A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: December 2012

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:59 am

IT'S BEEN SHIPPED!!!!!!! I just got an email to say it has been sent!! Now comes the agonising wait for it to get here!! :D

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

YAY that's so exciting!

Paper to write on as well as the typewriter is a great idea. That way more than one person can do it at the same time : )

For the kids, I think I will give them play doh plus a lollipop. Then hopefully once dinner is over, they will get up and dance with their parents.

I am waiting on my hairdresser and make up artist to get back to me about doing trials the same weekend as we are doing the menu tasting. I really hope it works out because I don't want to take another trip down. The hairdresser is booked for a wedding at our venue for that weekend, so hopefully she can just swing by our room after she's done with the bridal party and do my trial then. The makeup artist works at the spa at the venue and I think she is also booked for the same wedding. Hopefully I will get to have a peek at the reception room to see how they have done it up! Oh, and while we're down there we should scout out some photo locations. I have one in mind that has these cool sculptures on their grounds, but when I emailed to ask permission, they said that some of the sculptures are under repair because of a big storm earlier in the year.

I'm not sure how to set up my guestbook. I have a photobooth, and I want the photos that come from that to go into the guestbook along with a message from the guest. But do you think I should provide double sided tape for the guests to stick their own photos in, or should I just give them blu-tac and I will go through it later and tape them all in?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah, I think I'll do the paper thing.

Oooo, play doh! Great idea!!

Hopefully you get to do your all your stuff in the one trip.

We are having a photobooth too and they provide tape to put the photo strips in the album (not that I'm using their album), but maybe ask them. If they are providing you with a guest book as part of the package I'd say they will do the tape?

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Ours is a DIY photobooth with a Polaroid camera, so there's no attendant. So I will be relying on my sign making and instruction writing ability to tell our guests what to do :)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Oh, ok, well maybe they wont supply it then! :lol:

I'd just use double sided tape then I think.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

5 weeks of work to go before I'm on 5 weeks leave! Yay!

This week we have done:
- chosen our bomboniere flavour for rock candy (my choice of passionfruit won, thankfully), and put in the order
- first dress fitting, and booked second fitting
- picked up my ring (FH's to come in the post)
- bought a pretty strapless bridal-y bra (then got told by the seamstress that I might not need it)
- paid off the honeymoon, only big thing left now is the reception package

Today is our RSVP deadline and I'm hoping that I come home to a stack of them... but I highly doubt it! We are still waiting on a lot of people to respond, including my mother and brothers... slackers.

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm

oh no Lawwa, you better get onto them!!

I've been wanting to do my DIY bouquets but just to buy the flowers is so expensive and now I'm contemplating whether to just buy them or make them...for about $100 more, I can have them made..I think. haha :/

Anyhow I just had my first dress fitting!! Good news is my hem doesn't need to be taken up (with my shoes on) and bad news is, the dress will be a bit of work on the beach! She suggested that I hold my bouquet in one hand and lift the dress in the other.......and I can assure you that, that will not be happening! that is not how I want to look in my photo's, walking down the aisle. I'll just put up with it and give the petticoat some little kicks haha

Mysteri82, did you go home to a stack of RSVP's???? When I was picking up my veil the other week, the ladies told me that some people don't even send their RSVP's, they just turn up on the day! I don't mind if my family don't give me their RSVP's because I KNOW they will be there....but friends and other relatives is a different story...we're still waiting on about 22 RSVP's and it's due by the 31st Oct! I think we will just need to ring people a few days before the due date and see where they're at. I gave everyone a return self-stamped envelope, how hard is it to return it with a yay or nay!?

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:12 pm

No, there were only three in the mailbox that day, I got four the following Monday. I only have a few ones still outstanding, and I'm getting the families to chase those up for me. Like you, I don't mind that I didn't get them from my immediate family (though I have asked them to send them anyway), but I don't have a number for random uncle X or cousin Y that mum wanted me to invite... so she can chase them up for me.

How rude not to send your RSVP back, and then just turn up on the day! I have been not-so-subtly reminding people via my Facebook status. One week before the due date was "Just so you know, October 19th is only a week away, so you should be putting your Response card in the post by Wednesday at the latest. No card, no cake!". Then on the Wednesday, I had "It's Wednesday, the day you should put your Response card in the supplied envelope and drop it in the post box. And yes, you do have to send the card even if you're not coming". I got a few people messaging me, either to check I got theirs or to assure me it's on the way, so it seemed to have worked!

Mjulz87 - why does your dress need some work on the beach? My dress has a bit of a train... it's not that long, but it didn't occur to me that it will be dragging along the ground behind me until I bustle it up. I'm wondering if it's going to get completely filthy underneath!

