A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

summer_love
Topic Author

Table centrepieces Fiji

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi ladies,

For those of you who have/are getting married in Fiji what did you do about centrepieces? Did you order from a local supplier over there or bring things over?

We are looking at having a vase of flowers, just whatever the hotel has but I'd like to also have something similar to this and am thinking it would definitely break if I took them over in my bag.... We only have around 50 guests so will probably just have 5 tables, no bridal table as such so won't need too many

Thanks in Advance
ps wedding is at the Outrigger

nes1506

Re: Table centrepieces Fiji

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi There,

have you had a look on etsy? They have great little things that would be cute for centrepieces!

Our resort has a few different options of centrepieces but if i dont like any of them ill def be jumping on etsy to find something!

Also if you only have 5 tables then if you and your husband/mother bridesmaids etc carry say one vase each as carry on wrapped in newspaper it shouldn't be too much of an issue would you think??

summer_love
Topic Author

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I havent looked on etsy yet, will get onto it
Just googling for ideas and looking at the themes thread at the mo

I guess we could bubble wrap vases and each take a few on, we will also have round mirrors for them to sit on, flowers etc so I dont know how we will go taking it all on

Lauzfiji

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know what the Outrigger supply as table centrepieces. I am getting married there in May and am trying to work out what to do aswell

Thanks

FinauPhotographyFiji

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Ladies

I have shot a lot of weddings at the Outrigger.

They do supply table centrepieces, and if you take a look at my facebook page you will see several different set ups. If you would like more specific photos please email me and I can send you a picture or few :-)

The picture you have put up can be replicated easily enough,, The outrigger has similar tall vases, probably finer glass, not as thick, you would need to bring the stone/rocks, they can provide a similar flower or you can bring a silk one along.
I know that some receptions are quite the party and vases do get broken, so they may not always be available.

If you have something specific in mind, email Moreen and show her a picture and see if she can offer something similar, otherwise you will need to bring it over with you :-)

tuskel

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi summer_love

I'm also getting married at the outrigger in Aug 2012

I will be bring my centrepieces with me

I have order my centrepieces and bouquet through Angel's Accents

I had so many ideas however I was more worried about how i was going to get them over there and what will i do after the wedding with them

good luck

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 am

I got married at Outrigger in May last year and Outrigger supply 2 basic ones ( i had glass vases with sand and a candle and palm leave and flower petals on it and it was enough with a small floral arrangements look at my pics for details. They did the big floral arrangements for the bridal table and i put one of the bouquets on the cake table I added my bombineer things to it and they set the lot up. I wouldnt buy and take over. Moreen will do all of this for you and just ask if you extra or something different. You will have enough to carry at the airport lert alone having a full suitcase with your make up etc.

FinauPhotographyFiji

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Great advice Sharmy :)

Bringing it along with you is not easy,, excess luggage is expensive but if you had your heart set on something thats not available through Moreen and her team then you could ask your guests to carry bits and pieces for you. If you didnt want to carry them home, you could donate the items to a local church who could use them for functions.. Anything from overseas is a real treat to have in Fiji, most of the things we can buy there are cheap china products that dont last.

Just something to consider :-)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.74