A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bali
Topic Author

Photographer in Bali? can anyone recommend a good one

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi all,

Am planning on getting married in Bali in Oct 09. However, having trouble finding a photographer I like. Any recommendations?

shawnte

Re: Photographer in Bali? can anyone recommend a good one

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Patrick Richard http://www.richardphotos.com/ looks good.

bali
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks, I had a look at the website and there are some awesome photos. I have seen photos from the photofactory that looked great but have heard some mixed responses. Has anyone had any experiences with the Photofactory?

BaliBride2Be

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi, I made a few comments in another Bali thread - this has been my biggest drama in arranging our Bali wedding so far!

Photofactory - GORGEOUS photos, I agree. But BIG pice ;-) I met Ary a few weeks ago while I was in Bali making plans, and she is lovely to deal with, and their albums are great, but don't expect any bargaining.

I also met Mario from Aditi Niranjan, also nice. His packages are in IDR, and hence heaps cheaper, and you get more hours and more albums for your cash.

But I haven't decided yet. I think if you go with Photofactory, you have to go with Windee - if you compare his pics to the associates, they are framed much better.

At the moment, I'm focussing on the other parts of the wedding and seeing how much I can spend. And waiting for the Aus dollar to shoot back up ;-)

Good luck with your decision, let me know how you go!

bali
Topic Author

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks heaps for your replies. It helps a lot. I also had someone recommend Richard Watson. His photos look great and his prices are fairly reasonable for the quality.

angela_h

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 pm

I met a photographer at a workshop a few months ago who is based in Singapore but regularly travels to Bali for weddings. His name is Kelvin Koh (http://www.lightedpixels.com/)and he is such a wonderful photographer and person. His images are beautiful and you can see a recent wedding from Bali at his blog http://kelvinkoh.livejournal.com/

Drop him a line - I'm sure he'd love to help out :)

BaliBride2Be

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm checking out Richard Watson now too :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

saza42

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:13 am

Hi I need some advice. Me and my Fiance have decided to get married in Bali and will be going over in a couple of months to look at venues. Did most of you visit bali or just organise it over internet? If you did visit Bali did you just meet with one wedding planner and look at different venues or did you get a feel with a few planners. Im not sure if I should be so trusting and just visit with one as I imagine there could be major differences in prices etc. Would love to know what you all did and who you have decided to go with.

Have a great day brides :D

BaliBride2Be

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 am

Hey, we went and visited about 13months before wedding - got some sale fares, plus I could see the weather for that month ;-)

We saw 1 wedding planner (Bali Wed Internat.), 2 photographers, 2 reception venues and the 1 chapel that we had decided on when we were at home. It fit nicely into a 6 day holiday without being too overwhelming.

saza42

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Thanks Balibride2be, do you mind me asking approx how many ppl are you having attend your wedding? Do you have a rough idea of total cost/ breakdown etc.
we have a budget or about 15k but would love to spend less is possible.

Chris@uber
Photographer
Photographer

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I photographed a wedding in Bali last year and I off there in 6 weeks to shoot another wedding.

I can highly recommend an australian wedding planner in Bali: http://www.balistarz.com/

For some inspiration here is a link to a wedding we shot there: http://www.uberphotography.net.au/darkroom/share/?n=heike_gabi_wedding

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 am

Chris@uber wrote:
I photographed a wedding in Bali last year and I off there in 6 weeks to shoot another wedding.

I can highly recommend an australian wedding planner in Bali: http://www.balistarz.com/

For some inspiration here is a link to a wedding we shot there: http://www.uberphotography.net.au/darkroom/share/?n=heike_gabi_wedding

Just gorgeous photos Chris :D I saw this exact wedding in Real Weddings magazine.

Chris@uber
Photographer
Photographer

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm

kyliemartin79 wrote:
Just gorgeous photos Chris :D I saw this exact wedding in Real Weddings magazine.

Thanks! yes it was cool to be featured in Real Weddings.
Can't wait for the next Bali wedding :D

bali
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I have also looked at Ricky and Co. Ricky's photographs look pretty good and his prices are great. He also belongs to the wedding photojournalist association. I think this is who we might go with him. The wedding planner I am using is Jo from Bali Mystical. She is great and has been keeping me calm each step of the way. I originally contacted a number of wedding planners. I chose Jo as her prices were good, but her communication and organisational skills were fantastic. She is very quick to reply and regularly keeps me updated on everything. She is fantastic!!!!!!!!!

erin1980

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 pm

I used Patrick Richard for our photos for our wedding in Uluwatu in May 2009.

He was sensational and the photos are some of the best I have seen.

He is really lovely too.

Taz02

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi Erin,

Does Patrick Richard have a website so I can check his photos out? I am getting married in Bali in March 2010. Thank you

chinadoll

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 pm

We used The Photo Factory, and went with Windee for 4 hours, and then an associate for the last 3 hours, which gave us a good compromise on getting the amazing shots we wanted and the full coverage (7 hours) without blowing the budget too much.

http://www.photofactorybali.com/ is their website.

We can't rate their professionalism and the quality of Windee's work highly enough.

We had our photo albums delivered to us in Bali yesterday (after getting married last weekend) and we're blown away by how great the photos and the finish are.

If you're looking for top-class, best-of-the-best photography, then I highly recommend the Photo Factory!! Unfortunately their prices are on the "Western Side" but the quality is amazing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39307832@N ... 9597226758 is the link to some of the best shots!

Miss*Nat

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Soo, got venue sorted, catering sorted now just trying to decide on a wedding photographer for my Nov 2010 Bali wedding.
I am pretty fussy and really don't want a bunch of posed wedding shots - more interested in 'action' photo journalistic shots. I fell in love with Why Imaging, but was shattered when I saw the cost which was over my budget. Richard Watson has sent me a quote and he isn't too bad, Photofactory again is expensive so prob won't use them, Patrick Richard no longer does wedding photography, Domenik (think that's right) seemed reasonable but wasn't 100% convinced he was right for me looking at his work and lastly got a quote from Gusde Photography which was extremely reasonable and looking at his site I like what he does... I have heard really good reports on Richard Watson... has anyone used any or heard anything about any of the other photographers mentioned above?

bali
Topic Author

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi,

I just got back from Bali and my HUSBAND and I used Richard Watson. Could not recommend him highly enought. His photography is some of the best I have seen (and I have looked at a number of photographers here and in Bali) and he was able to take amazing shots without getting in the way. It was like he was there to take the shots but not really there as I did not feel that I was having to pose and smile all day. Mind you I could not keep the smile off my face, but this was a genuine one.

BaliBride2Be

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

bali wrote:
Hi,

I just got back from Bali and my HUSBAND and I used Richard Watson. Could not recommend him highly enought. His photography is some of the best I have seen (and I have looked at a number of photographers here and in Bali) and he was able to take amazing shots without getting in the way. It was like he was there to take the shots but not really there as I did not feel that I was having to pose and smile all day. Mind you I could not keep the smile off my face, but this was a genuine one.

Thankyou, thankyou for posting this!! Gives me a nice confirmation that we made the right choice!

How quick was the turn-around time? Did you choose any album pics or did he just select it all for you, and you picked up the album? Also, are you going to post your pics online? I'd love to see them :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46