A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bali_bride1
Almost there
Almost there

Re: Bali Villa Wedding.. I need your advice!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm

bali_bride1 wrote:
baxta wrote:
Can I ask which company you are using? :lol:

I have cakes on the brain today. Probably because I was just emailing them so I thought you were asking about the cake? Ha.

Anyway for hair and makeup we're using Bali Edge

permadi

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:43 am

hair do and make up... try use ACUN.

chezong
Almost there
Almost there

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Wow i just got ditched by a wedding planner...even before meeting him. I mentioned to Stacey from Exclusive Weddings that I'll be meeting 2 planners during my visit to Bali in order to choose the one I'm most comfortable with. He insisted that I didn't need to meet anyone else and that his relationships are the best for servicing his clients. But isn't that for me to decide?! In the end - I suspect that he didn't want my business enough. His email communications were pretty bad as well. I had to repeat my questions 4-5 times and he still wouldnt answer - esp when I was asking how much a food tasting cost, he kept suggesting the same villa Istana despite the fact that it was already booked out in May next year. He definitely has his own agenda. I don't recommend him at all. Be careful.

On a happier note... 4 more days til my Bali visit. Fingers crossed....everything will go smoothly.

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Holly s**t thats terrible!! I too am planning bali wedding and I am finding the same, the email communication is quite slow and although I have a while to wait I want to send my save the dates out in a few months to prepare people. They also try and suggest places they like. I have so far decided on the Bali Hyatt so I thought going direct to them it might be easier. The last email I got was Friday midday and nothing since, maybe I am paranoid! Ihope your trip goes well looking forward to hearing the feedback and hope you dont havet oo much drama :D

Iwan Photography

Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi .... I am the photographer that you mentioned... Iwan .. :D

I found this forum since I followed the source who came to my website :D

Thank you if you interested with my works .... for recent works you may check the updates on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kuta-Indonesia/Iwan-Photography-Bali/131117467980

@petesbride2b: I can help you with all your inquiries about cake, villas or everything. I'll introduce you to someone who really you can rely on..... just do the inquiry directly to my personal email: hpiwan@gmail.com

And thank you for someone in this thread who introduced any other photographers ^^

PS: I don't know how many percents of brides that still keep coming to this forum after their marriage .... or is it just a marketing issue 8O

brigittelee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 am

hello everyone :D 0
engaged only 4 weeks we have our hearts set on Bali for the big day! having only visited Bali once, we intend to go again (mid 2011) and get things started (thinking wedding May 2012 ? ). this forum has been the most helpful so far! especially names and recommendations, keep them coming!
Picturing a villa garden wedding but savings have only just begun... am expecting approx $15k alltogether? not sure how much will be upfront and how much closer to the day. omg soooo much to think about....

any specific recommendations for Bali villas that would accomodate party from 30-50ppl?

by the way Iwan photography looks amazing! good work!

petesbride2be
Topic Author

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Wow this topic has really taken off, thanks everyone for the tips and advice! I have been very slack in checking back here as I decided to leave wedding things alone for a little while.. was getting overwhelming!

Anyway where we are at now.. Villa wedding no longer an option. It was just getting to expensive for us. By the time you pay the event hire fees, wedding planner, decorations etc it gets just as expensive as a wedding here SO we have looked at resort weddings instead. I think we have found the very place with a reasonable package - Blue Point Resort and Villas!

http://www.bluepointbayvillas.com/en/wedding.html

The clifftop location is perfect, view is gorgeous and chapel is devine. Just perfect for what we wanted. The package is also wonderful and im dealing with Kadek the resorts wedding planner directly and OMG he responds to my emails within a couple of hours, answers all of my questions.. cant speak highly enough of him so far. My only issue is that I asked not to use the photographer included in the package as I do like Iwans work.. the resort will only deduct $150 from the package price which really isnt very much in the grand scheme of things so I have to decide if i want to spend the extra money on my own photographer or use the one they refer... hmm!

I love the tips on hair and makeup and off to check out those sites now. The resort can organise a cake for us - 2 tier for $200 and the pics look great so im pretty happy with that! My flowers, decorations, flower girls, photographer (gah!) and everything else is included in the package so this all just got alot easier! They send my photo is and I pic which one I like.. too simple!

