back of chapel.jpg

And the view from the chapel

view from chapel deck.jpg

Lisa250211
Almost there
Almost there

Re: Outrigger Wedding 2012

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Here's a couple of the terrace area set up for the reception.

terrace.jpg

terrace dance floor.jpg

And the cake which is included in the dream wedding package.

cake.jpg

Lisa250211
Almost there
Almost there

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm

...and just a couple of others we took around the resort.

The first is one of the bridges over the pool area.

pool area.jpg

The second one was taken in front of the beach front bures, overlooking the beach.

bure lawn overlook beach.jpg

marianne3
Topic Author

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Congratulations Lisa, it looks like a fantastic day and you look beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :D

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:45 am

I have the deluxe room included. Wow i was thinking of the milk bath glad to hear it was beautiful will definetely book it in. We booked the DJ purely i didnt want the hassle of a million of my guests playing with the IPOD which with most of my guests was a definete to happen! lol. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Im getting married on a tuesday and i have to do my papers with Moreen on the Monday. What papers did they give you back to say you were married so you can change your name here>

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 am

Such beautiful pictures thanks so much for sharing them with us :)

CMK
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 am

sharmy wrote:
CMK - did you get married on the beach or in the chapel? Where did you have your honeymoon. I have my cousin how is a hairdresser and my friend who is a hair dresser doing my hair and makeup and the package we had included alcohol for 3 hours and we will add to that on the night if we need more time. Apparently it was wine, beer and soft drink. Did you have to do seating plan and table arrangements. Sue at Essence told me i wouldnt?? Looks above that we do.. what about vows did you use what the outrigger had ladies or your own?

We got married in the chapel, which i am really happy about as it was perfect. Plus it was quite windy during the day, but the wind died down by the afternoon in time for our outdoor reception on the lawn overlooking the ocean.

We didn't have a seating plan at all. We kept it fairly casual. Everyone could just sit wherever they wanted. They still managed to sit themselves in the family and friend grouping. We weren't fussed with any of that. It was pretty much only for the meal anyway, because everyone was up dancing and mingling for the rest of the night. We ended up putting a tab on the bar instead of the drinks package, as it turned out that local spirits were cheaper than a glass of wine, so we figured that people could drink what they wanted then.

We got the vows emailed through prior and had a look at them, and ended up using them as they were. They were just the standard wording, and were lovely enough for us.

Oh, also for our guests between the ceremony and reception, we didn't know they were going to, and didn't ask them, but they actually opened up the cocktail lounge down in the resort early for all our guests (in which kids are welcome). We actually joined them in there for a cocktail after our photos had finished up and before they all went over to the reception. But even if they don't you will find that people will just head back to the resort and probably go to the pool side bar for a drink or something, so I wouldn't worry about finding a way to keep them entertained.

marianne3
Topic Author

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks, CMK. I loved your wedding pics. They were one of the reasons I decided on the Outrigger! What time was your ceremony and reception and what month was it. Did you do the Dream Wedding package and how much extra do you think I should budget for extras such as upgrading to the BBQ buffet, extra drinks, photographer, hair/makeup etc, cake decoration? Did you have wedding favours?

marianne3
Topic Author

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:47 pm

PS. Could you write your own vows if you wanted to? I am happy to have traditional vows but would also like to say personal ones as well.

CMK
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

marianne3 wrote:
Thanks, CMK. I loved your wedding pics. They were one of the reasons I decided on the Outrigger! What time was your ceremony and reception and what month was it. Did you do the Dream Wedding package and how much extra do you think I should budget for extras such as upgrading to the BBQ buffet, extra drinks, photographer, hair/makeup etc, cake decoration? Did you have wedding favours?

Thank you! I'm glad it helped you decide on the Outrigger!
Our ceremony I'm pretty sure was at 3pm. (I am shocking at remembering details!), and our reception started at 6.30pm. It gave us plenty of time for photos, to freshen up, and then we went to the cocktail lounge and mingled with our guests before the reception. It was all very relaxed (which you can't help but be in Fiji!) And we got married in July.

The Dream Wedding package wasn't actually an option when we were there. We got another package which I don't think they do any more. The coordinator should be able to send you a price list of all the possible extras so you know what you will be up for $ wise. We got ours a bit closer to the time I think, but there's no reason they can't send you out one now. It gives you all the prices for any extras you may be thinking about.

We did have wedding favours, and I am absolutley thrilled with what we ended up with. What we did was organise it with the coordinator and Jacks Handicrafts, the shop within the resort, before we went, and we ended up with everyone getting a smallish individual Tanoa (kava) bowl, with our names and date engraved in the wood. We took over some lollies with us, and the staff were nice enough to get the bowls full of lollies set up on the tables for us when they set up the reception. I don't have a photo on this computer unfortunatley or I would show you. I will have a look later on my laptop and see if I can put one on.

