A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Magnetic Island

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Good luck with it Kimberley. There's a few on here that I found really helpful with Magnetic Island/Townsville recommendations. Looking forward to seeing how your planning goes

Katherine85

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi Guys,
While I was looking through websites to get some ideas of photos to give to the photographer later on, I came across Roy Leigh's website with a whole bunch of wedding photos from over on the island. There are some really amazing photos there which have given me some good inspiration! You may have seen it already, but if not, it's definitely worth having a look through - http://zenphotography.carbonmade.com/ (centre photos are from Maggie).
Katherine :D

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 am

Katherine85 wrote:
Hi Guys,
While I was looking through websites to get some ideas of photos to give to the photographer later on, I came across Roy Leigh's website with a whole bunch of wedding photos from over on the island. There are some really amazing photos there which have given me some good inspiration! You may have seen it already, but if not, it's definitely worth having a look through - http://zenphotography.carbonmade.com/ (centre photos are from Maggie).
Katherine

Roy did our photo's at Maggie Island - he did an amazing job and is such a lovely, friendly, fun guy.

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm definitely going to be checking him out!!

Katherine85

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm

I definitely agree... Roy's photo's are just beautiful, he seems to know the island really well! I wish I had looked at his website before we booked our photographer, but I'm sure the person we're having will be great anyway :D

I've noticed on the Sunferries website that there is a Maggie Island Wedding Expo coming up on the 13th March - http://www.sunferries.com.au/calendar_e ... te=13-3-10. Should be good to get along to if you can, I definitely will be going so I get some info on the services over there.

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:30 pm

I'll have to look and see if I can get some cheap flights! I really really need to go so I can check everything out and starting sorting out vendors. Hopefully I can get there. Whereabouts on Maggie is it?

Katherine85

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi Bron,
It looks like the expo will be held at Peppers resort which is right next to the ferry terminal in Nelly bay! I think there will also be a tour of the island to look at different wedding locations.. which is what I'm after to find a ceremony spot! Hopefully you can get some cheap flights up here... but if not let me know and I can maybe email you some photos and info I get? :)
Katherine

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:11 pm

That would be fantastic! I'll keep trying and see how I go though! Good luck finding a ceremony spot, I think we've already decided to have our ceremony at Nelly Bay, opposite Pure Magnetic Villas (we'll hopefully be staying there the night before).
Thanks again for the offer!

MaggieIslander

Re: Magnetic Island expo

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi, the website says that Sunferries Magnetic island Wedding Expo has a prize draw for a wedding 'kick-start package' worth over $3000. I wonder what's in it and what conditions apply?

Any one know?

MaggieIslander

Magnetic Island Wedding Photographers

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Roy of Zen is good & he's a lovely man too. He did my friend Clair's Wedding on Maggie. But I really like MaryAnne Law's pics. She lives on the island and really knows the best places. Her pics are really...?...? fresh. Different sort of. have a look.

http://www.magneticislandphotography.com/

jen999

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 am

For those who are dealing with magneticislandweddings.com, do you usually get a quick response when emailing/enquiring?
I sent an email to 3 different email addresses (emma@... donna@... and info@...) which 2 of them bounced/failed (info and donna i believe) and also sent an enquiry from the site about a week ago and haven't heard a thing back. I sent another one this morning just in case it got lost along the line or something.
With anyones experience, is this normal for them?
I really hope not as we are so eager to elope there but we're waiting on dates approval etc.

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Jen,

I'm using Magnetic Island Weddings. Unfortunately sometimes it does take a little while to get a response from them. Other times though I'll get an email back from them before I've even had a second to close the email I've just sent! I guess it depends on what they've got on and whether they're in the office or not at the time. When I have gotten hold of them, so far, I've been very happy with them.
Have you got any response from them whatsoever? I'll have a look at work tomorrow and see what email address I use, I can pm it to you tomorrow if you like?

Bron

jen999

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks Bron, that would be great!

I did get a response late yesterday which made me feel a lot better, however, from my first enquiry we've changed the whole idea (from a few guests to eloping) so I had to resend the whole new idea to her (Fiona I think it was). I guess it's like anywhere, sometimes you're flat out, other times you have time for the little things. As long as I'm patient, I'm sure we'll get there in the end. I always want everything now - that's my problem.. :lol: I forget that just because I have time to email them doesn't mean theyve always got time to respond straight away.

