A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2012

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend misteri! I would be a little disappointed that your hairdresser wouldn't do your hair properly! Did you like what she did?

I thought I'd post a pic of the location where we are trying to get out photos done...

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

My hens is this weekend too misteri!! What are you doing for yours after the dress fittings?

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:54 pm

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
Sounds like you had a great weekend misteri! I would be a little disappointed that your hairdresser wouldn't do your hair properly! Did you like what she did?

Yeah I was a bit disappointed. She put a couple of curls into my hair to see how it would handle them, and then put it up roughly. I really liked her ideas and I'm confident that she has a solid plan of attack, so I'm not worried about how it'll go on the day.

LOL, I set FH two little tasks - picking his cufflinks (which he only picked, I had to then order them!), and going through the wine list (which I had to add a sparkling, another white and another red to!). Then yesterday going home after work, he was soooo pleased with himself for having gotten them done. I just had to giggle at him, and then remind him of the giant spreadsheet of tasks that I have completed without him.

Today I am working on the seating plan and getting all the information together to send to our venue. We have ended up with 65 people, so that's 3 tables of 8 and 5 tables of 7. We've decided to go for round tables instead of rectangular, so now I am going to get some round mirrors to put under the centrepieces.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:38 pm

That's exactly right! I felt like patting him on the head and telling him that he's a good boy.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:16 pm

misteri82 wrote:
LOL, I set FH two little tasks - picking his cufflinks (which he only picked, I had to then order them!), and going through the wine list (which I had to add a sparkling, another white and another red to!). Then yesterday going home after work, he was soooo pleased with himself for having gotten them done. I just had to giggle at him, and then remind him of the giant spreadsheet of tasks that I have completed without him.

Haha... I gave FH 1 task.... he couldn't even do that!!! Then when we went to look at photo locations on the weekend he started asking a few questions... which I had answers for straight away of course... then he says... I'll be glad when this things all over! (meaning because of all the organising) I gave him a bit of an astonished look and he says, I know you have organised most of it, but don't think I don't think about things!! hahaha!! Wowsers! Imagine if he was actually organising anything!! :lol:

I've been working on the seating plan today too. Still waiting on a couple of RSVP's but have an idea of what I will do if they don't come. If they do come we will have a total of 94 adults & 10 kids. We have a total of 10 tables, plus the bridal table & kids table. Our tables range from 7 people to 10 people, depending on what I could work out with who was best to sit with who.. if that makes sense.

I think we have found the owner of the property where we want to get photos taken!!! YAY!!! A guy I work with has a brother who lives in that area and I showed him a photo of the place in case who knew who owned it....and he did!! So he's going to get his brother to give me a call with this guys details!! Yay! :D

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 am

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
then he says... I'll be glad when this things all over! (meaning because of all the organising) I gave him a bit of an astonished look and he says, I know you have organised most of it, but don't think I don't think about things!! hahaha!! Wowsers! Imagine if he was actually organising anything!! :lol:

My FH says this to me too. They don't seem to understand that just thinking about things doesn't get them done!

I could REALLY use a quiet day at work to get my reception details all done... but alas... I have buckets of work to do. I should probably get onto that instead of reading the forums...

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 am

One month to go!

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 pm

misteri82 wrote:
One month to go!

soooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am

15 days of work left!

Over the weekend I made our placecards, which actually took me a lot longer than I thought it would... but's all done now. I even grouped them into tables, so they are all ready to go.

I also spent some time struggling with my boutonnière. I wanted to make something like this:

But as you can see the flower in that faces forward, whereas my flowers face upwards. Also my flowers are paper and the one in the picture is ribbon. I'm not sure if those additional elements will work with a paper flower. I think I will just end up making them as one single flower, which I think is kind of boring.

Things to do this week include making 4 more flowers for the reception tables, and continuing with making the origami flower balls for the ceremony. We also need to sit down and have a big talk about music... we need to pick our songs. This is something I've been avoiding, because while we both LOVE music, our tastes are different. Also I don't want FH to scoff at the song I have my heart set on (Marry Me by Train).

Oh God, I just realised this is the LAST weekend I have free before the wedding! Next weekend I will have visitors for my hens, the weekend after that I have to go to Sydney to have my final fitting and collect my dress. I think the panic is about to set in!
Last edited by misteri82 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 am

Gah!!! I just realised yesterday that the ceremony venue was supposed to be paid 6 weeks before the wedding!!!! It's now 4 weeks to go!!! :evil: And they are closed Monday - Wednesday! So I can't contact them until Thursday! Unless they answer my email.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 am

I'm surprised they haven't send you a reminder invoice... all my suppliers haven't been shy about reminding me that payments are due! Our reception payment is due 2 weeks out. I've sent them our final details, so I'm waiting to get their invoice. Fingers crossed it's not too scary.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 am

Nope, not a thing! I have been on the phone to them 3 or 4 times in the last couple of months & they haven't even mentioned it. The piece of paper I found yesterday says that it has to be paid 6 weeks out or the booking will lapse! :?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Lets hope all is good!