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 pm

The back of the dress isn't a problem, it's the front. Because when I'm walking, the front is dragging backwards towards underneath my feet.. So hopefully it isn't too much of a pain walking down the aisle, but it's not going to be as easy as it would be if it could be hemmed up, or as easy when I'm wearing my shoes. If she was to hem it up, then the dress would be too short because when I'm wearing my shoes with it, the dress length is PERFECT....and I looked for shorter white heels, that I actually liked, and didn't find anything! so I guess because I'll be at the reception longer than I'll be walking down the aisle, I can put up with it. I just don't want to be holding the front of the dress up so I can walk properly (down the aisle), as it will look ugly in photo's.

Does that make sense?

That is a great idea misteri!! and it's nice to see that those who did send it, wanted to acknowledge that you received it! I would do something like that on my Facebook except most of my partner's friends aren't on my Facebook AND the ones that are, have already sent their RSVP's....And you will believe this, but my partner has his bucks this weekend and apparently his friends haven't responded to those invitations either....like what the hell is with people??

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Mjulz87 wrote:
The back of the dress isn't a problem, it's the front. Because when I'm walking, the front is dragging backwards towards underneath my feet.. So hopefully it isn't too much of a pain walking down the aisle, but it's not going to be as easy as it would be if it could be hemmed up, or as easy when I'm wearing my shoes. If she was to hem it up, then the dress would be too short because when I'm wearing my shoes with it, the dress length is PERFECT....and I looked for shorter white heels, that I actually liked, and didn't find anything! so I guess because I'll be at the reception longer than I'll be walking down the aisle, I can put up with it. I just don't want to be holding the front of the dress up so I can walk properly (down the aisle), as it will look ugly in photo's.

Does that make sense?

Mjulz can you put a hoop under it? Hoops keep the skirt away from your feet so you don't keep stepping on it.

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am

Yeah I am using a 1-hoop.

I have an idea, tell me what your thoughts are! Maybe I can somehow pin the dress up a bit? Maybe I'll just pin it into the bottom bit of the hoop.....do you think that would work?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 am

So the hoop doesn't hold it out from your feet?

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Not really....I mean if I went for a 3 hoop it would do the job but I don't want the dress to be that full..

haha Lawwa I was thinking I could do just little kicks and maybe nobody would notice :/

ouch! no you don't want to have to go out to do your makeup, they have to come to you! you get photo's done whilst having it done....hopefully you find somebody...asap!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I've only walked about 2 metres in my dress, from the dressing room to the mirror, so I've got no idea what it's like to walk in. I will definitely keep that tip about little kicks in mind though!

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am

haha yeah I haven't walked far in my dress either, and the lady who is doing my alterations does her work from home, in a small bedroom, so all I could do is step twice towards the mirror, it really didn't help but I'll be practising to walk in the dress.

Well we got out first RSVP yesterday whom said they could not make it....and now we're just waiting on about 20 more RSVP's!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 am

After today, I only have four more weeks of work until I'm on leave for the rest of the year! It's starting to become alarming close!

This week I have been frantically trying to find more red paper, last night FH just told me to order it from the States because it was driving me nuts not being able to find the same shade. My flowers are turning out so great that I want to make more of them, but I also need the red paper for other things. And I haven't even thought about boutonnière yet! We finally got FH's suit organised, and the guy at the shop told me that I need to go to a florist and get a special pin to tape the flower to. It's shaped like a crucifix and has a safety pin in it. So I will go and do that soon, maybe today if work is slow.

We are going down to the Snowy Mountains tomorrow for 2 nights. We'll be doing our menu tasting tomorrow night, and then I have my hair and makeup trials on Saturday. My hair and make up ladies have another wedding to do at the same place, so they will already be there, which is really convenient for everyone! While I am doing this on Saturday, FH is going mountain bike riding with a mate, so I will have lots of time on my own on Saturday to start to seriously tackle the seating chart, and other little details.

I've been trying to organise my hens party, and I'm regretting agreeing to it in the first place. First of all, I don't need more things on my to do list! And it's just one huge reminder that I don't have that many girl friends. Having moved away from my hometown of Sydney, going to uni late and also studied IT (which is a very male dominated area), this has left me with only a few friends that are girls, but no one that is super special or close. I made a booking for 12 for high tea, but I only have 6 people coming, and two of those are my sister and her partner! I think I will just invite the boys as well as the girls to make the table of 12.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 am

I've only got 4 weeks left of work too! I go back on the 7th January. So having 6 weeks off!! I'm so excited!!!

