So far we have
- reception venue - booked and deposit paid
- photographer - booked and deposit paid
- DJ - booked and deposit paid
- accommodation for us and immediate family - booked and deposit paid
- dress - ordered and deposit paid
- jewellery - ordered and deposit paid
- save the date cards - sent

Next weekend I'm hoping to add celebrant, cake and flowers to the list! We've also managed to agree on a few other things, such as bomboniere and reception decorations, so I'm now able to start taking care of those items :)

AshleighJane1312

Re: December 2012

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am Ashleigh,

I have just joined this forum, and am having a blast reading everyone's posts.

I am also getting married in December 2012 on Thursday the 13th.

My FH and I are very excited, although I am only 20 this year and he is already 22, we have known each other since I was 12 going on 13 and have been together since I was 14, and he 16; The wedding has been a long time coming!!

Looking forward to participating in the forum!

Cheers :heart:

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Welcome Ashleigh!

Yesterday was my 7 months to go marker! I feel like I have soooo much time until the wedding, but looking back, April really flew by fast.

I'm stressed today because it's been raining all day and I know my invite and flower paper will have been delivered today and it's sitting by my front door. The rain hasn't been too heavy so it should be okay, but what if I got a really stupid delivery guy that put the box in the rain instead of under the awning!

AshleighJane1312

Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 am

Hello Everyone,

I am currently looking into celebrants for my wedding. Can anyone recommend someone?

My FH and I are not religious, but want the ceremony to be quite formal. A few people I have been looking at, just are not what we are looking for in terms of professionalism.

Thank you :D

lollyonline

Sun May 06, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm a 1st December bride (engaged 8 Jan 2012).

So far I have pretty much everything planned except:

- need to choose my getaway car
- need to have a consult with the cake lady
- need to sit down with my celebrant and do forms and design our ceremony
- need to work on all my DIY decorations
- choose music with the DJ
- design invites
- choose menu
- find hairdresser/makeup artist
- Book accommodation (I know where I want to stay)

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 23, 2012 3:01 pm

*poke* How are all the other lovely December ladies doing?

I haven't done anything wedding related for a few weeks. I'm waiting for the 6 month mark on June 1st to come and go before I start my paper projects - the origami flowers and starting to assemble my invitations. June should also bring a trip to Sydney for my brother and sister's birthdays, so we'll be visiting Ikea while we're up there to pick our candles, and hopefully also a jeweller to try out and order my wedding ring.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi,

Not too much happening here either, I'm a bit the same as you misteri82....waiting on the 6 month mark. I have been doing a little bit of playing around with invitation ideas. I had some that I was going to buy from Etsy and the lady sent me a sample so I could check it out and approve it... nothing ever arrived, so I emailed her and she said she was going to send another lot... that was about 6 or 7 weeks ago and I haven't seen or heard a thing from her. So I decided I'm going to make my own.

I really want to get cars sorted out soon, but can't find anything that we like. The car clubs aren't being overly helpful, they have just said that they aren't aware of any of their members with a limousine licences, so that got us nowhere!

I can't believe how fast the year is going!! May already! Nearly June! It'll be wedding time before we know it!!! :D :D :D

AshleighJane1312

Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 am

nickncarolyn1 wrote:
I can't believe how fast the year is going!! May already! Nearly June! It'll be wedding time before we know it!!! :D :D :D

OMG tell me about it, I have been so flat out sorting wedding stuff that I got behind in my uni assignments, thankfully I submitted none late, but there have been many late nights!

Our save the dates only just arrived from our supplier we ordered them over a month ago, so we can only just send them out, we're sending them on Saturday. So I can understand your frustration on the esty issue (even though I did not order through them).

This last week, we have manged to book ceremony location, hair and make up, photographer, and hotel for night of and before wedding! Finally we are getting somewhere!

Hope everyone else's planning is going well, I agree December is coming fast. :-)

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi ladies,

Well Friday marked the 6 month to go mark! Yay!

Things have been quiet for me as well. I've been emailing back and forth with the celebrant getting our ceremony completed. One more change and I think we will be done. Then will just need to work on my vows.

Yesterday we bought part of our centre pieces. Bunnings had these lovely wooden and glass garden lamps. The are nice and tall but because they are glass people will be able to see though them on the table. They were $30 each. We are going To put black and white pebbles in the bottom, then a big fat candle. On the top we will put flowers and foliage. I think they will look nice. And then we can use them to decorate our house and will always be there as a memory of our wedding day.
The best part...they were picked and organized by FH. I gave him the job because I was sick of him telling me he didn't like my ideas. So I said fine...you are doing it.

I also bought some reduced carnations at Woolies and had a go at making a posie to practice for my bridesmaid bouquet. It was quite easy and didn't take long. Gonna keep practicing though!

I'm on holidays in 3 weeks time. My bridesmaids and I are going dress shopping for their dresses and I will get all my invites prepared and ordered.

