A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2012

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 pm

^^ I know!! I can't believe it!! FH and I were talking last night about how quickly it has come around (and how quickly it'll all be over)! He's actually starting to get excited now :D

I think I have everything organised. Well as much as I can for now. I am taking my a couple of my nieces dress shopping this weekend... which should be interesting! One is absolutely stunning (well they all are of course!), but is going through a tom-boy stage & wont even look at a dress let alone wear one. She wears baggy t-shirts & shorts EVERYWHERE! Another is just like me when I was younger - tall, skinny & gangly! So very hard to shop for... everything that fits her body is too short and everything that is the right length swims on her! And the other one is similar - tall & skinny, but she's a bit older, so hopefully we should find something for her. She already had something, but now it's too short for her because she's grown so much in the last 2 months! Still I'm looking forward to it, because I get to spend the day with them. :D

I took a few flower girl dress options to my FG last weekend & worked out what she will wear. She might be a bit of a challenge on the day too... she's too & currently into dressing in super hero costumes like spiderman, superman, buzz lightyear! ... not into fairies or princesses at all!! haha! ... anyway, we'll see how she goes on the day. The dress we ended up picking for her is one I found in target, will post some pics soon. It originally had black lace and a black flower, but I have taken that off & replaced with our colours. I'm really happy with it. :)

Misteri have fun at your doggy/human party! It sounds like fun!! :D And of course your hens night! Hope it turns out great!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am

4 DAYS OF WORK LEFT FOR THE YEAR!!!!!!!! :D

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 am

YAY! Five days for me :D :D :D

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:55 am

Is anyone doing an Order of Service?? I'm still contemplating whether I should do one or not.

I want to do one because it'd be nice to have and our guests will know what's going on..

I don't want to do one because I can't be bothered making it haha I just want the planning to be overrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 pm

$35 seems like a good price for replating! I'm not going to do mine, but I will give it a good clean.

We aren't doing an order of service... our ceremony is going to be super quick.

1 hour and 12 minutes left of work for the year!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Noooo... it's now showing a high chance of rain for next Saturday! It's still a bit early to predict so I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for sunshine.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am

Now that it's Monday, I can say I'm getting married this week!

I'm up in Sydney ATM, today I have my final fitting and get to take home my dress! Squeeee!

My relatives from Singapore and Malaysia arrived on Saturday, so we had a big family dinner last night. We received two wedding presents and a few money envelopes. From my sister, we got a Nespresso machine that we have been secretly eyeing, and from my brother we got a Dyson vacuum cleaner that I wanted. I'm really impressed that they actually not just got us stuff that we wanted, but the right stuff!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 am

8O this week!!!!

Misteri that's great on the present front!! Don't worry about the weather, mine has changed about 7 times since I first looked at it!! It's gone from nil to low, back to nil, to low again, nil, medium, nil, medium & currently a 40% chance of 5-10mm! I figure, there's nothing I can do about the weather, I'm prepared for if it does rain and that's about all I can do. It's out of our control, so whatever happens, happens. Of course I'm hoping for a bright sunny day, but if it isn't then there's nothing anyone can do - we're still getting married & I'm sure we'll still have a great day!

I've found myself super relaxed in the final week! I'm not worried about too much or too anxious...but in saying that I'm not as super excited as I thought I would be. I guess when my BM's get here & we start doing spray tans & nails etc I will start to get excited. It's weird - I was more excited a month or 2 or 3 ago then I am now!
Last edited by nickncarolyn1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 am

omg misteri they are awesome presents!!!!! lol we're hoping for a coffee machine and if we get enough money, we're going to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner and then use the rest for our honeymoon.

only 3 sleeps to go!!!!! We've had 3 guests pull out this week, like seriously, w-t-f! So it's been quite an irritating week.. I have reprinted the seating charts that many times, I'm doing it once more tonight. Then I have tomorrow and Friday off work, with both days full of errands to be done! but that's great because time will fly!

I'm not too concerned about the weather, photographers get some amazing photo's on rainy days and honestly, I wouldn't mind some of those photos. Sometimes the photo's look better with rain than just blue sky. But at the moment Saturday is forecast for blue skies but I don't expect it to stay like that. So I'm with you nickncarolyn, since the weather is our of our control, the day will be amazing nonetheless! Glad to hear you've been really relaxed!

