A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

helen9
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Byo alcohol?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Does anyone know if the outrigger let's you BYO spirits for the wedding reception?
Half our guests are non drinkers, the other half are spirit drinkers so I'm thinking of having bar tab instead of beverage package and buying alcohol from duty free.

summer_love

Re: Byo alcohol?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

I cant give you an answer but we are thinking of doing the same... Plus their beverage package includes wine and im not sure what their local wine is like??

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am

We took 2 bottles of Whiskey and bourbon from duty free into our wedding reception at the Outrigger in May and they mixed it for our guests and at the night gave us what was left which of course was taken by our guests down to the pool area and disco LOl but yest they had no issues with it. We actually just took it before th reception put it behind the bridal table and asked the waiters to do it instead of asking before hand in case they said no hehe. The waiters were very helpful grabbed the bottles and then people jsut asked for Johnny Walker and coke and jim beam and coke fromt eh bottle. :)

helen9
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:24 pm

I spoke to Sue who said we can't remove beverage package if we do the dream wedding package and definately no byo.

Thanks sharmy - I will do as you suggest and bring it anyway :wink:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.51