A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ssci1

Re: 2013 brides

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks Ashling :)
I've been looking at a pair on style tread .. Im not after a "bridal" shoe as such, just a fancy sandal really!!

ssci1

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks.. I'll be sure to check it out. In heading to the states in August so i might wait until then just in case :)

amz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

wow you are all very organised with the groomsman suits and etc

i have picked venue
hair is being done by my cousin haridresser
I personally know my celebrant
and my cousin is doing my cake

lol other than that i havent organised anything else

my next step is to organise photographer

my MOH is planning on being preg before/during the wedding so I assume I will have to find the dresses at late notice.

How soon should the groomsmen look for their suits? how much is everyone spending on suits? however im not paying for shoes and etc. I told my BM they need to wear small (im rly short) height black heels....i dont mind if they dont match each other

we are paying for bridal party outfits but i think i still want to get everyone something small but im not sure what to get
any ideas?

ssci1

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 am

Bummer.. Were they through etsy?

Snowygem

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:33 pm

OOoh so good to see how everyones planning is coming along :)

So far I've organised :
Venue
Makeup and Hair ( awesome deal with someone local, wanted to get it in seeing as i couldn't find a better price anywhere else!)
Photographers ( 2 photographers - 1 is a bridesmaids sister in law, the other is a friend of that bridesmaids sister - all for under $1k!)

Ive pretty much picked out my dress, just need to try it on with mum. Ive tried it on without her and I've also run it by both grandmothers and a bridesmaid and they all love it. So i try it on with mum next Tues!

http://www.rozlakelin.com/rozla_kelin/?p=1578

Just a quick question... from reading what everyones been posting about the FH's suits, i really feel like my FH wants an astronomically expensive suit!! He says it costs $1500 to get a suit tailor made etc. Now he does sometimes wear suits for work ( He used to wear them every day for work but not as much now) So he's owned a fair number, but to me that seems like a crazy amount for a suit... When I've put my concerns to him he replies with " well I'm not asking you to get a $200 dress now am i?" or precedes to tell me that suits cost that much.... Do they?

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Snowygem wrote:
Just a quick question... from reading what everyones been posting about the FH's suits, i really feel like my FH wants an astronomically expensive suit!! He says it costs $1500 to get a suit tailor made etc. Now he does sometimes wear suits for work ( He used to wear them every day for work but not as much now) So he's owned a fair number, but to me that seems like a crazy amount for a suit... When I've put my concerns to him he replies with " well I'm not asking you to get a $200 dress now am i?" or precedes to tell me that suits cost that much.... Do they?

jumping in here, we bought FH's and his best man(his brother)'s suit off the rack from Spurling formal. we recieved awesome discount and got both suits (jacket, vest and pants), shirts, shoes, cufflinks, belt for $1500ish for both. there was another suit that he tried on that was another $300 more but it didn't look any better. his suit is gorgeous and they will both wear them again. he wanted a great quality suit and i figure it will be his formal suit from now on. i dont' see why the boys should miss out on an expensive suit when wedding gowns are usually pricey :D

Amandacwilson

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Yippee my fiancé and I are getting married February 23rd 2013 beach wedding along the coast in ocean grove Victoria!

We are both so excited, have a lot organized so far and have a good idea of style etc that we want, just wish I could organize more. Ow instead of waiting until closer to the date!

Amandacwilson

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 am

Ashling wrote:
Woohoo wedding date twins!
I know I'm getting to the stage where I am running out of things to do, which is annoying because I hate having things un done!

Yay! Where are you having your wedding?

It's a bit like that now, we are waiting till next month to organize anymore, just trying to enjoy it in between planning!

ssci1

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

YAY the list is growing.. lots of Feb brides :)
I picked up my wedding band today .... shattered that I can't wear it yet!!! its soooooo pretty!!!

PommieBear

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Another Newbie & another 2013 Bride (Eeek)

Proposal Feb 18th looking at October 2013 wedding. He has HUGE family, I have a handful (No Parents) but mine are in England so we want to book a date now so people can start saving. Not planning on telling Aussie lot until nearly Christmas - they all think we are eloping (I wanted too) but recently decison made not too (He's very family) in which case I want to give o/seas people first choice on dates.

