A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

njones
Topic Author

SHANGRI LA OR OUTRIGGER

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:49 am

Hi, Im am looking at booking my Fiji wedding for 2013 and am having trouble deciding between the Shangri La and the Outrigger.
We are having approx 30-40 guests - all very active and enjoy doing all outdoor activities.
Both seem to have excellant wedding packages but could you please give me any information about your wedding or pros and cons on weddings that you have had at either one of these venues?
OR if anyone has stayed at both resorts - which would you recommend?

Having never been to Fiji before i am after any and all information to help make this decision!
Thanks in advance!

Fiji_2012
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: SHANGRI LA OR OUTRIGGER

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am

Hey njones

Ive stayed at both stayed at the outrigger in 08 then the Shangri-la in 09, and we chose the Shangri-la to get married at, they have the cutest chapel.
Hard to know which i prefer, i like the fact the Shangri-la is alot bigger and has more space, outrigger is smaller, but i think its more upper class,
one thing i didn't like about the outrigger is the beach, its a bit small and when there was high tide there was hardly any beach, the shangri-la has alot more beach space and not in the one area.
Outrigger is more expensive, but i thought the service was better.
Shangri-la has a mini putt putt course, that was fun and they have an awesome games room sort of like time zone or something like that they also have 3 pools on adults only outrigger only has one but its massive

Not sure what else to tell you, so if you have any questions ask away

FinauPhotographyFiji

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Both are great resorts and I think the post above explains both well.

Can I suggest you join a facebook page call "I was married in Fiji". Its a awesome page with ladies who are getting married or who have been married in Fiji, plus there is lots of wedding vendors such as myself who help out with information etc.

Both are really lovely, and very popular. One thing I would be checking out as well,, is if the Shangri la has a "one" wedding per day policy or if several couples can book and marry on the same day. I know the Outrigger has only one wedding per day.

Another thing to consider is the location of both with regards to other facilities for your guests. The Outrigger is a 2 minute walk along the beach to Sunset Strip, which hosts other budget hotels such as the Bedarra Inn for your guests to consider, plus sunset strip has other restaurants for cheaper eating options.

The Outrigger is also a short 5 min drive from Sigatoka where you can grab cheaper alcohol and food/medications etc.

The Shangri La has a nicer beach and has a more private/secluded feel. But as mentioned above, the service is much better at the Outrigger.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and happy organising :-)

njones
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for your info - i have checked out that facebook page and it is fantastic! So much information on there!

I think we have decided to have our wedding at the Shangri La - mainly because there seems to be alot more to do than at the outrigger and I :heart: all the photos i have seen of the chapel at Shangri La.

As we are planning for August 2013 - im sure i will have alot more questions to ask by this time next year!

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 am

I was married at Outrigger as it turns out my friend had her sister in law's wedding at Shangri La week before! She had her 3 kids with her and hubby and when we came to our wedding and resort she liked it more. Reason was rooms were bigger and better for families like her to stay, meals were better suited for the kids, pool in her opinin was better and more for her kids to do at kids club etc at Outrigger. You can also go straight to town or you can do what we did and ate down the beach at Bedarra Inn and other places each night. The chapel is gorgeou at Outrigger and you can see out over everthing up to you but i wouldnt change my Outrigger wedding for another venue at all. I had just my wedding that day and the stff were very attentive.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.6