A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Snowygem

Re: 2013 brides

Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 am

Ashling wrote:
ssci1 wrote:
we made a rule, we're only inviting family and closest friends. we're both agreed not to have people from work and none of the "cousin of a cousin has to come because they invited FHs parents to wedding back in 1984" business. we've been together for 8 years, if I haven't met them, then they're really not "family".

I sort of did the same thing. My theory was, would I pay $150 to go out for dinner with this person? If not, why would I pay $150 to have them at my wedding?

Thats a really good theory, Ashling, my BM Kate said she did a similar thing with her wedding, and its what I'm doing with mine - Can i justify spending $115 for that person to be there?? If not, don't invite them.

Even though my parents are covering the reception, they did say " within reasonable limits" and they basically said no more than 100 including the bridal party. My family is kinda small compared to my FH, so i have a similar number of close friends coming to his family, and he has a similar number of close friends to my family - So it works out.

Cos they are paying for it, they said they don't mind if i use them as the excuse not to invite someone - " Sorry the parents are paying for it and we just don't have the room". FH has said i can use him as an excuse too saying he doesn't want a big wedding ( but to him, more than 50 is big, so thats like, JUST family, and thats so not happening :P)

Snowygem

Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 pm

me in my dress :-)

IMAG0102.jpg

Snowygem

Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 pm

the colour is called pearl. Its a pink ivory i spose. In natural light its not quite as dark.

nikshappyeverafter

Fri May 11, 2012 11:09 pm

13 July 2013. Thats the day! :) I am blessed to have such a fabulous man. Now I just need to plan THE most fabulous wedding day on a Broke *** Budget! Lol. I have already put a deposit on the reception room in Cleveland, Redland City, QLD. I have put a deposit on my dress AND I 'Think' I have found a ceremony location. Our original 'small' wedding has grown to about 70 people. Now comes the toughest bit. I need to
#1 Save money!
#2 Lose 20
#3 Enjoy the ride :)

whataboutme

Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Ladies!!
Im a 2013 bride (getting married 6 October 2013) and this topic makes me feel so far behind!!! We are only now deciding on where we are going to have the reception! eek!!

whataboutme

Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks Ashling!
I was just looking on the internet for Catholic churches to get married in (because all my time at work is spent on the internet searching for various wedding related things) and came across this church that I immediately fell in love with! So I emailed the pics over to FH and he loves it too! And the best think is that they are available on our date!!! I think we are going to have a look at it this weekend and probably confirm it :) Im soooo exicted to book in the first thing for our wedding!!!!

whataboutme

Tue May 15, 2012 5:08 pm

No, it's in Sydney, in Waverley

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 pm

I have just done a few mock ups of the invite -- they come out to be about $2.30 each without postage -- I dont know if thats too expensive or not? - I like it but my dad says it looks a little like a fuernal invite (never knew they had those)

Mandy82

Wed May 30, 2012 3:43 pm

We're getting married May 2013 :)

Everyone here seems to have planned so much already!! We have only really booked the reception so far and i've started to look at some dresses....there is still soooooo much to decide on!!!!

I'm excited to start planning the other things though!! :D

whataboutme

Thu May 31, 2012 10:34 am

I confirmed the first thing for my October 13 wedding and it was my dress! Cant believe I havent even booked the reception or church but have found the dress hahaha!! :oops: I might not have a wedding but at least I will have a dress :) Pictures below.

whataboutme

Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 pm

nonirose wrote:
whataboutme wrote:
I confirmed the first thing for my October 13 wedding and it was my dress! Cant believe I havent even booked the reception or church but have found the dress hahaha!! :oops: I might not have a wedding but at least I will have a dress :) Pictures below.

omg that is stunning!