Things are starting to move now! It's exciting.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 am

miss-yvette83 how exciting! it sounds like it's all coming together!!! 6 months to go! How crazy! I think I'm organised... but who knows! Everything keeps changing!! FH and I went looking at suits on the weekend :D we didn't quite agree on what we wanted... but I guess this is FH's main 'contribution' (for want of a better word) so I will have to do some comprimising. Since it's December.. in QLD.. it's going to be pretty hot... so I thought the boys could go a bit more casual and not wear a jacket and just have really nice suit pants and a matching vest.... but FH wants the lot... whole suit & tie... so now I've got to find ties that I like that match the BM dresses and hanky things and cufflinks! All things I thought we didn't need...but anyway...if it's what he wants then it's what we'll have.

We also had a quick look at rings for FH.....but because we hadn't planned to do that FH had a very hard time - apparently I put him on the spot and hadn't given him a chance to think about it!! :roll: we were only looking anyway - not making a decision - but it was all too difficult and FH got the poos! So that didn't last long. Note to self - always prepare/warn FH for possible similar encounters!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Hooray for passing the 6 month mark for us too!

I think we might also not have suit jackets. For some strange reason, FH hates them with a vengeance! I'm also not too fussed about whether or not he wears a tie... I just want him to be comfortable so I don't have to listen to him whine about wearing a suit.

I put together an invitation last night to see how it looks, and I'm really pleased! But it took me AGES to cut the paper and stick it all together, so I'm definitely going to be making a serious start on these really soon. I also need to start my origami flowers. Eep! How did it go from "I don't need to do that yet, the wedding is sooo far away" to "OMG, I have to start that ASAP!" in such a short amount of time?

We're heading to Sydney this weekend for my brother's and sister's birthdays, and will be visiting Ikea to hopefully choose what candles and holders we want to use. We're also going to visit a jeweller to try on wedding rings.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Haha... that's why I wanted our guys just to have the vest.....no tie, no jacket - I just wanted them to be comfortable and not whinging!! ... and because all of the boys are quite thin... and I hate when jackets look to big and make them look boxy.... sometimes they can drown them... hopefully we'll get a good enough fit with them and they wont look like that! But FH wants jackets and ties and cufflinks and what-not... so that's fine - he can have it.

I've done most of the prep work for our invitations - I've printed them all, cut the backing card, ribbon and lace to size, cut the rsvp and wishing well cards, tied most of my bows - probably have about 20 to go - so now pretty much all I have to do is cut the invitations down to size and put all the bits and pieces together!! :D - oh and print and cut the maps, but that shouldn't take too long, it's just a matter of cutting the card in half. Once that's done it's onto the name cards I guess... I'll put the lace on them and stamp them with my thank you stamp then leave them until we get the RSVP's to put the names on them.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm

I bought a huge reel of double sided sticky tape today, so I'm all ready to start mass producing my invites : )

Hmm... I really should try and squeeze in a manicure this week. My nails look shocking and I want them to look nice for when I try on rings on Saturday. What are you planning to do to your nails for the wedding? I'm not sure if I should go for a nice dark red, or if I should pick something pale?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm just getting a French mani and pedi. I don't wear nail polish very often and feel really weird when I do - like I'm using someone else's hands & feet :lol: plus nail polish doesnt last long on the farm!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 am

I don't wear nail polish very often either, I'm really terrible at applying it myself so I don't bother. But when I do, once I get over that feeling of having someone else's hands, I feel really special because it happens so rarely!

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm starting to work on strentghening my nails now. I don't want them super long for the wedding, but I want them to be a nice length.
I have a nice pale pearly colored nail polish that also has a bit of sparkle in it. I think I'm going to go with that. A nice neutral colour that will also be noticeable at certain angles and lights.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am

What are you using to strengthen your nails? I need to do that too!

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm an Avon rep. So I'm buying the Avon stuff to try. I'll let you know how it works!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Welcome Lawwa! Organising a wedding from the other side of the world sounds like a challenge!

I'm a little disappointed, the wedding ring I've been coveting doesn't go with my engagement ring, because it's flat with channel set diamonds and my e ring is a knife edge (slopes down on the sides coming to an edge in the middle). Next to a flat band it looks weird. The jeweller suggested that I consider a pave set ring instead so the shape of the two rings would match. Something like this, but I think the diamonds will be smaller and will go 3/4 of the way around the band.

I've got a month or so to consider. FH has a broken hand ATM so we have to wait for his cast to come off and then a few extra weeks before we can get his finger sized for his ring. This is very similar to the one he liked:

We also visited Ikea and I think we have chosen our candles. We are going for 6 or so 8cm pillar candles per table, with maybe 10 tea light candles. So we will need to buy those, plus the holders. We decided on having only white candles, instead of having a few red ones. Now to figure out how many tables we will have so we know how many candles to get.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm

You can't really have a knife edge on a channel set ring, unless the sides are really chunky. I have little fingers so my ring will only be about 3mm wide.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16