A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: February 2013

Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 am

Ohana wrote:
YAY YAY YAY that is awesome news! At least all that stress was worth it! You must have done a killer interview for them to call straight away. I'm not very good at interviews :lol: I get a tad nervous and forget everything

Aw thanks honey :) I felt so great after it! I start this coming Monday. I've been so busy organising my classroom program that I've forgotten all about the wedding haha!

Ashling wrote:
I got a phone call from the dress shop yesterday, my dress has arrived already!! I am leaving it there until it is time for alterations, but I want it I want it! :roll:

How exciting!!! See if you can go and have a try on of it and take some piccies :) haha it's so tempting not to take it home! I can imagine!!

On Saturday that just passed, I went and saw the Australian designer Jean Fox to design my bridal gown :) she had all sorts of fabrics for me to chose from and I have chosen a beautiful french lace for my bodice, and a silk tulle for the skirt. I've noticed that I've become a bit of a fabric natzi from working casually in a bridal store haha! Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but i'll try and snap a few next time I go in :)

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Ashling wrote:
How exciting!!! See if you can go and have a try on of it and take some piccies :) haha it's so tempting not to take it home! I can imagine!!
Yep I am going to go and try it on with the things I have bought, shoes and jewellery and stuff so I can see how it all looks together, and also so I can work out if a veil, and if so what length etc. the store only does that on weekdays though, so I have to try and coordinate a time that fits!

That sounds great! I can't wait to see it all :)

Ashling wrote:
That is fantastic! How exciting! Jean Fox has some beautiful designs, what sort of style is it going to be?

She is a great designer! It will be exactly the same shape as this gown but without the straps and it will have a low back.

ssci1

Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 pm

ooohhh i LOVE!!!
I have the empire line too.... I won't see my dress again until November :( but on the up side it will be my "actual" dress!

february bride

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:13 am

Hi everyone! We're getting married on 23rd February in Melbourne.
I'm completely new to this forum so bear with me :) Everyone here seems really organised and full of ideas! I've tried to be a bit organised but its hard to get things done when you only have a few hours after work and weekends... My fiancée and I are also in the process of building our new home, so we really have a LOT on our plate at the moment!! :)

Anyway, so far I have:
-Booked the ceremony (Sacred Heart Church, Preston)
-Booked the Reception ( the Manor on High, Epping)
-Ordered my dress! (Will still need to go in and get measured next month, but they told me it should be here by November)
-Booked the photographer (T-One Image photography)
-Almost finalised the design for the invitations (I'm a graphic designer so I started working on those aaaages ago :P)

Wow, that doesn't really seem like a lot! :P I should really get cracking on the rest of it.. yikes!

In progress:
-Bridesmaids dresses:
I've been scouring the internet for ideas and reasonably priced dresses. We will be paying for the dresses ourselves so I was hoping to keep the budget to roughly $200 a dress, maybe $250.
-Transport:
FH prefers to have modern sedans (as opposed to vintage) so we have been looking around at Mercs or BMWs. They are pretty pricey, but I don’t really want to cut them out of the plan since it was the one thing that he really wanted to have.
-Favors/Bombonneire:
I saw an idea that I really liked for ceramic tile coasters. I’m going to try and make a sample few and see how I go…

This is some of my inspiration for colours and style (the invitation in the top right corner is on of the options I designed :))
MyBoard.jpg

I'd love to hear your thoughts.. I've been looking through these forums for the past few months so it would be nice to bounce ideas off some of you :)

february bride

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:20 am

Ashling, I've seen your post at the start of this thread, you've done HEAPS! We have the same wedding day and I'm so far behind :P

This is the church we've booked for our ceremony:
SacredHeart.jpg

And the Reception:
ManorOnHigh02.jpg

ManorOnHigh04.jpeg

My dress :) Its the 'Kelsey' by Henry Roth

Im going to try this bridemaids dress (Allure) this weekend with one of my BMs (my sister)... Its the one on the left (which Im hoping to get in the colour I want)

What do you guys think? :)

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 am

hi feb brides, hope i can join in the chats, thanks ashling for the heads up on the thread for feb brides.

im getting married 15th feb, done abit so far, booked venue with gazebo gardens or chapel, we think chapel for the ceromony but have garden gazebo if we want even up to the day off if we change our minds.

booked awesome photographer, Sean from A touch of flash, he won ABIA this year best wedding photographer, my venue won best ceremony venue and in house co-ordinater, chose venue before results but chose Sean after results and glad we did, hes brilliant and so resonably priced and because we want to do our album later when we have the money and he has this service, really happy with our choice.

