A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui
Topic Author

Day after the wedding

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if anyone is having a get together of any type for guests the day AFTER the wedding, or is the wedding the end of your celebrations? Since everyone has travelled to Maui for my wedding, I am thinking it will be nice to get together for a dinner and drinks (casual/low key) before everyone starts leaving and doing their own thing (we leave for our honeymoon 2 days after the wedding). The day after the wedding I would liketo spend alone with my new husband :heart: but think I would be willing to share some of him by dinner time :D

Does anyone else have any plans for this type of thing or are you just going to see what happens?

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Day after the wedding

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:04 pm

we are having breakfast with everyone the next morning at 10am!! Bit of brunch to say thank you and then we are off on our honeymoon that afternoon :D

Kirsty7

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 pm

I think this is a nice idea. Especially if your having a destination wedding.
All our our guests are staying on site at the reception so I was planning on booking a big table a the pub for lunch for everyone to catch up before they all go on there seperate ways!
Possibly a breakfast catchup... but Im not sure we will make it that early!

danatello

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm

We will possibly have a brunch - with mojitos! - with whoever manages to come to Cocos with us - will have to decide what to do when I get RSVPs!

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:19 am

think it's a great idea - we had a bbq at our place for everyone . (though mum put one on at the motel most of the guests were staying at, so most of them didn't come to ours :roll: )

stefania
Baby Mama ♥
Baby Mama ♥

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:50 am

In a hotel I worked at we used to have a lot of people have a bbq brunch for all their guests around 11am on the morning after - it was always a hit :)

Even though we are not having a destination wedding, we are thinking of having a brunch the following day for any interstate/out of towners that are interested in coming :)

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:26 pm

I travelled to a wedding and there was a breakfast the next morning which was very nice

helen9
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 pm

I like the idea of having brunch the day after but I'm a bit concerned it's a bit overkill and guests may want time on their own. I'm considering having a welcome cocktail hour the night before the wedding, that's why.

Do you think it's too much? I know they don't have to come if they don't want to. :roll:

abax83

Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:38 pm

We had breakfast with my DH family at the hotel where we stayed. We also had dinner with them also, it was a bit crazy but they live so far away from us and we don't get to see them that often so it was nice just to have lots of time togeather :D

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui
Topic Author

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:31 pm

OO I l ove the idea of cocktail hour the night before the wedding...it gets everyone together and people can meet each other (those that havent met before) before the wedding.... maybe I like this idea better!

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:35 pm

We had the night before the wedding drinks and men headed one way woman the other like a mini hens night and then the day after the wedding we went had the morning together, breakfgast and then massages and romantic milk spa champayne choccies and then after lunch caught up with everyone by the pool for a few drinks and then all together that night until we wanted to go to bed

Ayla01
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 pm

We've organised that he and i wil be having breakfast and the morning with just him and i. We're playing it by ear as to the rest of the day. Thinking maybe a BBQ dinner somewhere but not sure where yet...

fijibride2010

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:08 pm

As we were on a small island in Fiji which only had one restaurant we ended up having dinner as a big group three nights running!! breakfast and lunch were generally pretty casual and some nights we'd break up into smaller groups for dinner however on night before wedding we ended up having dinner as a large group and then the resort organised a large table for our last night (the night after our wedding) which was nice as we got to spend one last night of fun and entertainment together before we were due to leave the following afternoon for our honeymoon. if having a destination wedding its a great way to all catch up in a more casual sense than the wedding night and means you get to all talk about the wedding, honeymoon etc. it was kind of like a nice send off party which was lovely

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 pm

For my soon-to-be BIL's wedding in NZ they had a lunch the next day, where they actually opened their gifts in front of everyone. It was really quite a nice touch, given many of us had travelled to be there.

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 pm

We had a late lunch at my mum's house for family and a few select friends who had travelled a long way and were staying in town. We did the gift opening there.

We also had drinks at the IL's after the rehearsal which was the night before the wedding (no other suitable time).

jzafeem86
Mrs Vella
Mrs Vella

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:09 pm

So then i have a question for you ladies,

KateM

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:36 pm

yes?

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:49 pm

We are having a barefoot bowls the afternoon before the wedding for everyone then a brunch the morning after the wedding. All of our guests are travelling to come and celebrate with us. The two events together are about an extra $1000 on top of our other expenses, but worth it I think.

jzafeem86
Mrs Vella
Mrs Vella

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:28 pm

jzafeem86 wrote:
So then i have a question for you ladies,

Opps sorry!

My question is if you host an after wedding lunch/ breakfast who would then pay for this?

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 pm

I have only been to one post wedding brunch, that was paid for by the bride and groom.
For our two events we are paying for everyone to play bowls, and supplying finger food and have let them know that drinks are at bar prices, then for the brunch we are covering the cost as well.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14