A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dj_bali

Bali Wedding

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi guys!
My partner & I got engaged in December 2009, and we have been planning a holiday to Bali. We were thinking of incorporating a wedding into the holiday. The insane part... it's in March 2010!!! 8O
I have been emailing a company called Bali Exotic Wedding and am happy with the result. We are probably going to lock in the date today, so I thought it would be nice to hear from other people who have / or are planning a destination wedding.
I guess it's just a little daunting getting married overseas.

chinadoll

Re: Bali Wedding

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Congratulations! We got married in May last year, and a destination wedding was perfect for us! Combining your wedding with a massive holiday with friends and family works out really well, as you get to spend quality time with people, rather than just a day.

Good luck and keep us posted with how it all goes!

PaulsFiancee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi dj_bali, we're getting married in March in Nusa Dua :D

We have booked our wedding through Nusa Dua Hotel and Spa Resort, but i have booked a separate photographer and make up artist (just my preference i suppose).

The hardest part has been organising the paperwork, as we want a Catholic blessing - i think you can marry under one of five religions, as they are the only ones recognised in Bali. But everyone from the hotel to the photographer to the make up artist have been sooooo lovely and helpful :D

I hope everything goes smoothly for your wedding :heart:

watsonrodriguez

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Ah 2010 is going to be of weddings. And it's really nice to see that people are trying some beautiful and romantic ideas to make their most special day of life more sweet and lovely. Bali is the best place for both wedding and honeymoon. And I am telling this by my personal experience.

permadi

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:36 pm

you are so lucky because rent another photographer. as nusa 2 beach hotel photographer, is not to professional. event they only have 1 photographer only at the ceremony without have any proper equipment such camera, lens and lighting.
last week I came there for my family wedding from canada, the photographer not professional, but my brother lucky to contact company called lombok wedding as the photographer.
the food also at nusa dua beach hotel is not very good. just advise, if you want to have wedding catering with very good taste, try to use Ibu nurlela catering. cost can be more cheaper then hotel food, and the food quality more then hotel.
Check this page http://www.flickr.com/photos/lombokwedding
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21