8O I just realised we're within a month - so we can check the long range weather forecast!!!! (Not that I really believe it!) But it's saying nil % chance of rain! Yay!!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Ooh... What's the link for the long range forecast?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 am

I just use Elders Weather .... http://www.eldersweather.com.au/
Go to where it says 'Local Weather' and put in the post code, select the town/suburb. Then there's a big table that has the forecast for the week at the bottom of that table to the right it should say 'area' 28 day rainfall forecast, click on that, agree to the terms & it will bring up the chances of rainfall for each day for the next 28 days :)

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks! It says Low for me... let's hope it stays low or even moves to Nil! Me and my paper flowers will NOT be impressed if it rains.

I'm regretting starting my 'x number of work days left' countdown, because it's making this week go by sooooo slowly. And I'm really busy at work, I hate to think how slowly it would be going if I wasn't!

During our reception, we're going to have a photobooth. We bought a Polaroid camera for this but we aren't happy with how it performs in low light and the print quality is horrible. So I think we are going to use my DSLR hooked up to a laptop hooked up to a printer... I've found some software that automates the whole process so you just have to hit the space bar to start, but I need to test the whole setup to see if it is seamless enough for a drunk person to figure out :)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Yay! Low! That's good!

Hahaa...yeah...the countdown is a killer! I haven't started it yet because I'm too scared to think about it! I have so much to do between now & then!!! We're harvesting at the moment and will be next week too...so going to be flat out right until I leave for holidays! Pluc because Christmas is coming up we're having a bit intake of commodities to keep stocks up so we don't run out while everyone's closed! So many trucks! So much grain! So many phone calls!!! And still I'm on WC!! :lol:

I'm so worried I'm going to forget something! I have gone over checklists & stuff & pretty sure everything's covered, but still... I know me... and I know I'll forget something!!!

Finally got an email back from the ceremony venue, all is good! They obviously don't inforce the pay 6 weeks out rule, she didn't even mention it, just gave me the bank account details, told me how much we owe & said looking forward to seeing you at your rehersal! So that's great! All that stress for nothing!

Misteri that photobooth idea sounds great!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:32 am

And so the sleepless nights begin!

3 weeks out & it's all getting o-so-real! Having so much trouble sleeping, my mind is racing with thoughts constantly of what I might have forgotten! I'm trying to be calm about it all, but my mind has different ideas!!

Meeting with the venue today to get everything sorted & finalised. Then going to see my flower girl to try on her out fit....and have 1 more attempt at trying to get my brother to bring his kids to the reception so they can spend a bit of time with our family for a change instead of constantly being with SIL's family!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 am

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
3 weeks out & it's all getting o-so-real! Having so much trouble sleeping, my mind is racing with thoughts constantly of what I might have forgotten! I'm trying to be calm about it all, but my mind has different ideas!!

Glad it's not just me! Keep a pen and paper next to the bed so you can jot down any brilliant ideas you have throughout the night.

This weekend I need to have a serious look at the pile of wedding stuff that's growing in our spare room, and see what I still need to get and what I probably won't use. Also got a bunch of little wedding errands to do, most of them are picking up small things from the shops. I also need to start Christmas shopping... my sister decided that we HAVE to do Christmas, so we're going to do a family dinner the night before we fly out for our honeymoon. I'm not going to put much effort into presents this year though.

My rock candy bomboniere arrived yesterday, but I think I will hold off doing that until the week of the wedding. I have all that week off and I don't think it will take very long to do. Actually I'm not sure whether I should do it at home, or if I should wait until we go down to the Snowy Mountains and do it there. It might just be easier to move the glass jars in their current packaging rather than having to re-pack them.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am

Today is the halfway point of November! Only half a month to go!

I haven't ticked many more things off my to do list over the past week, but I feel like we are on track. We have submitted all our event information to our venue and made the final payment. Everything is now paid except for the hairdresser and makeup artist (who get paid on the day) and the bar tab (which gets charged to our room).

Things to do this week:
- I'm STILL making flowers, but I'm almost done with them, so finish these off
- Compile a list of combinations of people for the photographer
- Pick our music (still putting this one off, but I think tonight may be the night)

My sister and her partner are coming down tomorrow for our hens, so I have been madly cleaning the house. I'm also throwing a 2nd birthday party for our little dog (crazy I know) on Saturday morning while her kelpie cousins are in town. Friday night I will be busy baking a human and a doggie cake for her party :)

Earlier this week I was really stressing over my hens... it was like the night was cursed! Everything I tried to organise or book just didn't work out. I decided it was all too hard so I am having a pajamas themed BBQ at home. It should be fun, I hope.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.17