It's crazy to think that other people are getting married on the same day, I mean there's us three and then there will be so many others who don't even use this forum! exciiiiiitiiiiing!

I probably won't get back on here before Saturday so if I don't, you ladies have an amazing day!!!! if things go wrong, don't stress about it, you're getting married to the love of your life, your best friend and that's all that matters! mwaah! xox

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Mjulz87 wrote:
We've had 3 guests pull out this week, like seriously, w-t-f!

How annoying!

Got my dress on Monday, it's hanging in our dining room in the bag. I'll take it out if the bag tomorrow when we get to the snowy mountains. We've been flat out doing lots of little things since we got back on Monday evening, nearly through the giant list! We have also been tidying up our house (the new vacuum is awesome!), as FH's family arrives this evening.

All the stuff for the reception is done now and packed up ready to go. I've written a list for the people helping to set up so they know where everything goes. Hope it all makes sense to them!

Tomorrow our wedding weekend begins as we'll be driving down to the Snowy Mountains!

I'm sure I'll be back before Saturday, but good luck to my wedding date triplets (or is it quads?) :)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 am

Hi ladies! 2 sleeps to go!!! Sounds like us December 1 ladies are all organised! :)
My first BM arrives today and we will go for spray tabs this afternoon & the boys will have their final suit fitting tonight. They are getting excited! FH came home the other night & said 'One day closer!!' So that was nice, sounds like he's getting excited!! I think he's actually more excited than me, which is pretty aw
awesome! I've never really seen him excited about anything - he's not one to show much emotion.

I had one guest pull out yesterday, for a pretty pathetic reason, so I'm a bit upset/angry/irritated about that, but on the other hand not at all surprised. She's always been one to cancel at the last minute - just thought that since its my wedding - not just some party or something, she might come through, but nope. A
Anyway, her loss - we'll still have an amazing time I'm sure!

I'm still pretty relaxed & not too excited, but I think when my BM turns up I'll start to get excited! I did get a little excited the other day when we were marking cattle & we had to put an eartag in one of my calves - we right the owners initials on the tag to identify who's it is - FH wrote what my new initials will be! That was a bit sweet!

Good luck to everyone on the 1st if we're not back on here before then. Hope you have amazing days & it's all you've dreamt it could be!! Enjoy every minute!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 am

So, not so calm anymore! My 600 'bite size' cookies I ordered, turned up not so bite sized & won't fit in my jars!!! So now I have to scour the town tomorrow to try to find something suitable the wont cost the earth!!! Hopefully I find something!! Really disappointed because I really wanted that rustic home made kinda feel and I said in every email 'bite sized' & even specified 1.5" the smallest of these are 2"!! And I'd gotten sample one from them to see how many I would need & they were the perfect size! Oh we'll, obviously it wasn't meant to be!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 am

How annoying! I hope you figure it out. If you can't find jars, then you can always wrap them in cellophane.

Because most of our wedding guests will be staying at the same resort as us, FH will be carrying around heart shaped balloons (mine are white, and his are red), and we will leave them outside the house we are in so people can drop by and say hello when they arrive. So I bought six white and six red foil balloons... but it was super hot yesterday and the white balloons have all lost their helium! At least the red balloons are still looking fantastic, so I guess I will be carrying around a red balloon too.

Yesterday was really hot and sunny, but this morning we woke up to a very cloudy sky and it's really windy! FH is very worried about the weather, but it will do as it pleases no matter how much we worry.

One more sleep to go!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:23 am

Just stopping in to say Good Luck to all you December ladies :D

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:59 am

I don't know about you ladies, but I'm way too awake to go back to sleep because it's our wedding day! Today's ladies - I hope you have a great day!

amyk33

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 pm

So i had my wedding at Cammeray Waters in vic on sat 15th and luckily (against all predictions) the weather stayed beautiful and im sure the photographer got some amazing shots. Here are a few that my mate took (not professional shots).
http://s1300.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... i/library/

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Beautiful pics Amy :)

We are still on our honeymoon but our photographer has posted some shots from our wedding on Facebook. You can view them here - http://s622.beta.photobucket.com/user/misteri82/library/Wedding%20-%20Professional%20Photos

All the best for your blessing Lawwa!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09