A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

BabyTurtle
Topic Author

Help Needed! Bali Wedding

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Some time ago I was a member of this forum and I found it an invaluable resource when planning my wedding. Well, now Im back because a friend has called upon me to be her 'wedding planner'. Im absoultely thrilled to be bestowed this honour, but as she is wanting a Bali wedding, and my own wedding was not a destination one... I have no idea where to start. Well, that's not entirely true... I thought I would start here!

So, any advice anyone has about how to get started, would be appreciated :D

bali

Re: Help Needed! Bali Wedding

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi

I have just been married in Bali and used Bali Mystical Weddings. This service is run by an Australian lady Jo, who lives in Bali. She was absolutely fantastic (and her prices were very reasonable). I had my dream wedding and can not thank her enough. She has a website if you want to have a look. I also used a wedding photographer Richard Watson (English man living in Bali). Got the photos the other day and wow.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions please feel free to Private Message me.

Miss*Nat

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:54 pm

I am also planning a destination wedding in Bali - hopefully this time next year. I want something fun, relaxed and relatively affordable, and loved the idea of having a wedding at a res0ort where everyone was staying, beachside, then having the reception there as well. Looking at prices online I was soo shocked at the markup and ridiculous prices being charged for most venues! It was more expensive than having it at home! I have been in touch with Jo from Bali Mystical Weddings, and she seems to be very reasonable. She has suggested a beach wedding with reception at a sseafood restaurant at Jimbaran Bay. I love the sound of it! Does anyone have any other suggestions for venues either for wedding or reception?

Chris@uber
Photographer
Photographer

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:28 pm

I shot a wedding in Bali this June.
The Venue was The Istana and everything was coordinated by Balistarz

We took some time the day after the wedding to go and do some photos on the beach.
Here are some slideshows from the wedding for some inspiration

Liya & Nick Bali 09
Day after shoot

BabyTurtle
Topic Author

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! My friend has now decided to NOT have a destination wedding. She now wants something more traditional :lol:: Much easier for me hehehehe. I hope this thread helps others wanting a Bali wedding and needing a starting point :mrgreen: ....

BrookeF

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:58 am

Hi

I have been in contact with an Australian company called Tropical Destination Weddings http://www.tropicaldestinationweddings.com.au/
and I was very impressed with their website, they will even be there on the day of your wedding to make sure everything runs smoothly on the day.

Chris@uber
Photographer
Photographer

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 pm

take a look at Villas Atas Ombak.
I have shot there before and its gorgeous.

bali

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi

I had my wedding at Villa Asante in Bali in October and it was amazing. It felt very dream like. Jo from Bali Mystical Weddings organised it all. I can not speak highly enough about the Villa. As it is a realitively new villa the prices are still reasonable.

watsonrodriguez

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi my friend had her wedding at Bali and it was really best wedding I had attend in my life. She had booked many villas near beach and planned wedding celebration for a week. After marriage we had reception at night at beach with bone fire. And throughout whole wedding celebration she had planned different themes one was the rose and everywhere roses and decoration with roses even all people wore pink and rosy dresses. You can try all this for your friends marriage and I must say that Bali is the most romantic place for marriage.

chinadoll

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I got married at the Khayangan Estate, and it was absolutely magical! http://www.thekhayangan.com/ The photos don't do the place justice!

We got our photos done by PhotoFactory http://www.photofactorybali.com/

You can check our our photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39307832@N ... 9597226758

Please feel free to message me if you want any advice!

permadi

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 pm

have you try with Tirta Uluwatu or Blue Point? It's also have exotic view and places.
for wedding photographer, try with local photographer that professionally handle your wedding ceremony. Because it can be more cheaper. Last time I have family that using this company : http://www.lombokwedding.com. their service for wedding and pre-wedding photography in bali and lombok island.
They are funny photographer, professional and really negotiable prices. When I meet them at wiwaha chapel at nikko hotel bali, they said their price start from USD$400 and the most expensive price only USD$2500.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35