A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ssci1

Re: 2013 brides

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Ashling wrote:
I think we have the same date ssci1! I am 23 feb 2013. We got all the same comments about starting so early, but at that time of year we have found at lot of places have been booked, so we don't think we started too early at all. We're also locking in a lot of suppliers at 2011 prices :wink:

we're feb 9th.. oops i meant we got the last available sat in Feb.. super lucky that it was the only date available :)
and yes, thats why we've locked in the photographer, limo and Church, all their prices were going up in the new year... every little bit helps.. so i'll make a saving anywhere, especially when its for the exact same thing!

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Ladies!!

I'm getting married on the 6th of April, 2013. I'm hoping to have my reception booked in the next two weeks. Here is to hoping!!
I have a S&T where all my inspiration is with lots of images. Feel free to have a look, opinions always welcome!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=131375

Link is above

strawberrypatch11
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Louise and I am getting married on 2nd February 2013. I am so excited! I have been told as well, oh you are so early and organised, But you got to book early right, to get the dates you want etc. All i can think about is weddings. :D :heart:

strawberrypatch11
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey me too, I sent out my engagement invites yesterday too. And how great is it to say, that we are getting married next year!!!! Hey me too, I sent out my engagement invites yesterday too. And how great is it to say, that we are getting married next year!!!! :D :D :D :D

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm

rubywoo wrote:
Ashling wrote:
strawberrypatch11 wrote:
And how great is it to say, that we are getting married next year!!!! :D :D :D

I know! No more confused looks! Just February next year!

I said that to FH just after midnight this morning and he just groaned! It sure does make it easier saying next year though... loving it.

That was one of the first things I said to FH when we woke up on New Year's day, but more in a tone of 'oh, wow, we're getting married next year' as we had the week between Xmas & New Year I spent some time setting up a to-do list & sorting out dates (we worked out the Saturdays in August next year we're hoping for 3rd August, but need to confirm venue availability). there's 2 wedding expos in Canberra the last weekend in Jan & first weekend in Feb so we're planning on making most of our decisions on suppliers after that.

The only real progress we've made is in planning our outfits (though we'd discussed it in theory before we were engaged) and bought samples of the fabric we want to use.

mishy

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am

Hello again!

Congratulations to all the 2013 Brides.

We have finally set a date and booked our venue. We will be getting married on 16 March 2013 at Appin House. We will be having our ceremony there as well in the garden/gazebo.

The wedding seemed so far away, but now that I can say I'm getting married next year I feel a little panicked!

Looking forward to seeing everyones weddings unfold :)

Kjturner

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi again! Have posted in here before but have since changed our date!
27th July 2013 is our new date! Next year! SCARY!!
Hope all plans are coming along good, we are still looking into Sferas in Adelaide!

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:31 pm

for those who asked the chruch is in Ipswich - my Fh parents got married in the same one...

I dont know about any one else but i am kinda blah about wedding now -- everyone keeps telling me its ages away ect dont worry about it now, but all i can think of it how much things cost --- isnt it better to get things at the current prices, as they rise prices by around 10% each year... i can put only a small deposit on some things ----

Im kinda stuck on what i want, i never thought i would get married and now i have to flip my mind set and i dont know how to do that..... the only ting i have finally set my mind on is its going to be a Victorian Romantic Gothic theme --- i think it will work well with the historic church....

Kjturner

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Beka- Ive got people(mainly my mother and FSIL) telling me not to worry about booking anything... Mums been married once and she didnt have to plan or pay and FSIL is nowhere near close to getting married! I wish they would just shut up and help look for bargains! haha!

I think i will try book my venue next month, i just worry i will change my mind about something!!

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:56 am

Beka- Ive got people(mainly my mother and FSIL) telling me not to worry about booking anything... Mums been married once and she didnt have to plan or pay and FSIL is nowhere near close to getting married! I wish they would just shut up and help look for bargains! haha!

I think i will try book my venue next month, i just worry i will change my mind about something!!

I dont think alot of people understand how much things cost, its the small things that builds the budget.... little fluffy things as brides we fall in love with....

