A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

T&T

Re: Daydream Island Wedding HELP PLEASE

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 am

Yeah hopefully for both our sakes she is fine on the day. We are going to tahiti for 9 nights i think i'm looking forward to that more than the wedding actually it will be our first holiday on our own we always seem to go away with family or friends.

T&T

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey keler1 we met with Donna today it went really well. She seems very nice so I think she will be fine. She showed me the site with the forever frames they are amazing she didn't mind that we don't have kids another celebrant I spoke to said to not do it as it's just for people with kids but they look unreal will make a great keepsake so I think I will look into these. Did you gey yours from the us or a supplier here?

keler1

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey, I got mine from the US, I found a voucher online with the code FFTweet15 which I used and got some discount. Including shipping I think ot worked out pretty much the same as it would if you brought it from here. I wish I had ordered my coloured sand from the us site though also as its really expenisive here and the ones they have on their site didn't seem too badly priced. I am pleased you had a good visit with her. It makes me a little bit more comfortable that she will be ok! I have just sent her through our first lot of ceremony ideas so hopefully we can get it sorted quite quickly. :D

T&T

Wed May 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi how did you go with your ceremony do you have it all sorted now? How much did postage cost you from the US for the forever frame still deciding where to order one from. Received my hairpiece today very happy with it also got my jewelery last week so my whole outfit is sorted now have to start on the guys now. The groomsmen has just moved to Canberra so it's going to be a hassle to get him dressed it think :( have you got your dress back yet?

keler1

Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

hey, cool that you are all sorted! You must be pleased, one less stress. I know what you mean about sorting people who dont live close, I have 2 bridesmaids, one lives in NZ and the other in the UK so everything had to be done online and the bestman lives in NZ and we are just in the process of trying to get hime sorted. I cant find the Forever frame invoice but the total cost was $139.26 including shipping. The bridal store just phoned to say they have my dress ready but expect me to come and get it or pay for the shipping ($85!!!!!!!!!!!) I told them I drove 2.5 hours to pick my dress up when they told me it was ready and it wasn't which was their error, I also was told it would only take 2 weeks to fix so at the 2 week mark I offered to drive down as I had a spare day but was told it wasn't ready and ended up being another 10 days until it was so I think they should cover the shipping cost to me now. The lady said she would ask HO but if they said no there was nothing she could do to help so I have to wait and see. If I had any good opinion of this store prior to this it will be gone completely if they refuse to ship it! Grrrrrr! Is you Groom and groomsman wearing full on suits?

T&T

Thu May 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi that sux about your dress. I think it should be there duty to get the dress to you they were the ones that got the order wrong in the first place you'd think they'd be bending over backwards to keep a customer happy for there stuff up. I hope it all works out and they pay for it they make enough money from dresses anyway. I think I'll have to see what shops are where he's living that's up here also and go with one of them then he can go in and try it on at least or if that don't work we'll just wing it and get his size and hope it fits. We are going for the more casual look guys will be in white shirt grey pants and thongs if it's a nice day the guys would melt in a suit it starts getting warmer in the days by then. What have you choosen for your guys?

keler1

Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Yes I was actually really mad about the dress. I think they were completely unreasonable and it was entirely their fault. They tried to make out like they did me a big favour by not charging me for fixing the dress because they ordered it wrong in the first place which I again pointed out was acually their fault. Then they tried to blame the dress designer company in the States but to be fair, I didn't pay the dress designer for the dress, I paid the dress store so I think it was up to them to sort and make sure it was right. Anyway, they refused to send it to me :x and since I had already paid for it I had no choice but to drive 5 hours there and back today with 2 young children in the car to pick it up. So I wont be recommending Casar Elegence to anyone else any time soon. Although I doubt they really care as I guess repeat business is not where they make their money! (And actually I had also read a few bad posts about them prior to shopping there so wasn't overly suprised.) Anyway, moving on....
The boys are wearing full suits and vests but I am hoping they will be ok as its the middle of winter at the time. We were there the same time last year and it seemed like it would be ok to wear a suit so fingers crossed its not a really hot day! Do you think the temp will be not too bad mid June? I guess its only really for the ceremony and then they can take their jackets and ties off so they should be ok.