Im glade there are a few of us getting married in bali :) Helps alot!

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:05 pm

I got a quote from Ixora cakes and I think that she was really cheap! $115 for this

I firgure the cup cakes are good for the kids and being a selection of desserts I dont think that many people would eat it lol
I have started a show and tell on my resort wedding which has some pictures of ceremony/reception set ups, Id love to see yours too!
Keep stalking this site you find some amazing things! I also found a hair and make up lady who has a web site and facebook page and her prices are $120 to do the brides hair and make up and her trials are like $65 dollars! Bargain I say :D

Yande

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 am

Perhaps you can see the porfolio of the wedding photography in Bali on this link for your refrence. http://baliweddingpicture.com/bali-wedd ... y-gallery/

brigittelee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Was just looking at the Sukhavati Villa as well, very pretty, http://www.sukhavatibali.com/
just gotta get my draft guest list under control, they can provide for up to 60 people. no mention of restrictions though
any thoughts?

chezong
Almost there
Almost there

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Back fr Bali trip. First tip - give yourself plenty of time to inspect/view the villas/venues. We were pretty rushed and as a result - it was a little stressful. The hardest part was getting into the villas - you can't inspect if they have existing bookings/guests staying so its pretty much all LUCK. The other thing I didn't expect was for the villas to be so booked out already. Bali is so popular now for weddings - gotta get in EARLY for the good ones! (like maybe 6-8mths in advance to be safe).

Second thing I've learnt is this Bali villa wedding of mine is gonna cost me more than I thought. Am willing to increase my budget in order to get the few things that I really want for the wedding - that is... a clifftop villa with a fab view (the rest may be cheaper), a really good caterer (Bali Catering Company is really so good - we did the food tasting with them and was sold completely), and a really good, edgy, professional wedding planner (we're using Chic Events - aussie lady too who's fees are not cheap but definitely very professional and has good taste).

Oh yeah - did a free cake tasting with Ixora too. Their cakes were light and really nice. Esp the lemon sponge. I've no doubt they can do a good job...but I'm just still deciding if I want to spend USD200 on my cake or just go with something cheaper since its not high on the priority list.

Last thing about Bali is that it's raining an awful lot more than it ever used to. The humidity is HORRID ...I definitely have to try find a light weight dress for the big day. Am also now considering if I need a marquee even thou my ideal was to have the dinner reception out in the open air garden to enjoy the cool ocean breeze.

Key thing now...is to just relax and enjoy the rest of the planning. Hope the rest of ya out there are also enjoying the research and stuff for Bali.

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Chezong thanks soooo much for the info! We are going to visit in Feb to inspect everything too was a last minute decision but we want to be sure. What sort of food did you sample at the catering company and where are they located? AM planning to taste test at Ixora cakes also worth it you think?

April14

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi, I'm also planning a villa wedding in Bali! Our favourites are Simona Oasis & Spa (http://www.simona-oasis.com/index.html) and the Umah de Beji (http://www.umahdibeji.com/bali-villas-c ... ah-di-beji) for the moment. LOVE them both. Has anyone seen either of them? We're also hoping for a budget of $15000 with about 25-30 guests, but that includes EVERYTHING - flights, accommodation, venue, catering, blah blah blah. Not sure how we'll go. I don't think we're going to get a chance to go to Bali beforehand unfortunately :( so just have to pray that everything looks as good as the pictures! We're looking at some time around 16th September 2012 - I know, still a long way away yet!

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:45 am

Our Planner gave us a list of Villas and we cut it down to 3 villas for inspection. And this was the first one we saw and fell in looooooooooooove.
I agree, Villa weddings are much more pricier than I expected them to be...but they will still be about 10 grand cheaper compared to back home! If you need any more help... just ask.. pretty much all sorted now :D
Last edited by missEbali on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 am

chezong..Which villa did you decide on?

jasonandrebecca

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:19 am

when I was in bali. my wedding photographer from [url]lombokwedding.com[/url].... give me best information about very villa.
the villa name is Villa Oasis. is in Jimbaran area. Very close from kuta, nusa dua and airport. It have 5 bedroom, large garden, swimming pool and jacuzzi,
Even we only need 2 room, but we rent all villa area.
guest how much it cost? :) 350$/night for 5 bedroom villa
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15