd share it here:

Who knew that people would go to the effort to sue their wedding photographers for missing their wedding kiss! Hmm... :lol:

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/wedd ... 2cgq4.html

Oh my gosh!!!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 am

I agree with Ashling - its more than just missing the kiss, it sounds like the overall quality of the photos were poor as wel as the photographers professionalism.

The fact that this article has gone to print will mean a loss to the business.

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Our photographer didn't send us our kiss as part of our photos. We have just before and just after. After some probing he sent it. He had it but I guess to him it wasn't album worthy and so we didn't get it.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:20 pm

This story was on A Current Affair tonight. Seriously, the way the couple were carrying on, you'd think someone had died. They chose their photographer from looking at images in his website, didn't sound like they did much research at all.

Talk about first world problems :roll:

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:48 pm

I can sympathise with the photographer (hereafter "tog").

No matter how often you tell the bride and groom to let the kiss linger, they never do. I have missed a kiss shot because either its blurry, or too quick, or I got the shot, but the lighting was off. Dont forget, couples often choose the sunset behind them/infront of their guests and when taking the shots, the 'tog has to expose correctly for this, and its not always as simple as putting it on Auto Mode and Continuous Shot. If your tog did that for all your shots, would you wonder why you were paying a professional to take the pics when any random could do it?

Most kisses last a second or two, and if its blurry or underexposed, we dont have a second time to shoot. One of those things. I love the celebrants who say "did you get that? shall we kiss again?" and he gets the couple to kiss again for the guests to take shots and the tog gets another chance at the moment.

Something to consider, kiss longer. Like walking down the aisle, they tell you to walk slower than you think you're walking. Same with the kiss :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:00 am

Wand33 wrote:
I can sympathise with the photographer (hereafter "tog").

No matter how often you tell the bride and groom to let the kiss linger, they never do. I have missed a kiss shot because either its blurry, or too quick, or I got the shot, but the lighting was off. Dont forget, couples often choose the sunset behind them/infront of their guests and when taking the shots, the 'tog has to expose correctly for this, and its not always as simple as putting it on Auto Mode and Continuous Shot. If your tog did that for all your shots, would you wonder why you were paying a professional to take the pics when any random could do it?

Most kisses last a second or two, and if its blurry or underexposed, we dont have a second time to shoot. One of those things. I love the celebrants who say "did you get that? shall we kiss again?" and he gets the couple to kiss again for the guests to take shots and the tog gets another chance at the moment.

Something to consider, kiss longer. Like walking down the aisle, they tell you to walk slower than you think you're walking. Same with the kiss :)

So true. I was a little disappointed when I looked at photos from the ceremony as there weren't really any "magic" ones, but it does go very quickly and we do have a sweet one of us hugging straight after the kiss. Which I would prefer I think! We have a couple of "kissing ones" from our posed pics after the ceremony and I cringe when I look at them!

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 pm

I'd sue too! :P

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Knowing this, I'm going to make sure FH and I hold our kiss for some time :)

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

THAT is hard to believe. We have way more photos of us signing than we would ever need.

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 pm

curly wrote:
The fact that they also missed the signing of the registry... that takes like 5 mins to sign HOW do you miss that.

Digitalista wrote:
THAT is hard to believe. We have way more photos of us signing than we would ever need.

Agreed, that is a little difficult to miss :)

Teska
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 am

Agape wrote:
I would be suing also. It is totally unprofessional for a photographer to miss 'that' moment.

As for lighting and all that business, you have been in the venue how long???? - as a professional you should have checked out the venue before the job, you have also stood in the venue all the way thru the vows, I would assume by the kissing stage (given that you are a professional, and charging as a professional) you have found a good position to capture the moment.
Given the off chance that you have failed to capture it, MANY many photographers 'ask' (whether directly to the couple or my motioning to the celebrant/priest for another kiss). It has to be more professional that simply missing it all together.

Agreed! But definitely an excuse to make sure the kiss is a long one! :wink:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12