A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

His_missus
Topic Author

Destination Weddings

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Guys!!

I am newly engaged and we are thinking of doing our wedding around this time next year.

My Fiance loves to do our wedding in Santorini - Greece and i love that idea too! But i do not know anything at all about "Destination Weddings" :( Wondering if anyone could help me with this?

Appreciated :D

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Destination Weddings

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Congratulations on your Engagement!

This is the Elopement and Destination Wedding section that Agape is talking about
viewforum.php?f=46

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi His_missus,

I'm planning our wedding in Santorini at the moment, 2014 wedding.

Have a look at my S&T, and would love to share your idea too. When do you plan to have your wedding? and have you decided on the venue yet?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=135034

My wedding planner is Poema Weddings (Amalia, George, and Katerina) if you havent had one, I highly recommend them, there are many wedding planners in Santorini, but a few who actually stay in the island the whole year.
http://www.santoriniweddings.com.gr/poema/en.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poema-Wed ... 8798868783

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi His_Missus,
First: Congrats
Second: Greece is a beautiful beautiful place but Santorini is just amazing, start doing some research on the place, get a planner if u dont have a family close by the area to help u, and i would highly recommend in having a good photographer... if ur going all the way to Greece if I was u I would hire a very good photographer that u would feel comfortable with no matter what the cost at the end of the day thats all that u will remember and see are the photos. For Fh and myself photos are very important to us so we are take a photographer from Sydney with us to Fiji as he is an international photographer and we are very comfortable with him and his wife.
Good Luck, Dont stress and Enjoy Planning ur big day :D

His_missus
Topic Author

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Thank you so much for your help guys!!! Life savers!!! :heart:

His_missus
Topic Author

Confused =(

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Firstly, i would like to thank everyone who gave me ideas for the destination weddings...

My fiance and i would love to do the wedding in Santorini but look like we have to give it a miss as my dearest sister/bestfriend will not be able to attend (She is pregnant atm and wn't be able to travel too far) so we just thinking of doing the Simple-but-nice wedding.

We wanted to do a small wedding and save money for a "big" honeymoon (Greece - Paris and Italy) which just what i want as i am so much into travel. We are planning just have family members to celabrate our big day ... But i still want good photos, which i dont mind to spend a bit more on photographers.

Does anyone have any idea what should i do? Should i do dinner at a reception and have our photos after getting married at the church???

Thanks guys!!

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Confused =(

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm

His_missus wrote:
Firstly, i would like to thank everyone who gave me ideas for the destination weddings...

My fiance and i would love to do the wedding in Santorini but look like we have to give it a miss as my dearest sister/bestfriend will not be able to attend (She is pregnant atm and wn't be able to travel too far) so we just thinking of doing the Simple-but-nice wedding.

We wanted to do a small wedding and save money for a "big" honeymoon (Greece - Paris and Italy) which just what i want as i am so much into travel. We are planning just have family members to celabrate our big day ... But i still want good photos, which i dont mind to spend a bit more on photographers.

Does anyone have any idea what should i do? Should i do dinner at a reception and have our photos after getting married at the church???

Thanks guys!!

Hi His_missus again,

Having a small wedding at home and big honeymoon sounds great too. :D I'm not sure if that will help, since our wedding will be in Santorini, we decide to have our honeymoon in Greek Island (Santorini and then Crete) and Italy (fly to Venice and then drive to Florence with a overnight stop over at Lake Garda).

Maybe have a honeymoon shoot in Santorini, I have seen many couples doing that, and they look amazing too.

We actually will use this photographer for our wedding (she's in Athen) - we chose her because we think her style will suit us better:
http://www.annaroussos.com/

However, there is another great photographer if you prefer his style:
http://www.vangelisphotography.com/blog/

Whatever your decision is I believe they are all great.

sandra4tonny
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Confused =(

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 pm

His_missus wrote:

Thanks guys!!

That sound great.

My Photographer has been hired to travel with a couple to photographer them (i cant remember where to, i think they took him to one or two countries, they had a small wedding but a very big honeymoon) check him out his name is Shane Ephraims from Vanity Image, we love his personalty and his style - http://www.vanityimage.com

I personally love photos at the church, in locations old style look (I know im having a wedding in Fiji nothing old here but FH loves the beach more so my not in Fiji its very relaxing)
and if u are in Sydney there are a lot of small, nice reception where u could have dinner and dance all night long :)

CharlottAllenGoddess

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Hello!!!
we are getting married next year. Still have not sorted photographer. We are close in booking Dana Villas for both wedding and reception. We have decided we want a photo shooting on the day before or the next day of our wedding, but still are not decided on the photographer! Our planner has given us a few suggestions, (by the way she is amazing, and recommended from a friend that just got back from Santorini- it is Manto at http://www.santorini-weddings.info ) we do like most of them but we really can’t decide!!! Any help please? What should we look for? On another post there was a bride she told me that we should go with a local that knows the places (we were thinking of bringing a photographer from home) and another said we should get a photographer that works with Santorini but be careful because some local they do they same shoots!
Congrats to all of you :)

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 am

Hi CharlottAndGoodness,

I will have our wedding at Dana Villas too, the place is amazing, isnt it? Dana Villas does not organise wedding anymore, so you have to go with a wedding planner.

It depends on whether you either want with a "wedding package" or a wedding planner. I have heard lots from Manto (santorini-wedding.info), I believe he's great too, but I dont like having a "wedding package" since whatever you get will be the same with other brides. So I opted to Poema Wedding (Stella & Mocha is also great as well), they stay in Santorini the whole year. I wouldnt recommend travel planner though (it's hit and miss, if you are lucky you will meet a good planner) etc Thomas Cook.

What I did is I let Poema know what is my budget, guests number, venue location that I prefer, things that I want to have, things I am thinking about, and things that I dont want, she will then send us the recommendation and the price list for all the things that we would want (transport for guests, wedding car, make up etc.). They do have contacts with vendors so save your time to search for them (and communication in Santorini is not that great, they dont have the concept of fast replying), for me, they sent the info and they booked ceremony and reception venue before I paid the deposit (my wedding is 2 years away and Amalia recommended to book as soon as I decided).

Let me know how you go.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36