A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

February 2013

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:57 pm

A place for all February 2013 brides to discuss your ideas...

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: February 2013

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 am

Hooray!! I'm on the 9th Feb. I have booked my reception, church, cars (two seperate companies), videographer and photographer. Cake will almost be finished too. What has everyone else finished off? Just so I know if I'm being organised or not, haha!

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Ashling wrote:
I think that's pretty organised!

I've done a lot I think, I don't like having stuff not done and I've had a bit of time, I've done

Bought bridesmaid dresses, shoes, parasols and jewellery
Ordered flowers and they are being made
Chosen bridesmaid gifts, waiting for Etsy seller to make them
Booked my makeup trial for May
Chosen but not booked my hairdresser (my regular hairdresser)
Bought wings and started making wands for flower girls
Chosen groom and groomsmen suits, need to order them
Ordered my dress, waiting for it to be made
Bought my shoes, headband and ring
Ordered bracelet, waiting for it to arrive
Bought FH ring
Ordered my parasol, waiting for it to arrive
Booked venues
Started making invitations
Booked photographer
Booked DJ/MC
Booked photo booth
Ordered cake

Wow that's actually quite a bit when I write it all down together!

Oh ashling!! Way to make me feel like crap hahaha! I thought it was too early to do that stuff but I'm glad it isnt!! I'm going to get cracking on more things tomorrow :) hopefully I'll have my dj booked by tomorrow, Thursday I'm designing my dress with the dressmaker and Sunday the girls are coming in to try some bridesmaid styles on. I might get cracking on gifts and jewellery for myself, the BMs and the flower girls too. Oh boy! Does the list ever end? Haha!

Ohana

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello lovely Feb 2013 Brides :wink:

Just wondering if I could join in? We are getting married on 9 February 2013 at Lake Crackenback in the Snowy Mountains - same date as you tanieeyaa! We had our engagement party in March - so with that done and dusted, its time to move onto planning the wedding....

So far I have:
- Booked the receiption and paid the deposit
- Met with some celebrants and decided which one we are going with
- Organised the cake
- got some quotes for a live band
- looked at a couple of dress (mostly waaayyy above my budget)

This week I'm planning on:
- Organising the florist
- Making some appointments to meet with Photographers (for some reason I'm procastinating on this...)
- find and order my dress
- Let the celebrant we aren't going with know.

Wow Ashling... you've done sooooo much. Am I running behind or are you SUPER organised?

The one thing I'm unsure of is Bridesmaid dresses - all the stores I've been in have told me to wait until August when the new season dresses are coming out - but I feel this may be a little late - What do you girls think? When are you planning on organising you BM dresses?

ssci1

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Ohana wrote:
Hello lovely Feb 2013 Brides :wink:

Just wondering if I could join in? We are getting married on 9 February 2013 at Lake Crackenback in the Snowy Mountains - same date as you tanieeyaa! We had our engagement party in March - so with that done and dusted, its time to move onto planning the wedding....

So far I have:
- Booked the receiption and paid the deposit
- Met with some celebrants and decided which one we are going with
- Organised the cake
- got some quotes for a live band
- looked at a couple of dress (mostly waaayyy above my budget)

This week I'm planning on:
- Organising the florist
- Making some appointments to meet with Photographers (for some reason I'm procastinating on this...)
- find and order my dress
- Let the celebrant we aren't going with know.

Wow Ashling... you've done sooooo much. Am I running behind or are you SUPER organised?

The one thing I'm unsure of is Bridesmaid dresses - all the stores I've been in have told me to wait until August when the new season dresses are coming out - but I feel this may be a little late - What do you girls think? When are you planning on organising you BM dresses?

woooo hooo another 9th Feb bride!!!!
How exciting!!!
I've ordered my BMs dresses... they were holding me back from getting other stuff organised and I needed to have them done and dusted for my own piece of mind!!!

Ohana

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 am

Hey ssci1 - yeah, I don't think I actually want to wait until August. I really want the dresses as they will seal the deal with the colour scheme. We are thinking light pink or green, so I need to make sure the dresses will suit the colour scheme before I order everything in pink and green!

Yesterday I filled out our Notice of Intented Marriage and emailed the florist, so a bit more progress.

I'm hoping the demo CD from the band I like arrives today...

Next on the list is photographers I need to make appointments ASAP!

How is everyone else progressing? I want to hear about lol! :D

:heart: Ohana
Last edited by Ohana on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 am

Oh Ohana! Im so sorry to hear that! That doesn't sound good at all. Has your FH tried talking to him about it? Maybe because they are so casual they actually didn't think that it would affect you both. In regards to the BM dresses, you have plenty of time to order in August. Im ordering a couple now and a couple of dresses in August. I've got seven bridesmaids all wearing different style gowns, so the ones i am not entirely happy with i'll wait and see if the designer releases anything better :) AND im so excited we have the same wedding date :) hooray!! I feel like it always makes things easier talking to brides around or on my date :)

Ashling I didn't mean for you to feel the need to defend yourself! You are wonderfully organised and I aspire to get as much done as you :) your fantastic!!! and you are able to help us other feb brides more than you know :)

I'm in the process of making my bridal gown :) I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. I'm waiting for the desinger to gather up different fabrics for me to choose from. I'm designing a waited dress with a silk tulle skirt, white a silk bodice with beaded lace motifs over the bodice. I can't wait to see the final product!

ssci1

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:25 pm

just booked my wedding car.... sooooo excited :) there hasn't been a lot in this wedding that has been as I imagined (which is definitely not a bad thing!!!) but the car i've had my heart set on since I was little... YAY!!!