On a positive note, it is VERY beautiful there and me and FH are so excited to be getting married there, just the 2 of us :D

EDIT: oh and just realised you are from Melbourne too!!! :D :D

Leah3810

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:42 am

wow so many melbourne'ites getting married on maggie island, crazy!!

we have booked Roy from zen photography for our wedding in June and met with him when we were up on the island in November, he was an awesome guy and really easy to get along with. We've also booked his son Nikias as the videographer so they should be a great team.

I have booked my hair trials with Katrina from Epicure Makeovers for 24th Feb but its only a tentative booking as i will be 39 weeks pregnant... will sit with my legs crossed until then!!

Decided on my favours last night, http://www.destinationweddingfavors.com ... stseller=Y i mlike the idea of wrapping some of my ribbon around the handle with a small thankyou note on them... as were having an outside ceremony & outside reception i thought these could come in handy...

Also we decided as were only having 25-30 people that we didnt need a DJ... we're just going to have some music playing in the background. Neither my FH or I are big dancers, much rather sit and chill to some relaxing music so much to my mothers disgust, there will not be a DJ hehe

I think thats all I can update on at the moment...

Hope everyones planning is going well :)
Leah

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

jen999 wrote:
For those who are dealing with magneticislandweddings.com, do you usually get a quick response when emailing/enquiring?
I sent an email to 3 different email addresses (emma@... donna@... and info@...) which 2 of them bounced/failed (info and donna i believe) and also sent an enquiry from the site about a week ago and haven't heard a thing back. I sent another one this morning just in case it got lost along the line or something.
With anyones experience, is this normal for them?
I really hope not as we are so eager to elope there but we're waiting on dates approval etc.

Hi jen999, I used Fiona from Magnetic Island Weddings her best contact is Fiona Dyson [fiona@bestofmagnetic.com]..... Good Luck :heart:

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Jen, I'm using Fiona too with the same email address that mrslittle used. I get so impatient when it takes them a little while to get back to me. I have to keep telling myself that while every single email that I send is such a high priority to me, it's not their whole life!! When are you looking at going up there?

Leah, I'm hoping to use Roy as well and, as you know hoping to use Katrina too!!!

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:02 pm

bronmelbourne wrote:
Jen, I'm using Fiona too with the same email address that mrslittle used. I get so impatient when it takes them a little while to get back to me. I have to keep telling myself that while every single email that I send is such a high priority to me, it's not their whole life!! When are you looking at going up there?

Leah, I'm hoping to use Roy as well and, as you know hoping to use Katrina too!!!

Katrina is great I used her too. :) :heart:

Leah3810

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:22 pm

I had my trial with Katrina from Epicure on Wednesday and it went great, i was really happy with what she did and cant wait to do it all again in June. Im also organising a session at her Salon before the wedding to get my hair cut, coloured, and eyebrows done...

It was also great to meet with someone who lives on the island because i got to ask her so many questions... I cant wait!!

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 am

Leah3810 wrote:
I had my trial with Katrina from Epicure on Wednesday and it went great, i was really happy with what she did and cant wait to do it all again in June. Im also organising a session at her Salon before the wedding to get my hair cut, coloured, and eyebrows done...

It was also great to meet with someone who lives on the island because i got to ask her so many questions... I cant wait!!

Leah, that's so great to hear! I was hoping there was a salon there i could go to before my wedding to pretty much do the same and it's even better that it's her's! Do you know how many people she has working in the salon? I might be able to get my family to go there the day of the wedding. Do you have any pics of your hair trial?
Did she give you any good tips or anything to avoid on the island?!

Leah3810

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 am

Im not sure how many people she has working at the salon, but im organising my mum my sister and myself all to go there. We've got about 5 people getting their hair & makeup done on the wedding day and she has another person going to the accommodation and doing some of them, while Katrina will come to my accommodation to do some of us too.

Ive got some pics which we took, im really happy that she could do exactly what i wanted. The hair is a little messy as its just a trial but you get the idea.

GZIP: On | Load: 0.19