A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kiam
Topic Author

Re: Island wedding

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:39 pm

I don't think it is selfish at all, at least they are invited and have the option to go. I think you will find they are probably just a little dissapointed that you will not be having the big white wedding at home. I'm sure they will come around.
Your wedding should be about the 2 of you and what what makes you happy. I think if you try to make everyone else happy you won't end up having the wedding you want. I'm sure if these are the people that love and care about you they will be supportive even if you do not choose the things they would have wanted. Maybe you could include them in the planning so they feel more a part of the wedding.
We got married in Fiji in May this year and took only our parents and siblings (and their partners), we didn't even tell anyone else we were getting married there so they didn't have the option of coming. We had a party at our house (BBQ and drinks style) when we returned and invited all of our friends and extended family then. Some of them were dissapointed not to have been there to witness the actual wedding but nobody was mad at us and everyone understood why we we choode to do it that way.

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Agree with Kiam,
srsly its ur day do as u like and please u, as long as they are invited them they are welcome to join u, otherwise just enjoy ur day :D

Hawaiian Wedding
Married in Maui
Married in Maui

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I agree, you need to do whatever it is that will make you both happy...even with a destination wedding, I am still at a point where people 'need' to be invited, just to 'do the right thing' so i can imagine what sort of pressure you would be under with a wedding here in Australia. Go away, get married, love it and cherish it...i cant wait for my small wedding with close friends and family and no who-ha!!

Island Princess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Not selfish at all. At the end of the day its "your" wedding and do what pleases you and your future husband and like you said you can always have a get together when you get back for the people who cant attend.

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:28 pm

I found that all the people that "will come" when you spoke to them about it didnt and well thats there problem then they were invited :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41