A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jac75
Topic Author

ARRRR!!! Bali planning

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 am

Im having problems getting quotes etc for may 2011.
For a start u cant book flights etc this far out.
Had wedding planners and our hotel get back to us saying they cant get prices for May 2011 yet, and that they will get back to us
One wedding planner here in Aus with someone based in Bali has been working on prices for me since mid last week.

So frustrating as here you can book 2 years or more in front for everything
I just want to kick start the planning off and cant

Is anyone else having these problems.

Nae84

Re: ARRRR!!! Bali planning

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Jac75

Our big day is 21st October 2010 and I had the same problem when I started planning our Bali wedding around July last year.

However, I contacted Megan from Bali Weddings International and apart from not being able to book flights (which wasn't Megan's job anyway), I was able to get quotes pretty much straight away for hotel, ceremony, reception, food, drinks etc :D

jac75
Topic Author

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Ive had a reply back from Bali Weddings International
Ive actually stated exactly what we want in the package, but still no one can give me a straight answer, i keep getting villa wedding prices and packages back :e_wall:
It was easier to plan a big wedding for 100
Time I got serious with these guys

BaliBride2Be

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi - yeh, I had the same issues. I think I vented awhile back on this forum about the same thing.

I'm trying to relax and accept that this is just the way it works in relaxed countries. I want fireworks at the reception and I was told "we will discuss it at your pre wedding meeting" - which is 3 days before the wedding!!!

I think the main issues are getting a hotel organised (our hotel is now booked out-2 months prior to wedding), and knowing what you want. I think if you know exactly what you want - they'll get it for you in 24hrs.

I don't think the Balinese are well known for their schedules, lists and paperwork ;-)

Makes it hard for us with our planning though!!!

permadi

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:40 pm

My I know about your needed for your wedding?
Do you need private villa for the party or you want to have in other villa that more expensive like blue point, wiwaha chapel or etc?
firework can be done but not in villa area. because many villa afraid with their rooftop.
you can ask me and I will help to answer your questions ans I'm bali photographer and many client from australia have their wedding in bali without have any problem.

jac75
Topic Author

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks but Ive had some wonderful help from my bali wedding planner, and everything is sorted

dannib

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:48 pm

As soon as i could book my flights, i booked my wedding. Our wedding is August 20 this year, and i pretty much booked everything 12months out. Megan from Bali International Weddings is also doing our wedding and has been FANTASTIC!!!

Adnilem

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm having the same problem, we are getting married in May 2011 at a Bali resort that offers a few packages to choose from, so I thought that should be pretty straight forward and we wouldn't need a planner. It's now been 4 weeks since my initial enquiry and I'm not getting any responses that address ANY of my enquiries or even make sense! I'm trying to type in plain english and I really can't make it any simpler. :e_wall: So now considering using a planner, prefer an Aussie living in Bali. just wondering how much do they charge and is it worth it? I have seen a few girls have recommended Jo and Megan in a few forums so would be great if I could get their emails and any others that are good?
Thanks girls 8)

dannib

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

here is their website

http://www.baliweddingsinternational.com/

they are VERY reasonably priced. it is costing me around $3500 for reception, flowers, hair and make-up, cake and catered reception for 40 guests. Send them an email and you will hear back from them the next working day.

Megain is organising my wedding and has been FANTASTIC!

bali

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi

I used Jo from Bali Mystical Weddings (http://www.balimystical.com/contact/) in October last year and she was fantastic. She was very very quick to reply to all of my enquires and made sure the day ran so smoothly. She is also an Aussie who speaks indonesian, so there was no language barriers.

Adnilem

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:58 am

Thanks for that, I fired off a couple of enquiries and heard back from Liz, who works for (or with?) Megan, who was very helpful. But haven't heard back from Jo, I am wondering if I didn't submit the online enquiry form properly. The prices Liz sent me were much better value than the standard package offered by the resort :)

Thanks again girls, and best of luck with your planning.
Mel
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18