I had a talk to my other half last night and i think hes finally getting to understand how i am feeling, since we are having a small budget $10,000 and half of that is all ready gone with church and reception - i think i got both at an amazing rate, church, minster, silk flower arrangements, and organist for under $700 and the reception for a sit down 3 course meal for 80 and $1,500 on bar all for under $5000, so the rest of our budget can be spent on everything else.

I am contenplating on splurging on the dress... my splurg is maybe going as high as $1500 for the dress

I am doing alot myself as well -- like the BM are all wearing birdcage veils, my veil I am hand beading, the invitations i will be doing, basically all the stationary i will be doing and also last night i found this amazing instructional video on how to create a rhinestone bouquet and fell in love with it.

I dont want to be scrambling to get things done the night before, my hope is everthing i am doing will be done a month before the wedding...

I finally came up with the victorian romantic gothic theme so i think it will work

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:50 am

No one got it for me, until I took mum, dad and FH to a hotel we were considering for the reception. We went there in I think August of 2011 and they already had two weekends booked out for February 2013. After that they got it.

wow -- also doing things now you can get good prices, but as Ashling said you get what you want and know you can save for something that might not be in your budget...

ssci1

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Ladies,
It does feel pretty awesome to say that our big day is Feb next year now :) WOO HOO!
The main stuff is booked, and i'm just getting quotes at this stage so i can budget things.
I did find a dress :) but eiikkk a little over budget... trying to put it in perspective that i'll only wear it once BUT i felt amazing in it!
I'm currently looking for something similar elsewhere at a lower price... fingers crossed.
We still haven't announced our bridal party... is that wierd?
It's more him than anything - he wants to make sure he has it right.. maybe because his brother's groomsmen selection didn't work out so well in the end.
Hmmmm.

ssci1

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 pm

yeah i think its really important to have people up there that have been around and been through all the good times and not so good times. i'm set whether we have 3 or 4 on each side and he's got a really good bunch of boys.. so fingers crossed he makes his decision soon!

Miss May

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Ashling wrote:
Miss May wrote:
checked out the weather this year for our date, it was 40 degrees!!

Crikey what was the date? I'm on 23 Feb 2013, hoping for "warm but not sweltering". I'm getting married at the beach though so would rather have heat than rain

The date was 2nd of Feb, i hope its not too hot. I dont funtion in that type of heat!

ssci1

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Ashling wrote:
I have had a very productive day, I paid the deposit for the photographer and I booked our photo booth.
The stuff that was originally extra spend for the photo booth ended up being included, they must have changed their pricing structure. Yay for savings! :bdance:

Who did you go through? I'm looking for recommendations :)

ssci1

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:10 am

Ashling wrote:
ssci1 wrote:
Ashling wrote:
I have had a very productive day, I paid the deposit for the photographer and I booked our photo booth.
The stuff that was originally extra spend for the photo booth ended up being included, they must have changed their pricing structure. Yay for savings! :bdance:

Who did you go through? I'm looking for recommendations :)

For which one? Or both?

Oops sorry - photobooth!

ShoeLover

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 am

Yay!!!

Woohooo for 2013 Brides! Im getting married in the Hunter Valley on the 9th March 2013 :)

ssci1

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm

wow thanks for all the info :) much appreciated!

ssci1

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm

ShoeLover wrote:
Yay!!!

Woohooo for 2013 Brides! Im getting married in the Hunter Valley on the 9th March 2013 :)

freaky that I will be married for a month on that day!!! YAY!

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 pm

with my date being oct 2013 i have asked people to pencil me in, most have been good about it -- so they let me know if anyone else wants that day and i get first pick, so that means i dont have to fork out deposits right now with still 22 months to go...

i so wanted a photo booth but really cant justify the cost so i am doing a photo treasure hunt, since most people take ther eown cameras on each table there will be a list of things for people to try to capture, like, the goom playing with his new ring, a kids crawling under a table, the mother of the bride fixing the wedding dress ect ---

beka
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52