A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mkwal3
Topic Author

bali wedding - location help needed

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:47 am

So we are planning to get married in Bali late next year. We have short listed 2 resorts in Sanur to stay at (Puri Satrian and Griya Santrian). We are now trying to organise the actual ceremony and reception.

We would like the reception to be on the beach but we are a bit worried about privacy. I have been told that the southern beaches are much quieter and that I could get a wedding planner to organise a spot rather than "hire" the resorts beach front - hoping that this will be more private and keep costs down.

We would also like our reception dinner to be on the beach - similar to the ceremony, we are wondering if we can do it outside of a resort (or restaurant)?? Would this keep costs down? Is it possible to have a private function on the beach without being through a resort?? Or would this be more difficult than it's worth??

(after spending a few days in the Sanur region we are all going up north (Amertha Villas) for a few more nights where it is a little more secluded - then my fiance and i wll spend an extra night or two in Ubud alone)

Has anyone done anything simialar (and can give me some contacts) or have any general suggestions??

Thanks,
Meaghan

permadi

Re: bali wedding - location help needed

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 am

griya satrian is nice, but if you have wedding on their beach... I think many people will watching you. as it's public area. But if you can ask the hotel, I think they will able to secure the area for your wedding. I have seen many wedding at griya satrian as my aunt work there.
Or you can check at internet with keyword lombok wedding or lombok wedding flickr. I have seen they take many photo shoot for beach wedding in bali or in lombok island. and they always put venue locations on the pictures descriptions. so you can more easy to choose your wedding venue.
I hope this will help

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 pm

I am currently planning my wedding at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur. I am organising it direct through the resort and its one of the only ones that I have found that do a beach ceremony. as most the beach is public property. I am hoping that they close the part off I am having as the ceremony itself is on the beach. I have just posted some pics in my show and tell if you want to have a look. YAY someone else planning a Bali wedding :mrgreen:
when is your date?

brigittelee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:49 am

hiya...
am also planning a Bali wedding... :D .... (much to my mother's disgust, but she'll hav a good 18 months to come around ;) )
just been researching the Bali Gita? i believe in/near Ubud? the photos look amazing, ceremony overlooking beautiful greenery and villa accomodates 10ppl plus kids, which would be IDEAL for the bridal party.... not sure about the website though :/ is a little unprofessional....
also been looking at The Istana (drool!!!) does appear in the more pricey category though....
any thoughts?

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 pm

yay this can be our little area haha
ooh that second name you just mentioned I think was one my travel agent recommended its meant to be lovelly
lucky you I thought we could get away with a nice small wedding being over there but everyone wants to come and my Fh has a large family fml!! 8O

Miss*Nat

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

brigittelee wrote:
hiya...
am also planning a Bali wedding... :D .... (much to my mother's disgust, but she'll hav a good 18 months to come around ;) )
just been researching the Bali Gita? i believe in/near Ubud? the photos look amazing, ceremony overlooking beautiful greenery and villa accomodates 10ppl plus kids, which would be IDEAL for the bridal party.... not sure about the website though :/ is a little unprofessional....
also been looking at The Istana (drool!!!) does appear in the more pricey category though....
any thoughts?

Hi Brigittelee
I am getting married at Villa Bali Gita in three weeks (wow!). Yolande has been amazing - quick to answer emails and really experienced in the whole wedding planning bizzo and really honest and upfront about all costs. Don't let the website deter you. I did so much shopping around before hand and was quite amazed at the prices some places were asking (more than here in Oz) but what is on offer at Villa Bali Gita is way more attractive. No corkage (they offer to buy all the booze from the ssupermarket for you too), if the wedding is under about 45 guests you don't have to hire extra plates/glasses etc, and a lot of involvement from the local villagers. If you have any questions, feel free to message me :D

Miss*Nat

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

brigittelee wrote:
hiya...
any thoughts?

Hi Brigittelee
I am getting married at Villa Bali Gita in three weeks (wow!). Yolande has been amazing - quick to answer emails and really experienced in the whole wedding planning bizzo and really honest and upfront about all costs. Don't let the website deter you. I did so much shopping around before hand and was quite amazed at the prices some places were asking (more than here in Oz) but what is on offer at Villa Bali Gita is way more attractive. No corkage (they offer to buy all the booze from the ssupermarket for you too), if the wedding is under about 45 guests you don't have to hire extra plates/glasses etc, and a lot of involvement from the local villagers. If you have any questions, feel free to message me :D

Yande

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am

Hi, I'm a wedding photographer in Bali, i have taken wedding photography in Griya Santrian Sanur Bali, the style of the wedding is outdoor wedding with balinese traditional wedding style. Griya Santrian, they have their own beach, but it's not private beach.

One of my client that do wedding at Griya Santrian is Maciej and Marta, regarding how is the wedding at Griya Santrian, you can ask Maciej. you can ask me the their email address with me by sending an email to me info@baliweddingpicture.com.

Hopefully can help
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36