A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

amandacb1002
Topic Author

Bali - Wedding Entertainment

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi,
First ever forum post so here goes...I am planning a wedding in Bali for April 2011. My partner and i are heading there in 5 weeks to meet with our caterer, villa manager, wedding planner etc and i think i have most things under control. The thing im struggling with is entertainmnent for the reception. Im thinking a band and am looking for one that plays fairly new music as most of our guests are in their 20s. I was hoping for some suggestions that i could check out while we are there in a few weeks or even some websites. Hoping you can help. Also does anyone know how good Iwan from Iwan Photography is? :)

Adnilem

Re: Bali - Wedding Entertainment

Sat May 01, 2010 12:52 am

Hello and welcome :D

It sounds like we're both at the same stage in planning. We're having ours, late May 2011, and heading over there in July to meet the venue etc.

As for entertainment, after a bit of research I have just decided to just hire a sound system, and I'll bring my own playlist on iPod, MP3 and CDs, just in case something isn't compatible. I have 13 months to put a playlist together, when I hear songs we love I'll just add them as I go. The sound system will be sourced by my venue's function manager, I didn't have much luck finding one myself. Agreed on US$200 (started off as 500!) not sure what to expect, but we're only having around 20 people.

For the photographer, not familiar with Iwan but if you haven't already, google him and check out his galleries. And make sure you haggle, I got a bonus hour for free but I really could have tried harder to get a discount for booking early.

Not sure I'm much help :| but also interested to hear what others have to suggest about entertainment.

Good luck with it all :)

permadi

Sun May 02, 2010 4:10 pm

I have family that married in bali. for photographer using this company [url]lombokwedding.com[/url].
really professional photographer and using really high end camera and expensive lens, so image that they result so great full.
For sound system, you can use bali irama sound, catering using IBU NURLELA catering. in bali must be careful to find catering, because sometimes the food is not fresh. My friend so lucky with the catering.
If you need my help, just send me message, I will try to answer your questions as quick as possible.

Yande

Mon May 03, 2010 12:37 am

Before you decide to hire Bali wedding photographer, perhaps you can find on google and get few article in how to choose your wedding photographer in Bali http://baliweddingpicture.com/question-wedding-photographers/. Hope fully it can help you in finding the right wedding photographer according to your taste.

Anna-1001

Tue May 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Iwan Photography, he is great:D

He keep updating his recent job on his facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kuta-Indo ... 1117467980

balishukawedding

Sun May 16, 2010 1:06 am

Bali is rich with culture and art , so it suppose not difficult to have an entertainment for your wedding there many choices you may have much depend what you want , start from traditional up to the international we have for Balinese Traditional dances called legong dance in can be consist of three dance : welcome dance ,warrior dance , social dance or Balinese call it Joged .during social dance the guest will be invited to dance together it is a fun.for international dance can be chinese dance ,indian dance ,salsa,tango,can can .Can also cabaret show, sexy dance .If you prefer some thing like band you may have live band with choice of Top 40`s ,Jazz or just simply Keyboard and singer, acoustic band , or only DJ .

permadi

Sun May 16, 2010 11:19 pm

don't forget to check at your WO about the charge too :).
as some wedding places in bali will charge you with fees... unless you using their service. Just for advise only.

Chris@uber
Photographer
Photographer

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I have photographed a few weddings in Bali and it's great if you can incorporate some traditional elements as well. This makes it feel less like a resort wedding.
Here is a link to a pre wedding party I photographed that included traditional Balinese dancing.
http://uberphotography.net.au/blog/index.php/post/22/Heike_+_Gabi_-_White_Party

nata_mcd

Re: Bali wedding

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I can recommend a wonderfull wedding oganizer in Bali, his name is Ketut, mail murtaketut@yahoo.com
He assist and help us with organizing the wedding in Bali in 2009, as soon as we had not so high budget, his prices was more than low, and service very high.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46