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:47 pm

ssci1 wrote:
just booked my wedding car.... sooooo excited :) there hasn't been a lot in this wedding that has been as I imagined (which is definitely not a bad thing!!!) but the car i've had my heart set on since I was little... YAY!!!

Wooohooooo!!! :) what type of car is it?

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Ashling wrote:
I can see this is going to be a very chatty thread, excellent!!!

I love it too! Haha :)

Ohana

Wed May 02, 2012 4:18 pm

tanieeyaa wrote:
Oh Ohana! Im so sorry to hear that! That doesn't sound good at all. Has your FH tried talking to him about it? Maybe because they are so casual they actually didn't think that it would affect you both.

I think we will just let it go to be honest. I just felt that they hadn't told us they were staying elsewhere because they knew it would upset us (i.e. me lol). Problem is that they will be trying to get everyone else from their side of the family to stay there as well. Anyho, I need not stress about it. We have booked another apartment for FH to stay in the night before the wedding and my BIL said he will stay their with him :)

tanieeyaa wrote:
I'm in the process of making my bridal gown :) I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. I'm waiting for the desinger to gather up different fabrics for me to choose from. I'm designing a waited dress with a silk tulle skirt, white a silk bodice with beaded lace motifs over the bodice. I can't wait to see the final product!

Wow sounds awesome. I can't wait to see it :wink:

ssci1 wrote:

Thats great you got the car you wanted. I've been a little the same about my wedding. I've always imagined it being at the resort we booked - so everything I looked at just didn't compare in the slightest! I'm so glad FH agreed, I would have been devestated!! It makes it easier when you know what you want!

AFM - I've been holidaying for the last week 8) We chilled at home for a little while, I went on a shopping spree and bought a new DSLR... then we spent 4 nights on a house boat - crusing around, fishing and sunning ourselves! Now back to the day to day grind.

Becuase I've been away, i've not really done much in the way of wedding stuff - I've paid our cake person, confirmed with our celebrant. The florist I wanted is going on holiday, but she recommended another one, so hopefully she'll be around.

As for dress shopping, I had a run in with my mum the night before we were suppose to go - so we didn't end up going - it was a stupid fight anyway about what I was going to wear to the dress shop - mum said that I had to wear a dress or work clothes (i.e. not jeans!). Given I was already sensitive she was pretty mean :(

So I really need to find a photographer - that is my task for the week! What do you girls aim to get done this week?

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Ohana you are so lucky to go away! I need a few days break from my life at the moment!

Where abouts are you located? Maybe I could refer you to a couple of photographers :)

This week I'd LOVE to book my DJ but I don't think it will happen. I went for a job interview today and I have my second one tomorrow so I'm a ball of stress at the moment haha! I have such bad anxiety.

What's everyone else's goals?

ssci1

Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Ashling wrote:
I can see this is going to be a very chatty thread, excellent!!!

I second that, what type of car is it and can we get a pic please??

a little sneak peak at my wedding car :)

ssci1

Thu May 03, 2012 7:04 pm

tanieeyaa wrote:
Ohana you are so lucky to go away! I need a few days break from my life at the moment!

Where abouts are you located? Maybe I could refer you to a couple of photographers :)

This week I'd LOVE to book my DJ but I don't think it will happen. I went for a job interview today and I have my second one tomorrow so I'm a ball of stress at the moment haha! I have such bad anxiety.

What's everyone else's goals?

I'm feeling like I've gotten as far as I can at the moment... I have all the main stuff sorted. FH just needs to organise his boys, which he knows what he wants, its pretty much just a case of ordering the suits, buying the shoes, shirts etc.

Next on my hit list is the honeymoon :D just in the process of getting pricing.. but until i see the flights go down a bit, I won't be booking. We're going to the States in Aug, so thats pretty distracting at the moment. But I won't complain!!!!

Ohana

Fri May 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Ashling wrote:
In principle I sort of understand this (not the being mean part, the what to wear part). Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I always did my makeup and hair and dressed nicely when I went to the dress shops. My theory, again maybe stupid, was that if you walk in looking like a three, they are going to think they have done a good job if they make you look like a six. If you walk in looking like a six, they are going to have to make you look like a nine to have done a good job. :roll: I realise that is probably stupid but it made me feel better.

