A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ssci1

Re: 2013 brides

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm

bekabulwinkle wrote:
with my date being oct 2013 i have asked people to pencil me in, most have been good about it -- so they let me know if anyone else wants that day and i get first pick, so that means i dont have to fork out deposits right now with still 22 months to go...

i so wanted a photo booth but really cant justify the cost so i am doing a photo treasure hunt, since most people take ther eown cameras on each table there will be a list of things for people to try to capture, like, the goom playing with his new ring, a kids crawling under a table, the mother of the bride fixing the wedding dress ect ---

beka

i like that - something different :)

i was suprised at how many places already had bookings for Feb 2013, so its good that they can pencil you in to notify you - and hang onto the money a little bit longer!!!!

photobooth is out for us - as my sister is living in LA, we've decided to do a fairly decent USA trip this year to see her and travel around a but so i'm putting my money to that! and then somehow finding money for the honeymoon... oh well. somehow it will work itself out!

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 pm

photobooth is out for us - as my sister is living in LA, we've decided to do a fairly decent USA trip this year to see her and travel around a but so i'm putting my money to that! and then somehow finding money for the honeymoon... oh well. somehow it will work itself out!

Since i always wanted to get married by elvis we are going over to Vegas for 10 days -- hoping might be able to do LA but dont know - and then travel back to oz on a boat for 28days stopping at a few different places... i was informed the other day we are stopping n New York before going Vegas... only thing our son will be almost 4 by then adn he will be with us too -- would be good if we could have the first 10 days together and then have our son fly over for the boat trip but i think hes too young to fly all that way alone

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 pm

just started the actual budget, breaking it down and i have already gone over the budget by 25% --- and i have cut things out but i dont know what else i can cut.... just freaking out already

beka

ssci1

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 pm

bekabulwinkle wrote:
just started the actual budget, breaking it down and i have already gone over the budget by 25% --- and i have cut things out but i dont know what else i can cut.... just freaking out already

beka

hmmm... yes.. budget.. one very evil word!
i freaked out initially when i saw how quickly things were adding up and we are having quite a "traditional" style wedding, therefore there is only so much you can cut out. We worked out a savings plan that works out how much we need to save each month before the big day which has really put things into perspective for us and made things manageable.

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:04 pm

yeah im going to do as much myself as possible -- stationary, lolly buffet, decorations ect i will at leat try - I am even going to try those button bouquets ...

I have over budgeted for some things, like i have put a blanket $500 for decorations and i still have a heap of stuff unused from the engagement party.....

i dont think we are spending too much our orginal budget was $10,000 and when i did the budget it was just under $12,300...

Im going to check our seeking services.com as well for some better prices for thigns..

beka

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:21 am

Thats not huge that's for sure! You're brave doing the button bouquet, I wouldn't know where to start!

Ive gone on u tube and looked at instructional videos -- its not as hard as it looks if you just think og doing one stem at a time

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm

whoo Hoo -- i have secured a amazing photographer for up to 6 hours for $600 with all photos on disc, turns out it wa a girl i went to school with but thats her usual prices...

if you in brisbane check her out http://www.facebook.com/#!/SecretBusinessImages

so amazing its almost a $1000 less than what i budgeted.... jumping for joy... well not jumpping but sitting for joy

beka

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:38 pm

bekabulwinkle wrote:
Thats not huge that's for sure! You're brave doing the button bouquet, I wouldn't know where to start!

Ive gone on u tube and looked at instructional videos -- its not as hard as it looks if you just think og doing one stem at a time

Much simpler than the felt one I'm doing!! So many tuts out there for button and brooch bouquets, but only etsy shops for buying felt bouquets, no tuts :(

I'm doing this for my bouquet:

and this for my bridesmaids:
(tut: http://www.labellebride.com/2012/01/18/ ... r-bouquet/)

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 am

wow the look amazing -- i havent really figured out Etsy yet? - i find it kinda wierd to use, but i really havent spent time going through it... where did you get the felt flowers from, i was thinking of just making my own, the one im looking at doing is

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:08 pm

bekabulwinkle wrote:
wow the look amazing -- i havent really figured out Etsy yet? - i find it kinda wierd to use, but i really havent spent time going through it... where did you get the felt flowers from, i was thinking of just making my own, the one im looking at doing is

Thats so cute :) Nice detail under the bouquet too!