T&T

Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 pm

OMG that's such bad customer service it's not like it's a $100 dress we spend big bucks at these stores it should be right the first time. Besides all that are you happy with your dress? My bridesmaid lives in sunny coast and is getting married next year I will tell her not to go there. Your guys should be fine the days are generally a nice temperature not too hot.

keler1

Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 pm

I know, it is huh! Yes other than that I am really happy with my dress though, just getting a couple of alterations and then I will hvae have to find a aplce to store it away from my 16 month olds little fingers! I guess your dress wont be too far away now either? How did you go with the forever frame? If you are looking for really nice quality mens shirts online for awesome prices we just brought 2 from http://www.themensshop.com.au, we got 2 Trent Nathan shirts for $65 but for also signing up to their emails we got $20 off our order so was only $45 plus $5 delivery. They arrived today and are beautiful quality. And fast delivery, great service! :D I emailed DDI Spa and asked if they could send me some photo's of some of the make up they have done before, I am a little nervous, I have never had my make up done before and am scared they might make me look like a drag queen! So I thought I better check what they do before I cough up $100 on it. Are you getting your make up done?

T&T

Mon May 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah my dress should be there by mid June but I'm leaving it till late July to pick it up I'm heading down to coffs that weekend anyway so saves making 2 trips I'm also getting there lady to do my alterations she said she could it over the weekend for me which is great otherwise I'd have to travel to mackay to get them done. I will check out that shop that's really cheap sounds good how'd the sizing turn out? Haven't ordered a forever frame yet but I must do it soon did you get the engraving on yours if so how did that turn out? I'll be getting my hair and makeup done from all the photos I've seen they seem to do a good job. I've only had my makeup done once years ago are you having a trial before the wedding?

T&T

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:09 am

Keler1 it's your big day tomorrow right. Hope you have an amazing day fill us in on how it went when your home.

keler1

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 am

Hi T&T, yep it was on Saturday. We had a great time and the weather was beautiful, we were very lucky with it! The day really does go as fast as everyone says it does.
My wedding coordinator was awesome and so helpful, actually everyone was really helpful on the day which was cool.
The girl who did all of our hair was amazing, we just showed her some pic's and she said "ok" and I didn't know if she was really getting what we were asking for but then she just did these beautiful hair styles which were exactly what we wanted, and she was super quick getting them done too. (I really rate her, can you tell! :D ) I was a bit disappointed with my makeup though, it took the girl ages to do and we ended up running really late because of it so were very rushed after that, no time for a relax before the wedding which gutted me and I wasn't super happy with the job she did either, I think I could have done a better job myself and at $100 (didn't even get to keep the lipstick) I wish I had done it myself. It is luck of the draw who you get though and I am sure they are not all like that.
The buffet was really good too and there was plenty of it and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
I was also thrilled with my flowers which had been sent straight to the island, my coordinator thought they were real when they arrived and put them in the chiller and said he was wondering how he was going to keep them fresh for a week. :D
Toby was also really good and nice, he said he will put some photos up on FB in the next few days so might see them pop up (under Blair & Erin).
How are all your plans coming along? Do you still have much to do? Not too long now!!!! :D

T&T

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:58 pm

thats awsome you had a great day the weather was perfect up here i remember thinking i hope it's like this on my day :)
thats great about the good job on your hair sorry to hear about the makeup i suppose it is really luck of the draw who you get on the day at resorts. and that sucks about running late rushing to get ready is never in the plan.
you know you have good fake flowers when someone thinks there real close up haha. How did you like your decorations did event co do a great job. How was your cake from kerry? Thats good to hear everyone is very helpful on the day.
I was also wondering what kind of seating arrangement did you have i have been tossing up between round tables or to do the u-shape thing. Our plans are getting there now its amazing what happens when you hand that requirments form in. i still have to sort out my ceremony been putting that off how was donna on the day?
Toby seems really nice i actually spoke to him today to sort out a few things he mentioned a wedding he done over there a few weeks ago i guess that would have been yours he hopes to have some photos up this afternoon.
How did all your guests enjoy the island the ones from nz would have enjoyed the warm weather