When we got the vows sent through they did say that we could discuss any changes we wanted with the celebrant when we went to do the paperwork side of things. So you do thave the option yes. He also went through the ceremony with DH before everyone else got there on the day just to confirm names and pronunciations and how it was to run through etc.

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks for all you posts and pics CMK it looks stunning - (I'm hoping to get married there in July next year but just waiting to get confirmation of the date I want) - you've pretty much confirmed that I've made the right decision! :D

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Im glad i picked Outrigger too :)

Lauzfiji

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:42 am

Hi All

Has anyone used the band at the Outrigger for there reception?

amymelody
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:51 am

Lauzfiji wrote:
Hi All

Has anyone used the band at the Outrigger for there reception?

No, but am considering it, so would love to hear feedback! :D

molly9

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Bula everyone!

I am a fellow Outrigger bride to be getting married on 12th March 2012. Thought it was about time I introduced myself. I have been reading all your posts and have found so many of them helpful :D

I have noticed a few questions re DJ vs band vs iPod. This is currently one of our considerations. I really like the idea of the band playing in the last couple of hours! I can't remember which bride on here had that. Also, we are discussing ceremony/reception venues. I think we are sold on having the ceremony in the gorgeous chapel but not sure on our reception........we love the idea of the garden reception but not sure as the weather could be a little on the rainy side.

Well, wishing you all luck with your plans! I will keep you all updated with mine 8)

Beck

summer_love

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:59 pm

So glad to have come across this thread!!
We are looking at having a May 2013 Outrigger wedding (yes I know a long way away lol)

I am leaning towards a DJ for the night, purely because I know my guests will play around with an ipod as someone has mentioned earlier lol

We would like a 4pm beach ceremony followed by a 6.30pm garden reception... Glad I saw the reply about the spirits, I have contacted Sue and will ask for a quote without the beverage package and maybe a tab instead next time we are in contact

How are your plans going Molly9?

Just re flowers, does anyone know which ones are in season and when etc? I'm not a fan of frangipanis and would prefer orchids if possible
Last edited by summer_love on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

helen9
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:39 am

Beck - I shall see you there - mine is the day after yours :D

Summer_love: Ask Sue re the flowers. She will send you the floral arrangement styles too. They do have orchids but I can't remember which type, they weren't Singapore ones which I liked so I'm going with silk flowers instead.
Did you get a response about the quote without beverages?

CMK
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 pm

molly9 wrote:
Bula everyone!

I am a fellow Outrigger bride to be getting married on 12th March 2012. Thought it was about time I introduced myself. I have been reading all your posts and have found so many of them helpful :D

I have noticed a few questions re DJ vs band vs iPod. This is currently one of our considerations. I really like the idea of the band playing in the last couple of hours! I can't remember which bride on here had that. Also, we are discussing ceremony/reception venues. I think we are sold on having the ceremony in the gorgeous chapel but not sure on our reception........we love the idea of the garden reception but not sure as the weather could be a little on the rainy side.

Well, wishing you all luck with your plans! I will keep you all updated with mine 8)

Beck

Don't stress about the weather at all when planning the reception venue. If you want a garden reception, then go with the garden reception, and if the weather is bad on the day, then the staff will use the undercover are as the back up venue. We had the lagoon lawn area for our reception, but it was really windy during the day so the coordinator wasn't sure if we could have the reception there in the evening, so they let me know if we couldn't then it would all be set up at the alternate site. They kept me updated and it was absolutely no stress for me at all. Luckily the wind died down, so we could have it on the lawns like we wanted.

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:07 pm

We got married at 4 it was done by 4.30 and drinks up near chapel and off for photos in time for sunset awesome feel free to look at the pics on here. With Sue at Essence we actually went to Outrigger in a beautiful limo and the rest of our guests on the mini bus it was all great. I would love to be back at Outrigger in a heartbeat and wouldnt change a thing. I recommend the Level 6 for it has the most privacy for your reception and as far as entertainment goes. I booked the DJ (who by his song list provided had not much at all we wanted) and ended up using an IPOD and the speakers and it was great. There is enough going on that you want to be able to eat and enjoy a drink and relax for 10 minutes.

Lauzfiji

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi all Outrigger Brides i was just wondering what time you are all having or had your reception start. I know the cut off is 10pm and was wondering if i have a 6pm reception is this going to be enough time. I just dont want everyone to be starting to relax and having a great time and then its all over.

Any recommendations would be great

Thanks
GZIP: On | Load: 0.68