Thanks nonirose. I tried it on for the first time on Tuesday and that put a deposit on it yesterday. Feels like a rush decision but I know I wont regret it and I managed to save $650 on it as well :D

PommieBear

Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 pm

WOW WOW WOW Love both dresses......beautiful ladies :D

Mrs Babb to be

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 am

Hi All,
We are getting Married on the 27th of July 2013. We have the church and reception booked and I have my gown all designed and ready to go. Sooo exciting!

whataboutme

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Hey ladies, so I feel like I'm finally catching up bow! We booked and paid for our church yesterday and got a tentative booking for our reception.all we have to do is pay a $3000 deposit to confirm it and the best thing is that we bargained a couple of thousand of the price! :D I am so relieved to have the 2 most important things booked!

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:43 pm

I feel like I should put in my progress update here, we're planning on doing a joint Anglican/Catholic ceremony, he's Anglican, (or at least was he no longer goes to church but his family does) and I'm Catholic, as his church is prettier and his mum runs the parish office we're holding the ceremony at his church so we've now got an appointment next week with my Parish priest to apply for 'a dispensation from Canonical Form of Marriage.' Which is the basic element required to do something other than get married in your local Catholic Church. As far as I'm aware it should be mostly a formality, as we're not asking for anything too outlandish, we're still getting married in a church, just not the right variety. If we wanted a garden wedding or something that would be much harder to arrange.

Mrs Babb to be

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm

misspony wrote:
Mrs Babb to be wrote:
Hi All,
We are getting Married on the 27th of July 2013. We have the church and reception booked and I have my gown all designed and ready to go. Sooo exciting!

Hello, congratulations! You are so very organised!!!

Thank you so very much. I have to be working full time! xxx

skittles88

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:11 pm

whataboutme wrote:

:tick:
wow that dress is beautiful on you !!!

He proposed 2months ago inThailand.
Date set for 23 November 2013
(a week after my brother's wedding-bit different I know ! Even better he also proposed a week before my FH did)
So far I have:
Booked and payed a $1500 deposit for reception at Esplanade River Suites in Como (Perth)
Booked accommodation for entire Bridal/Groom Party
Chosen my BM dress(es)
Ordered my dress on Ebay. (see how this one goes only payed $150 but yet to see the quality of it)
Booked a photographer (This has really been the most agonising and painstaking decision for me)
Booked a DJ(i think... May change my mind about this one)
Submitted a reservationfor Comer Reserve Como, for our ceremony
Booked the wedding arch..will post a pic it is STUNNING
We have a celebrant already - FH's Aunty is a registered celebrant

I have alot of spare time on my hands at work... Hehe

skittles88

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Also booked a White Ford GT stretch limo
and have sourced a few furniture hire places
Chandelabra.com.au
Marqueespartyhire.com.au
Just have no idea about cake or who to decorate/coordinate my I mean OUR big day...
Last edited by skittles88 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whataboutme

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:34 pm

skittles88 wrote:
He proposed 2months ago inThailand.
Date set for 23 November 2013
(a week after my brother's wedding-bit different I know ! Even better he also proposed a week before my FH did)
So far I have:
Booked and payed a $1500 deposit for reception at Esplanade River Suites in Como (Perth)
Booked accommodation for entire Bridal/Groom Party
Chosen my BM dress(es)
Ordered my dress on Ebay. (see how this one goes only payed $150 but yet to see the quality of it)
Booked a photographer (This has really been the most agonising and painstaking decision for me)
Booked a DJ(i think... May change my mind about this one)
Submitted a reservationfor Comer Reserve Como, for our ceremony
Booked the wedding arch..will post a pic it is STUNNING
We have a celebrant already - FH's Aunty is a registered celebrant

I have alot of spare time on my hands at work... Hehe

Thanks soooo much skittles88. And congratulations on your engagement! Your so organised! Are those your bridesmaids dresses in the red because it is absolutely stunning and I LOVE the colour! It's exactly what I want for my bridesmaids dresses!where did you find it?

skittles88

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 pm

My pleSure ! I got the bm dresses on ebay i'll chuck the link up in a min (havent actuallu ordered them yet so dont know what the quality is going to n like )
I am going to get them made in dark purple

EDIT:
Ebay Link for BM Dress
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Elegant-Brid ... 870eeb656f
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09