keler1

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey, the decorations were really nice although I don't feel like I really paid very much attention to them! The whole day went by so fast and I felt like we (the bridal party) weren't actually there for a lot of it, ie, I was the last to the ceremony and the first to leave again for photos, then the last to arrive at the reception and then it was pretty busy from then too talking to everyone and having dinner so I sort of felt a little like there wasn't a lot of time to relax and enjoy everything that was there. Everyone else really liked them though and they were nice and simple which was exactly what I wanted.
We had a long bridal table and then round tables for the guests which I was happy with, I thought about having a horseshoe shape too but wondered if that would mean guests could only really talk to the person either side of them?
My cake was ok, it was pretty enough but I didn't think it was exactly what I was hoping for but Kerry was really good to deal with so I wasn't too worried.
I still found Donna a little odd, sort of how I found her on the phone, she was nice enough though.
Yay, I hope Toby does put some pics up, he said he would have some up within 7 days but so far nothing, I am dying to see some! He was really professional and I was really happy with him.
Exciting that you are starting to get things going with Daydream! I also left my ceremony till later to sort until Donna chased me up and gave me a deadline for it (which was good otherwise I probably would have left it until the last minute!)
Our guests really loved it up there and we were really lucky it was so warm, everyone was able to swim which was nice. Have you got final numbers etc sorted? I have someone less than 2 weeks out change their mind and decide to come from NZ so was still making changes right up.
Have you got your dress and everything else, shoes etc...?

Brigflower

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Girls
I was recently married at Daydream Island. My wedding was amazing, a few let downs but was still good.
We were so lucky to have good weather for our wedding, apparently it had been raining the week before and it also started to day we left the island.
The location and layout of the island is amazing, it's small but so much to do and has a good layout. The Chapel is divine!
Our Celebrant was Annie and she was really helpful and friendly and made our day feel the best it could be.
The photographer was professional and helpful. We used the Islands recommended photograper as we could not justify paying the extra charge for a different photographer. We have just received our photos in the mail and they are better that we could possibly imagine!!!
Decoration were amazing and exactly what we had wished for we choose The Event Company Whitsundays.
Our cake we probably the biggest let down. Like keler1's post above we chose Kerry from Cooopers Crazy Cakes for our cake. The cake was totally not what we wanted and the decoration was not as good as they look in her photos. The cake also tasted a bit weird. I guess you get what you pay for. If I had the choice again I would have chosen one of the Daydream recommended suppliers.
Flowers were the absolute stand out of my wedding the Flower Hut flowers were so fresh looked absolutely amazing and smelled nice too.
Overall I am now happily married to the love of my life and had an amazing wedding I will remember forever..

keler1

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey T&T. Have you had your wedding yet?? If yes how did it go? If no, good luck!!! :D

keler1

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi Jackiegc, I got all my quotes etc myself and organised all those bits and pieces myself as Daydream are pretty slow getting back to you until your wedding is around 6 months out. Even after that you can wait a couple of weeks for replies so I found it easier to just sort all those things myself. If you don't mind waiting for them then they will do it all for you though (which is good since you pay them for that too). When is your wedding? Who is your coordinator? :D

keler1

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Jackiegc, yeah I was the same, I wanted my costs sorted well in advance so I knew what I was up for. I found it good to shop around a bit and didn't end up using their preferred suppliers for very much which I think saved me a bit. Plus its fun spending the time trawling through ideas from different companies and picking what you want! I had 3 or 4 coordinators also, it sounds like they change regularly. I ended up with Ashley and was stoked with him, he was awesome. Has he left now?

keler1

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah that is a shame. He had only been there for 6 months in June so they don't seem to stick around very long. I guess you would get a bit of cabin fever if you were there all the time. I used The Events company for my decorations. I did a bit of shopping around and they were all pretty similar with prices etc, they were the only one of Daydream Islands preferred suppliers that I did use though. The sooner you confirm with them the better I think as I asked for prices and then when I went to book the set up/take down fee had increased, and they wouldn't go with the original price I was given. I think other people have been happy with Beautiful Beach Weddings on here though. I looked into the but they didn't really have any example pics for me to look at and just wanted me to email through ideas and it to go back and forward until I was happy and then they would give a quote. I was happier going with something where I could see pics and know exactly what I was getting.

keler1

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 am

I used Toby Kroner, just the basic package with before wedding photos. Yeah, they are very expensive huh, he was not as expensive as some of the others though. I didn't like any of the Island photographers either. I am really happy with the photos though and mostly happy with the service. Toby is fairly slow getting back to you about anything and right up until the day of the wedding I was worried he wouldn't show up as we hadn't really heard from him or been able to get hold of him but he did so it was fine. I think I was stressed having never been married before but the wedding people are not as they do it all the time. Where would you have to fly someone up from?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02