A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: 2013 brides

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Org that is like the dress I've been imagining! Except id like a v-neck top with lace sleeves!
I'm going to have to save this pic for inspiration! (if you don't mind)

I dont mind --- im still not sure about it -- but for $30 its not too much to lose if its crappy or a scam .... it ended up costing $2.17 with postage of $25... i dont know how they can do it for that but i will see

beka

PS - I have the veil as well --- im hand sewing beads on it at the moment, its a 3 metre veil

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 pm

so was it someone who seemed to have an ebay store, or was it an individual who was wanting to sell the dress?

it was a shop -- http://stores.ebay.com.au/romantic-bride

hope that helps

Angerah

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:25 am

Recently engaged (27th feb) looking to share ideas with other 2013 brides :)
No venue yet! So no lock in date but we are hoping 27th april

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:25 pm

We have our date confirmed with both church and reception venue, we have a photographer booked and the main fabric for our outfits has arrived. The plan is to start sewing 1 year out (so end of July to beginning of August this year) and hopefully have them finished 6 months out (by the end of Summer 2013) so when I'm working on organising things like invitations, seating charts, decorations etc. I'm not worried about trying to fit sewing my dress into the middle of that.

Angerah

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 am

Waiting on emails back from the Golden Ox redcliffe to see if they are as flexible as they say,
If we can get all that we want :) We're going to go with it. My FFIL also knows the owner
and we are hoping that will help (not with cost) with maybe negotiating room min numbers....

WISH ME LUCK! I want to book for April 27th next year NOW!

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 am

i got that email rubywoo

chlotoe

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey Ladies.

Hope it is ok if i join in on your exciting times. We got engaged in 2010 but was in no rush to get married then. Now we have set a date for the 4th May 2013. I am so excited. We aren't getting married where we live. We are going to be getting married in Townsville.

Went over there last week and we have booked the venue for the ceremony and reception which are both at the Mercure. I have also found my dress and i am in love with it.. :heart:

Has everyone got a theme or idea on what style of wedding you would like?? We are having a vintage wedding.. Tryinig to find ideas for centrepieces.

Congrats to everyone and i can't wait to share all the exciting time together...

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:39 pm

hehehehehehehe

mums are amazing at helping when they feel like it -- i love my mum but she seems to come up with the weirdest ideas that are not practical --- and then i feel bad for saying no.....

ssci1

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Ashling wrote:
*sigh* mum is "helping" again.

hehe yes i'm experiencing that... i get a lot of "but" to which I say NO! and she doesn't mind thankfully lol love her to pieces... so i just smile, listen and nod a lot of the time!

we got a quote back for FH ring and came in at what we were thinking.. so will be checking it out this w/e ... YAY to progress!!

Angerah

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:22 am

YAY!

Booked a venue yesterday. On our way now, finally feel like a bride, the biggest thing done and dusted.

We booked the Golden Ox for the 27th April 2013
Last edited by Angerah on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

amz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi all

Im getting married 2/2/13 and i cant wait

im having mine at grange golf club. I just finished making the save the date cards and will post them tomorrow :D

ssci1

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 am

YAY! welcome Amz!!

Ohhh Ashling.. you are going really well.... my FH is starting the suit search today.. i think he's realised that he's now the one that has to catch up as I've got everything for my BMs and pretty much everything for myself except the shoes. I've got the wedding invite templates which FH loves (YAY!) so heading this weekend to buy all the materials so they're ready to go... giving myself plenty of time to DIY these!

ssci1

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:12 pm

thats exactly what i told FH as we have an "idea" of what we're up for with his suit and the GMs... but until i know for sure.... then i'm not committing to any other things.. just to put my mind at ease.. and we need to save for the honeymoon :)

BMs gifts... this is a tricky one.. i was thinking that, but im not sure .. are you buying their outfits? they haven't seen the earrings or bracelets that I bought them, so I figured that they would be their gift as I'm paying for everything for them... eiikk whats the general go on these things?

ssci1

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:14 pm

i know.. its been playing in the back of my mind.. even though i've bought their outfits... i still feel like i need to do an extra little something.. they're all so special to me!!!

Angerah

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:18 am

So far organised:

Paid deposit on Recepetion and paid for ceremony. http://www.thegoldenox.com.au
Tentative Date booked and confirming with Celebrant today http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ceremonies-with-Elfia/374517756247
Organised my engagement Shoot with Bianca Newling Photography. https://www.facebook.com/BiancaNewlingPhotographer

Emailed requests about cakes to several cake places requesting costs... who knew chocolate, flour, water, eggs could cost so much! hehe
Have emailed https://www.facebook.com/BlissFloralDesign as her flowers are STUNNING!

One thing i'm going to have trouble with for sure is the dress... I know I've got ages, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long time coming. I feel a lot of dresses look like curtains / drapes, I am a size 18 so again another snag (hopefully will be on my way to again smaller clothes in time). Can't wait for all of you to start dress shopping so I can get ideas on where to go. Has anyone had any experience with this yet?

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 pm

i just messaged one of my bridesmaids about getting measurements -- she came back "ohh all ready" i know its not until next year but still im trying to buy the dresses cheaper since a friend of my mums is going over to china and might be able to ge tthe dresses i want for less than $50 each -- she then kinda bitched at me and said since we dont see each other anymore and i had other people in the wedding she wasnt needed

mishy

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:52 pm

rubywoo wrote:
Did anyone else in this thread recieve a spam PM from a Qld photog? Random!

Me too!! So very random

ssci1

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

bekabulwinkle wrote:
i just messaged one of my bridesmaids about getting measurements -- she came back "ohh all ready" i know its not until next year but still im trying to buy the dresses cheaper since a friend of my mums is going over to china and might be able to ge tthe dresses i want for less than $50 each -- she then kinda bitched at me and said since we dont see each other anymore and i had other people in the wedding she wasnt needed

Oh dear, that's not good :(
Best you tackle this straight on and maybe reinforce why you specifically chose her to be a part of this... and that you need her to be here for you.
I've already bought the girls dresses.. It's not unreasonable at all.

bekabulwinkle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:38 am

We spoke, well as you cAn on line and i understand her reasons so i said its all right for her to pull out, we are still friends. It just kinda annoyed me in a way - she was bitching about not having money and shes known about it since last october and we are not getting marrie until oct 2013 - and i wasnt asking for them to spend alot of money, no more than $200. Yes i know its is a lot of money, but i was picking a simple black dress, they could wear whatever shoes they wanted....

anyway, its done now.......

ssci1

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Just got my BMs earrings from lulu splendour.... Even better than what I thought they'd look like... So excited!!!!!

Anyone come across flat bridal shoes?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.03