A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

tillylove
Topic Author

Has anyone married in Thailand?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I am looking for some insporation for our Thailand wedding and was hoping to find a S&T on here but so far haven't had any luck.

Has nayone here married in Thailand and have any advice/photos etc?

Thanks

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Re: Has anyone married in Thailand?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 pm

We've recently made a inspiration thread for destination weddings here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=126446 There are some pics from Thailand in there.. hope it helps a bit :D

What location are you thinking about?

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 am

I was a bridesmaid for a wedding in Thailand in 2008 and it was magical. On Phi Phi island...the bride was on this forum so I will look for her stuff and find the link...

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:49 pm

I can't find her link but here are a couple of pics. She got married at the Phi Phi Island Villiage Resort and Spa....

Phi1.jpg

phi2.jpg

Phi3.jpg

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Just a couple more....

Phi4.jpg

Phi5.jpg

It was magical/beautiful/romantic all in one place...heaven on earth

MinM

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Im getting married on Koh Samui 10th September 2011. We have chosen Koh Samui over Phuket because my brother got married there 2 years so wanted to go somewhere different. I do think however that Phuket is much easier & cheaper to get to for your guests as they can fly straight into Phuket airport where with Koh Samui you have to fly to Bangkok (or Singapore, Malaysia etc) and then get another flight to Samui. My brother got married at the Merling beach resort which was very nice.

Originally I was looking into a villa wedding but soon realised that the costs with doing that would go way beyond my budget. Some of the villas are absolutely beautiful!! So we have gone with a resort wedding and will be getting married at the Melati resort & spa. We will have ceremony and reception there but all of my guests will be staying at the Amari Palm reef resort in Chaweng(the Melati is a 5 star is very expensive to stay) most of my guests havent been to Samui so we thought that they would want to stay in the action of Chaweng.

I have booked my own DJ & photographer instead of going through the resort as you cant be sure what you are going to get! We are now down to the finer details like menu, seating arrangements, vowles, flowers etc.

If you would like any more info Im more than happy to help!

Its only 3 months away now and getting very excited!!!
:D

ella28

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Some photos you can find from following FB link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Cat ... 1610430642

helga106

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:06 am

Hi girls, I am another bride planning a Thailand wedding!

We are only looking into everything now, we had always agreed on a destination wedding, but didn't know if Fiji or something would be easier. After visiting Thailand in August we feel in love with it, so now we just need to decide if we are going to go with Phuket or Koh Samui.

I have been also looking at the private villa's, they are amazing - but I can see how the costs would blow out. I think I will make a plan A, B & C and see what is the most reasonable priced but still elegant and nice. I am having a great time reading and looking at the pic's you girls have posted. It's really helpful to find others who are planning a destination - it can be very daunting.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49