I'm making my own, cos its too expensive ordering one from Etsy (or wherever else its sold) cos of P&P into SA. Just going to buy felt and take my time hand sewing each flower :)

Not sure how to attach the flowers to the stems though. Thinking thats why the buttons are on each flower so the wire so that pokes through the flowers and then is bound as a stem below that (if that makes sense)

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:14 am

the wire is treaded through the buttons and twisted into a stem, you can cover each stem with florist tape or keep it as plain wire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NVXBd745x8

check this out, it doesnt show you how too but lets you see each stem - its more of a "look what i can do video" but it could give you an idea

beka

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:19 pm

January brides you know have your own thread to have a chat in!!!

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=132210

Snowygem

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:52 pm

FH and i purchased my E-ring on sunday.... *squee!!!!!* :D I have to pick it up because he lives 40 mins drive from the store and works all day - and I'm on uni holidays, and live 5 mins from it. Its getting resized from a size N to a J - i have tiny skinny fingers and hands so i had to get something small and delicate. Once i have it i am giving to FH because he still wants to do a "proper" proposal :) Though he joked if i started wearing it straight away that would save him the effort hehe!.

Ive also pencilled him in for the ABS expo on 4/5 Feb in the city. Still looking at Winter 2013, probably July 13 as it is the closest saturday to any anniversary day.

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:48 pm

FH and i purchased my E-ring on sunday.... *squee!!!!!* I have to pick it up because he lives 40 mins drive from the store and works all day - and I'm on uni holidays, and live 5 mins from it. Its getting resized from a size N to a J - i have tiny skinny fingers and hands so i had to get something small and delicate. Once i have it i am giving to FH because he still wants to do a "proper" proposal Though he joked if i started wearing it straight away that would save him the effort hehe!.

Ive also pencilled him in for the ABS expo on 4/5 Feb in the city. Still looking at Winter 2013, probably July 13 as it is the closest saturday to any anniversary day.

Congrad's - welcome to the world of wedding planning...lol

mskei

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi all,

Newbie to these wedding forums! I'm from Melbourne and getting married 18 January next year. Boyfriend, oh, I mean...FIANCE! proposed last year. We are having both reception and ceremony at the Gables in East Malvern. I have booked a photographer (Clare Metcaff) but haven't booked anything else yet. I must admit reading through these forums has made me a little nervous about starting to get organised - so many of you girls are getting married later than me and have already booked so many things!!

ssci1

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 am

don't stress, i'm just going with the flow of things.. people are surprised at how much we've booked in and decided on, but we haven't been putting any pressure on ourselves to do stuff, it just happens.
we bought my wedding band yesterday .... so excited :) i know its a little early, but it was perfect, and i got a deal we couldn't refuse!
i'm doing a little happy dance right about now.. the next time I see it will be on "the" day!

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:48 pm

i just have burst of wanting to do things and then for months i dont care so i figured i would get the big things out of the way - most of ht etime people only really start booking things 18 months out - th ething i have found is sit down with yoru FH and pin down the budget, guests and just what you both want - get him to write down 5 things that are must haves, you write down 5 and see how well they mesh --

if your FH is like most guys he will leave all the research up to you, you will give him 3 or 5 suggestions and from there the both of you can pick....

I have started thinking the wedding is only one day, its the marriage i want to focus on

beka

itsallgood_Samma

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi all

My name is Sam, new to the whole wedding thing and have been trawling the threads on this website for about 4 hours today, just reading and reading and reading... :P

FH proposed in Jan this year in FIJI, was absolutely beautiful.
Not even a month enagaged and we have booked our ceremony/reception already (i like to be organised) for 23/08/2013 at Poets Lane in Sherbrooke, VIC.
Having said that we have been together for 7.5 years already so happy to get on board with it straight away! Picked the 23/08 as it is the same week as our anniversary now.
We were looking around the Dandenongs and absolutely fell in love with this place. I always wanted a garden wedding and the staff were very helpful, quick to respond and flexible with what we wanted... oh and of course affordable :)

We have also booked our celebrant already too, one of the lovely ladies i work with is a marriage celebrant and was the absolute perfect choice to have someone we already know to share our day with us to make is special... now on to planning the rest of it.
Although now the reception is booked i feel like a weight is lifted and we can relax for a few months.

I am also going wedding dress shopping tomorrow with my MOH and Mum :)

All the best to all the 2013 brides and i look forward to hearing all the stories!!

xx Sam

Snowygem

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 pm

My FH asked me on Fri night to marry him :) Yay! In a couple of weeks we are going to to check out the venue - Carnarvon Golf Club, Lidcombe.

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 pm

My FH asked me on Fri night to marry him Yay! In a couple of weeks we are going to to check out the venue - Carnarvon Golf Club, Lidcombe.

congrad's

beka
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07