A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

summer_love
Topic Author

DIY invitations

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm wanting to make my own Save the dates and invitations as we only need 20...
Any links you can recommend? Do you think its best to get a kit or just get everything separately?
Have looked in truly madly deeply but they have a minimum of 25 invitations for the DIY kits

I'm after something like this http://www.trulymadlydeeply.com.au/stor ... rchid.html

Pocket style with an orchid on it but don't know if I should waste money getting the minimum of 25 when 5 will just be thrown in the bin?? Theyre $6.23ea and then i'd need to order paper cuts for the SOD's....

Mrs Kylo
I survived and got married!
I survived and got married!

Re: DIY invitations

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm

I dont really have any advice except to say I reckon having 5 extras isn't such a bad idea..if you have a few people reply no & you want to invite someone else instead, or if you get one returned to sender, or lost in the mail, or if you want to send one to someone you know can't come but want to include anyway, or even just as a keepsake

Just my opinion! :-)

Island Princess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Very pretty :)

summer_love
Topic Author

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:48 pm

mrsgtobe wrote:
I dont really have any advice except to say I reckon having 5 extras isn't such a bad idea..if you have a few people reply no & you want to invite someone else instead, or if you get one returned to sender, or lost in the mail, or if you want to send one to someone you know can't come but want to include anyway, or even just as a keepsake

Just my opinion! :-)

That is true, I think I will order one to see if I like it and go from there, totally didnt even think to keep one, invite others etc hehe

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:49 am

Island Princes does beautiful invites. I have seen her work on here and the other brides talking about it. Maybe you should PM her

HawaiiWedding

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:28 pm

I would also recommend having at look at Island Princess Designs website, she did our STD's and they were fantastic, everyone loved them. :D :D

summer_love
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 pm

A friend has just started making invitations again so have decided to go with her :)
She has a FB page called Creative Paper Boutique if anyone is interested, she's located in SA

:heart:

petta
Almost there
Almost there

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:39 pm

i am not sure how traditional you are considering for your wedding... but... we wanted something quite different that would give people a feel for what our desitination wedding was all about..

we had a weekend wedding on a private resort in the whitsundays so i made invitations myself that were postcards...

i got a picture of the resort from a boat arriving on the beach printed it on photo card in the size of a postcard with the name of the resort and the islands name on the front and then made up a postcard template and printed it on the other side with each guests name and the details of the wedding..so when it arrived it looked to the guests like we had sent them a postcard from the resort .. but our wedding invitation was set out on the other side with the usual postcard area with their name and address so australia post could direct it to them. everywhere if visit even now 3 months after the wedding it is still on people's fridges as they loved the idea so much..
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52