No I totally agree with what your saying! But I also need to go in something I feel comfortable and pretty in - I don't really do dresses well, and work clothes remind me of ... aahhh.... work. I think skinny jeans, heals and a nice scarf and jacket will be ok. I'll definantly do my hair and makeup! I think mum must have this idea of me going in trackies and uggies!

ssci1 wrote:
Next on my hit list is the honeymoon

I can't wait to organise our honeymoon - problem is FH says it has to be somewhere in Australia :| I wanna go overseas :( oh well, we are probably gonig to TTC straight after the wedding so better try save money.

tanieeyaa wrote:

Yeah, it was a free holiday too (the best kind hehe). My dad won it at his Christmas party so all we had to pay for was petrol and food. I think I'll book in a couple more mini breaks - just to relieve the stress. Given our wedding location is about 2 hours away, we'll be able to take a couple of trips up there (either before or after the snow season, otherwise we'll pay a fortune in accomodation). We are also planning a trip up to Sydney - I'd love to see the band we want playing live.

tanieeyaa wrote:

We are located in Canberra, but getting married in the snowy mountains - I would really appreciated recommendations if you have 'em.

tanieeyaa wrote:

Did you end up booking your DJ? My problem is that I'm too busy during the day to make any phone calls :( so I never get anything done. I probably just need to remove myself from my desk and go to a coffee shop and make a couple of calls.

I'm sorry to hear your so stressed! I had a mini stressout last week before we went on holidays. I've been so tired and emotional. I really need to baby myself at the moment I think! How do you think you went in your job interviews? I hate job interviews they suck big time!!

ssci1 - I love the car it's beautiful :) hard to know from the photo - is it black?

Ohana

ssci1

Sat May 05, 2012 11:13 pm

ssci1 wrote:
Next on my hit list is the honeymoon

I can't wait to organise our honeymoon - problem is FH says it has to be somewhere in Australia :| I wanna go overseas :( oh well, we are probably gonig to TTC straight after the wedding so better try save money.

ssci1 - I love the car it's beautiful :) hard to know from the photo - is it black?

Ohana[/quote]

Yes, its black... once again, something i certainly wasn't expecting to choose... i was always against black wedding cars, but when I saw it, I knew it was perfect and FH was really happy with it too :)

As for the honeymoon, we're aiming for overseas... see how the budget goes.. so far we're doing really well so fingers crossed. we are going to state in aug so i shouldnt really be picky, but hey, i only get to claim the honeymoon once so its going to get a good one!!!!

Ohana

Tue May 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Someone please motivate me. I've done nothing at all this week...

...except decide I like these favours - http://www.etsy.com/listing/79464241/bridal-shower-wedding-gown-cookies?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=4&ga_search_query=lace+bridesmaid+dresses&ga_facet=lace+bridesmaid+dresses&ga_view_type=gallery Might see if my wedding cake lady could make them for me or I could make them, I've got 9 months to perfect them 8)

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Ohana wrote:

We are located in Canberra, but getting married in the snowy mountains - I would really appreciated recommendations if you have 'em.

Did you end up booking your DJ? My problem is that I'm too busy during the day to make any phone calls :( so I never get anything done. I probably just need to remove myself from my desk and go to a coffee shop and make a couple of calls.

I'm sorry to hear your so stressed! I had a mini stressout last week before we went on holidays. I've been so tired and emotional. I really need to baby myself at the moment I think! How do you think you went in your job interviews? I hate job interviews they suck big time!!
Ohana

The photographer i have is JL images which are amazing! And very well priced for their package inclusions. Also Mihaja photography is amazing :)

I didn't end up booking my DJ yet but hopefully soon I will!

I ended up getting the position :) they called me about 20 mins after the interview and offered me the job :) so now I am officially a full time teacher. I'm very excited! I start in two weeks :)

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Ohana wrote:
Someone please motivate me. I've done nothing at all this week...

...except decide I like these favours - http://www.etsy.com/listing/79464241/bridal-shower-wedding-gown-cookies?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=4&ga_search_query=lace+bridesmaid+dresses&ga_facet=lace+bridesmaid+dresses&ga_view_type=gallery Might see if my wedding cake lady could make them for me or I could make them, I've got 9 months to perfect them 8)

I adore them!!! I think give them a go yourself :) you might be surprised how nice they turn out!

Ohana

Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

tanieeyaa wrote:
I ended up getting the position :) they called me about 20 mins after the interview and offered me the job :) so now I am officially a full time teacher. I'm very excited! I start in two weeks :)

YAY YAY YAY that is awesome news! At least all that stress was worth it! You must have done a killer interview for them to call straight away. I'm not very good at interviews :lol: I get a tad nervous and forget everything
tanieeyaa wrote:
I adore them!!! I think give them a go yourself :) you might be surprised how nice they turn out!

yeah I might give it a try on the weekend, I've already bought the cookie cutters! I've been messing around with biscuits for a while. Mostly after I bought this beautiful book http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Biscuiteers-Book-Iced-Biscuits/dp/1856269418 But its goods to see more examples of wedding inspired biscuits!

Tomorrow, I definately need to make a few calls... and stop procrastinating :twisted:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19