A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

summer_love
Topic Author

Fiji Wedding April/May 2013

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi all,

DF and I are looking into a Fiji wedding in mid 2013 and are just lost as to where to start
We are looking at a smaller wedding approx 25-30 guests, would ideally like a beach ceremony followed by an outdoor garden reception
We're hoping to spend no more than $10,000-$12,000 MAX including flights and accommodation but haven't been to Fiji before so have no idea if this is unrealistic? Also no idea how long this would allow us to stay, 10 days would be fantastic

I had a quick look at flights and they seem to be quite expensive from Adelaide, around $2800 return for the 3 of us (son will be 2.5yo) so that takes a bigger than expected chunk from our budget

Would love suggestions on family friendly resorts and areas, wedding planners in Australia

I know the Outrigger & Shangri-La are really popular but I'm having trouble finding pictures of actual wedding setups etc so it's really hard to picture it lol

Look forward to getting some feedback :heart:

And I have just been doing some reading and saw that there's no markets and shopping in Fiji so there won't be much for guests to do compared to Bali? Any experience with this as its swaying us towards Bali again lol

FinauPhotographyFiji

Re: Fiji Wedding April/May 2013

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Bula,,

We recently shot a wedding at the Outrigger for a couple who chose the lawn reception set up right on the beach. Beautiful reception, so feel free to go to our facebook albums and have a look.

Yes, shopping isnt as it is in Bali, but there are activities for guests to do especially if you choose a resort on the Coral Coast. But the most fantastic thing about Fiji is the locals and the way they treat you. Amazingly friendly people.

We also did a wedding on Treasure Island for a couple who married on the beach and had a deck reception right next to the pool/beach area.... fantastic so hopefully there is a couple of ideas for you :-)

I have travelled all over Asia and the shopping is no where near like there but the relaxed atmosphere, the friendliness of the locals and the true local cultural experience is fabulous in Fiji :-)

Happy organising :-)

Island Princess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding.

I can't tell you to much about Fiji as I am yet to go but Finally going Australia Day long weekend for 5 nights.

A few popular options I have heard from brides which are fantastic are Intercontinental Resort, Shangri-la and the Outrigger.

All the best with all your planning :)

Island Princess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:20 pm

As for wedding planners - Sue at Essence Tours - comes highly recommended. She is based in Brissy.

summer_love
Topic Author

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:27 pm

I actually emailed sue today after stalking this forum and seeing how popular she is... I think we have decided on The Outrigger but are just waiting on some other packages to compare :D

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:27 am

I used Sue at Essence Tours and married at Outrigger in May this year. Great choice. Sing out if you have any questions

shabell

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi,
We are getting married at the shangri-la next year. We are going through xanthe friend at fiji island tours (based in sydney). Xanthe has been absolutely fantastic thus far. I have never been to fiji either but with xanthe's hrlp and the help from such forums as this and facebook, i now feel really comfortable with the choices we have made.

summer_love
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 pm

sharmy wrote:
I used Sue at Essence Tours and married at Outrigger in May this year. Great choice. Sing out if you have any questions

Ohhh will have to stalk your posts sharmy :-)

Fiji_2012
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 am

shabell wrote:
Hi,
We are getting married at the shangri-la next year. We are going through xanthe friend at fiji island tours (based in sydney). Xanthe has been absolutely fantastic thus far. I have never been to fiji either but with xanthe's hrlp and the help from such forums as this and facebook, i now feel really comfortable with the choices we have made.

We are using the same lady :)

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm also using Sue at Essence - there's so many options with Fiji.

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 am

Not long now Sar!

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am

I know! Seems like only yesterday it was 18 months to go lol!

summer_love
Topic Author

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 am

How long did it take for Sue to get back to you in the beginning? I emailed her Sunday and haven't had a response???

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 pm

She is pretty busy, I recommend if you don't hear back just ring her. She also does skype.

summer_love
Topic Author

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:37 pm

SnappySarzie wrote:
She is pretty busy, I recommend if you don't hear back just ring her. She also does skype.

I heard back from her last night, she seems lovely... Was just getting a bit stressed lol

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm

summer_love wrote:
SnappySarzie wrote:

I heard back from her last night, she seems lovely... Was just getting a bit stressed lol

She is lovely - and very patient which helps when dealing with all the guest bookings. Have had a few shockers and she's been really sweet.

summer_love
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:50 pm

So I've found out that the sand on the beach at the outrigger is not the white sand we were hoping for... do you think if we had a 3.5hr gap between ceremony and reception it would be possible to travel with a photographer to somewhere where we can get those nice white sand photos?

I do still think the photos on the rocky/shelly sand look nice but not as nice as the white sand beaches...
has anyone done this?

FinauPhotographyFiji

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Bula Summer

It is possible to travel to a different location and have other beach photos taken. Natandola Beach is a lovely beach and a 30 min drive from The Outrigger (google and check it out)..... but those white white sandy beaches that you see in pics are on the Islands,, not possible to get there on your wedding day and back to reception for those shots.

Have you thought of doing a trash the dress shoot on location on a Island to get those bridal beach photos. They make awesome photos and you will get your white sandy beach :-)

summer_love
Topic Author

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks Finau, I'll have a look at that beach. I did see some gorgeous trash the dress photos so that's a great idea as well, something to think about

Thanks again :D

beclee

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondered if someone could tell me how I could contact Sue from Essence as I'm looking to get married in Fiji in June 2013 and she seems very popular :)

Thanks heaps
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35