A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Re: Day after the wedding

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 am

Ours was hosted by my parents at their house, so they paid.

I wouldn't have had a brunch at a venue - I wanted it to be more casual than that, and we wanted to open gifts there as well. Can't do that at a cafe!

I wouldn't like to have guests pay for themselves at a cafe - it would feel like an obligation...

helga106

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 am

We plan to have a few organised events while away at our destination wedding. The day after the wedding we are hosting a buffet brunch for our guests. It's the east we can do seeing they have come all this way, so we will pay for it.

Before the wedding we are planning to have a "hen's & bucks" night out of the town. Nothing to expensive or anything, but more just a fun night out. I'm a bit selfish as I am having 2 hen's nights!! :lol: One in Australia with all of my friends who can't make it and then a fun one in Thailand with those who came.

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks for your reply ladies :D

So we have decided on a cocktial hour (ok hopefully it will be more than an hour, and will last the whole night - I know my firends are up for it!) the night before the wedding at the resort that we and most guests are staying at(we are just billing it as a cocktail "hour" because everyone else is also on holidays so we dont want to monopolise their time - if they want to do other things, feel free).

Reading the comments about breaking it up into a mini hens/bucks sounds fun too!

Fiji_2012
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 am

Hawaiian Wedding wrote:
Thanks for your reply ladies :D

So we have decided on a cocktial hour (ok hopefully it will be more than an hour, and will last the whole night - I know my firends are up for it!) the night before the wedding at the resort that we and most guests are staying at(we are just billing it as a cocktail "hour" because everyone else is also on holidays so we dont want to monopolise their time - if they want to do other things, feel free).

Reading the comments about breaking it up into a mini hens/bucks sounds fun too!

That sounds like a good idea :) we are thinking of organising a dinner/drinks 2 nights before our wedding but having it as optional we dont want people to feel like they have to come, and we are also thinking of doing a boys/ girls day, so the boys can head off and do something and us girls can go off and do something sort of a mini hens/bucks party. We were also going thinking of doing something the day after, but knowing our friends everyone will be hungover so that wont work so instead we are hoping to organise a day cruise (depending on cost) 2 days after

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:01 am

We are going to host a cocktail hour the night before and then also a brunch the day after. If our guests choose to come then that is up to them, but we will be there if they wish to join us.
We will also have some other activities listed on our 'newsletter' that guests can come to should they wish. Snorkeling trips, island tours, elephant trekking etc

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 am

We will probably have dinner with our families and any out-of-towners that are around the night before the wedding. And then brunch the morning after for whoever wants to come. I don't see all of my family very often (there are 8 of us kids - they are all married and have kids) so it's nice to spend as much time with each other when we can.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14