A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

cari55a
Topic Author

HELP! DIY bali wedding in 9 weeks time...not keen on planner

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 am

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married in Bali on the 4th of June, 2010...YES in just 9 weeks!!!.. we have booked our villa and the family is all set (we dont even have flights yet, but we'll get there)!!!

I was looking into planners, but decided I am a bigger control freak than i realized. I want to choose, the photographer, the caterer, the florist and even the baker! I am jus :D t not prepared to hand over the reigns...

This site has been great... only found it today and already have some great tips for photographers!

But... would love some more suggestions for things like florist, baker, catering and even a celebrant!!!

We want a very simple ceremony... and have decided on a ceremony only (going to get legally married in Vic at the registry office) so we just need SOMEONE English that can perform a ceremony for us!! Any suggestions would be wonderful....

So many questions really..... but i will stop myself there for now!

thanks in advance,

Carissa

cari55a
Topic Author

Re: HELP! DIY bali wedding in 9 weeks time...not keen on planner

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Wow! No replies.....

I thought SOMEONE might have offered some hep by now.... i'm getting desparate!

please girls.... some insight!

Cari55a

jac75

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 am

I did reply but for some reason it vanished, i prob hit the preview instead of submit.......silly me.

we are planning our bali wedding for may 2011.

Having a wedding planner you will not lose ur reins, Im about to book Jo from bali mystical weddings after a week or more of emailing with her, she has been an awesome help so far, and the only one out of all the planers I emailed that sent back a personal reply not just an automative one.
Ive emailed pics of our flowers cake etc, and she has come back with the prices etc, makes my life easier. And they make the booking on ur behalf, they will be there on the day to help make sure things run smoothly.

Wont hurt to just talk to one and see for yourself, they can give u all the direction u need to find florists celebrant etc.
How many days will u be in bali before the wedding, might be easier to organise it ova there. which is what Im going to be doing with my hair and makeup etc.
My minister etc is included in my planners cost, and i got to chose english speakin or etc, and we have decided to also have the balinese blessing ceremony , which is free, we are going to love the balinese part.
For photographer, try Photofactory and Glo they seem really good.

we are also going to get married here prior, so we are having a commitment ceremony ova in bali instead, maeks the paperwork a lot easier.
Im still learning s I go along, but if you need any more help let me know, these forums can be slow for us overseas brides

chin up and relax :D

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am

Hi there, have you tried the bali forum? We started planning a Bali wedding, but we had a change of plan...I did contact a wedding planner who seemed great, but I totally understand your need for control :lol:

Will have a quick search for that bali forum. Yep, here it is: http://www.balitravelforum.com/ there was quite a bit of info on there about weddings from memory or could have been this one http://www.baliforum.com/travel/ubbthreads.php also found this one http://www.balitouristforum.com/ and this one http://balipod.com/content/ I would be looking there

Good luck! Sounds absolutely fantastic. I think having just 9 weeks to plan will be great in some ways - so much less time to stress about things and you won't have time to agonise over decisions, that's for sure! All the best :)

permadi

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 pm

many villa available in bali. how many guest?
If guest more then 30, many villa will charge you for 3 night rent + 1 night rent for your wedding party.
Legal wedding can be done in bali, just prepare your completed paper. because you need to send to bali as soon as possible so it can be registered at the legal wedding office in denpasar.

dannib

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 pm

peronally, having been to Bali now 9 times, i would get a planner. They will outsource and hire who you want. Not being in Bali, it is hard to seperate the scammers from the legit people when it comes to weddings. Like a lot of places, there are many people ready to take your money and not come thru with the goods. If you go thru a planner they will ensure the people you are losing are legit. I have a wedding planner for my wedding in August, and everything that we are having is what we have chosen. If we were not happy with the options given to us, our planner outsourced other options.

Parker76

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi Carissa,

I am doing the exact same thing. We decided to go on a holiday to Bali and booked it. I decided why not get married at the same time - that was two weeks ago and we leave in 5 weeks!!!!!!! 8O We are going through Global Weddings and they have been great so far. They obviously had their preferred suppliers but are very open and listen to what I want and so far so good. If I can, I prefer to use someone who they recommend as I know I will be getting reliability and quality. I don't want the stress. Alternatively, do your research - check out websites and reviews! Reviews go far with me especially if the review has been done by a fellow Aussie. Good luck!!!!! :D

travelbugz

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Carissa,

I am planning my wedding in Bali next March and was recently there looking in to some options. We have already ordered our cake through Ixora Cakes, beautiful, delicious and well priced. Try this link http://www.ixoracakes.com/ we ordered mini cakes in a combination of mocha and vanilla but they have many flavours and both traditional and modern cakes.

We are currently using Bali Exclusive Wedding planners and they are quite helpful and not too expensive. Great because they have a wealth of knowledge of the area.

Which villa are you getting married at? We a using Villa Semarapura.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

cari55a
Topic Author

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

thanks so much for your advice..... plans slowly taking shape. Definitely going to use a planner... all the fees you pay with the banks to send deposits are just not worth it....

deciding between Bali exotic and global weddings at this point. everyone has been great.

Cant wait...

dianner1

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Sorry, I was too late to help ..
but for future Brides Sinly Anfeny of Bali Wedding Paradise..www.baliweddingparadise.com
is just wonderful!!!
My nephew is getting married in June 2011 and we all meet her (I am the Aunty who has a Wedding Lighting business Submersible lights, Fairy lights etc) http://www.weddingandeventlights.com.au so i was very keen to see what Bali has to offer and of course how the Wedding Planners work in Bali..
I was completely happy with Sinly, we visited my Hotel to hold pre talks before my nephew arrived in bali to confirm & book the location (a Villa)....she answered my email & text messages immediately and come to the meeting prepared with photos and loads of help...nothing was a problem so i highly recommend not only Sinly but Bali Weding Paradise.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25