However, seeing how Aussie guests will have a big journey I was thinking of a Saturday preceding a Public Holiday. I don't want guests to have to get up after the wedding and drive 8-10 hours. What are your thoughts? Do they put prices up? Will dates book out sooner? I have read every entry on this thread and noted some venues will not book until June/ July for the following year but others have obviously made bookings for early 2013. We are new to Qld and literally missed the Expos by days and next lot aren't until Oct 2012 when its only a year to go and I fear the date I want will be gone.

As for how far have we got - not very. List of 160 + guests (You see why I wanted to elope - as I said HUGE family). Oh and we are entered into a Facebook comp to win our wedding pics! So find out Sunday if we win!
Looking forward to speaking with you all for the next 18 months!

ssci1

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 pm

hehe 160 big?? you should of seen the shock when we told FHs family that there would only be 140 at ours..... that's half the number they're used to!!!!
its all good fun :)
I'm trying to work out what I should be doing next... the dramas in my life!!!
hope you're all enjoying it!

Snowygem

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 pm

*squee!!* i put a deposit on my dress :-D mum and i went dress shopping today, dymocks building level 2 went well . Abbeys bridal appointment was ordinary and the person serving us was very rude to mum :-( the staff at Bridal Avenue was awesome, staff were friendly and relaxed and focused on me both in my appointment and when i came to try it on again after my Abbey appt. And i found the perfectly matching veil for 280 rather than 470 (peter trends veil) cos it was on special for 2 tiny faults :-)

PommieBear

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Ssci1 - Okay you win!! How did you manage to convince FH to halve it - & what level did you cull?!!

Sorry my partners family live 8-10 hrs away from us (We recently moved to Brisbane). 80% live regional NSW so it's a big drive for them.

PommieBear

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 pm

That's why I'm hoping, leave after lunch Friday then head back Monday morning. I know - for most it'll be an 8 hr drive. You can get a flight but it's very expensive, am thinking a coach will be cheaper for people & know that was done for another one a few years back. Will get on Stayz to find some group accommodation options too.

PommieBear

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 am

Well that's strange that they changed Qld but not NSW! Glad you said that, it is Labour Day Weekend there. Lucky it's a long weekend in both!!

PommieBear

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

Ashling wrote:
PommieBear wrote:
Well that's strange that they changed Qld but not NSW! Glad you said that, it is Labour Day Weekend there. Lucky it's a long weekend in both!!

I suppose though it doesn't really matter if it's not a long weekend in Qld, I mean those guests could go to work on the Monday anyway, so long as it's a long weekend in NSW?

This is very true. So date agreed. Now Venue! Sirromet looks beautiful although so does in island hideaway...

Well done on booking your make up in!

PommieBear

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 am

:D
Last edited by PommieBear on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alextbw

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Some of the venues I tried for next year are already fully booked on the dates that I wanted so I am sure that the venues will take your booking now for next year. Definately more expensive for a public holiday but at least most guests will be able to come. Not sure if that's good tho! Hehe! I'm going to this expo in May on the Sunshine Coast coz I want to win my dress http://www.itsmywedding.com.au...also want to see the cake people.

Sapphire333

Thu May 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi all,

Im new around here.

Our wedding date is March the 23rd next year. (23.03.13)
We loved the date we chose! :-)

Sapphire

ssci1

Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

PommieBear wrote:
Ssci1 - Okay you win!! How did you manage to convince FH to halve it - & what level did you cull?!!

Sorry my partners family live 8-10 hrs away from us (We recently moved to Brisbane). 80% live regional NSW so it's a big drive for them.

In one way we're pretty lucky that my family is so small... so that helped with the numbers. we made a rule, we're only inviting family and closest friends. we're both agreed not to have people from work and none of the "cousin of a cousin has to come because they invited FHs parents to wedding back in 1984" business. we've been together for 8 years, if I haven't met them, then they're really not "family".
GZIP: On | Load: 0.05