Man-o-man... time is just flying by! Our weddings will be here before we know it! I finally go my dress yesterday! Yay! I will need to get it taken in a bit, but other than that it's perfect... even more beautiful than I had remembered!

We are meeting with the photographer on Sunday to go through everything & check out some locations for photos. I'm having my hair trial next Friday... then will hopefully go from that to my dressmaker to get my alterations done, so I will be able to see my hair with my dress :). Then the following Saturday I have my make-up trial.

I've probably left it a bit late...but I've just started a bit of a health kick - not to loose weight, but just to start feeling better & healthier and hopefully improve my skin & general appearance. I'm trying to drink a lot more water & eat more fruit. Which means more trips to town to buy fresh fruit more often, but I guess it's worth it.

I'm waiting on about 8 RSVP's (14 people), so hopefully they will show up soon so I can finalise my seating chart.

misteri, I think if you have close guy friends then go ahead & invite them to your hens! Just because they are boys shouldn't mean that you can't enjoy this time with them. Screw tradition!! :D

Mjulz87
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

I have to disagree....I don't think boys should be at yours hens. Who cares how many people you have, it's not about the numbers it's about the memories! I don't have that many friends either and I only have about 7 girls coming to my hens...

nickncarolyn, how fast is time flying!! The speed is definitely unmeasurable, I mean, it's almost the end of October!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:43 am

Well ladies, we're another weekend closer to our weddings!

We met with our photoghrapher this weekend & discussed with him what we wanted and where we would go. It's gotten me very excited! He has found a really great place to get location photos done - it's a property with an old worn down house, a set of old timber cattle yards and a windmill. It's perfect..... except he doesn't know who owns it... and FH and I are a little concerned with trespassing onto someone's place without them knowing. He's going to try to find out who the owner is between now & the wedding, but we're currently working on a back-up plan in case he can't. I have another place in mind, but we've just got to talk to the owners & see if we can use it.

I have my hens party this weekend! Wahoo!!! So my BM's are going to get here on Friday and have a dress fitting - I am really excited about this, as I haven't seen the dresses yet!! I will also take my dress to the dressmaker & see if she can take it in for me. Oh & I'm having my hair trial done too. So I'll get it done in the moring, then have my dress fitting - that way I can see my hair & dress together. I'll probably take all my jewellery too so I can get the full effect :D Also my sister (MOH) is going to help me with all the name tags & the table chart - she has beautiful hand writing, so she's going to write all the names for me. We'll also put the water bottle labels on the bottles, get paper for the typewriter & card for people to write on if they don't want to use the typewriter. Then hopefully all we'll have left to do is put the name tags on the jars & put the cookies in the jars. I won't get the cookies until a couple of days before the wedding, so I will have to wait until then to do that. But I will have one of my GM's here then to help me with that.

I still have to get my FG to try on her outfit & decide if I like it or not, I might have to find something else if I don't. But it shouldn't be too hard, if I get something else it will just be a simple white lace dress with some pretty flowers or something. I saw one in target a few weeks ago, so hopefully they will still have some if I need one.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am

Less than five weeks to go now!

We spent the weekend down at our venue, Lake Crackenback, the weather was AMAZING (apart from the artic breeze, there's still snow on the mountains!). There was a small wedding going on at the resort on Saturday, they had the same colour scheme as we do, but I didn't get to have a sneak peek at their reception set up.

We tasted our menu, and it was fantastic. We are going with pork belly and duck terrine for our entree, and waygu steak and fish with blue swimmer crab and sweet corn (it's kind of like a soup, but not... weird, but it works) for the main. Both are alternate drop. Dessert will be our cake.

I had my hair and make up trials... I thought the hairdresser was going to do my hair up completely, but she only did it very roughly to give me a general idea of how it's going to look. I am going for curls (I love curls!), half up, half down. My make up trial was really good, but it was weird to see myself with that much make up on... if I ever wear make up (which is rarely ever), it's usually just a smidge of mascara and eye liner.

I also spent a bit of time over the weekend walking around in the beautiful sunshine and looking for good places to take photos. I found a couple of places, but I really hope my photographer has more ideas! nickncarolyn - that property sounds awesome, that kind of scenery will make a fantastic backdrop for your photos! That's just the kind of thing I was looking for, actually.

Tonight I'm going to finish off my bouquet... after three times of thinking that I've made enough flowers and being wrong! I've just got four more to put in, and then I need to glue in the holder and wrap it in nice ribbon.

We've decided to go for a bar tab instead of a drinks package, we are hoping to save $1500-$2000 off our reception package doing it this way. Which is awesome, because we are rather over budget!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06