booked our wedding band trio, small stage at venue and fits perfect but also price was great.

booked a candy buffet company who are designing mine wit me based on our colour theme, this is a surprise for FHas hes got a wicked sweet tooth and is a chocaholic, the guests will fill a box as thier wedding favours.

my dress is on order, i did have a teary moment in it but only on the 4th trip back did i decide, had to exhaust myself my mum and MOH in other dress shops before going back to it,lol, thats me dont do anything by halves!

going with my BMs in 2 weeks to try thier dresses on for style and then having them made , looking for material and right colour purple i want.

so at the moment just googling sites and saving products and bookmarking, looking for a location to go to after ceremony not too far from venue.

my lil boy goes back to school monday so cant wait to get back into the planning, noooooo not been married before but my fiance has, hes treating ours like its his first which is special, alot has changed in 15 years, he has no clue of the modern day wedding, bless him :heart:

well hope i havent raved on too much, nice to meet you all :D

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 pm

oh cool, purple is my favourite colour but still not sure if i should go with a deep purple like eggplant or a lighter more fun purple and be a lil brighter for summer, will be going to look at material in 2 weeks with my girls, i have 2 flower girls too, my neices and thinking of puting them in a silver to match my pewter french lace that i have as the overlay over an ivory satin with a split of tulle in the front, thats best to describe my dress, silver bling its really really unique and different but so me almost like a royal princesslol, its a bit special, i cant believe it will be mine in december and i will be puting it on again, surreal moments. anyway not sure still with the bridal party but always on my mind!

where are you getting married?

oh i left out that i have booked ur ceremony vocalist, amazing lady with a voice of an angel and she was so affordable just 200.00 for the ceremony performing about 5 songs, really glad i found out you dont always have to play a cd, so keep in mind girls.

look forward to hearing all your plans too.
:D

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 pm

bridetobethatsme wrote:
hi feb brides, hope i can join in the chats, thanks ashling for the heads up on the thread for feb brides.

im getting married 15th feb, done abit so far, booked venue with gazebo gardens or chapel, we think chapel for the ceromony but have garden gazebo if we want even up to the day off if we change our minds.

booked awesome photographer, Sean from A touch of flash, he won ABIA this year best wedding photographer, my venue won best ceremony venue and in house co-ordinater, chose venue before results but chose Sean after results and glad we did, hes brilliant and so resonably priced and because we want to do our album later when we have the money and he has this service, really happy with our choice.

booked our wedding band trio, small stage at venue and fits perfect but also price was great.

booked a candy buffet company who are designing mine wit me based on our colour theme, this is a surprise for FHas hes got a wicked sweet tooth and is a chocaholic, the guests will fill a box as thier wedding favours.

my dress is on order, i did have a teary moment in it but only on the 4th trip back did i decide, had to exhaust myself my mum and MOH in other dress shops before going back to it,lol, thats me dont do anything by halves!

going with my BMs in 2 weeks to try thier dresses on for style and then having them made , looking for material and right colour purple i want.

so at the moment just googling sites and saving products and bookmarking, looking for a location to go to after ceremony not too far from venue.

my lil boy goes back to school monday so cant wait to get back into the planning, noooooo not been married before but my fiance has, hes treating ours like its his first which is special, alot has changed in 15 years, he has no clue of the modern day wedding, bless him :heart:

well hope i havent raved on too much, nice to meet you all :D

Hi bridetobethatsme!
You are doing great so far :) very organised! Love that your having a candy buffet. My FH has a crazy sweet tooth also! He loves the idea of it but we already have a few ideas for bombonieres that I don't think we can give up. If only there were money tree's in the world. I would fill my wedding with everything I like. Upload some piccies when you can! I'd love to see it all :)
Aw I go back to school on Monday too (I'm a primary school teacher) but I didn't do anything for the wedding these holidays. I was too busy planning the classroom and work for next term. Oh Boy!

Did I mention I volunteered to organise and host my brothers fiance's kitchen tea?? Oh boy am I silly. I've been trying to organise all of that these school holidays. So far I've picked the colour theme which is navy and white and I've bought the table decorations, ordered the cake, ordered and handed out the invites, bought the prizes for the games, and made the games.

Can I ask a question?? Who has been to a bridal shower/kitchen tea? What types of food do they serve? I've never been to one before so I'm finding this to be a little bit difficult.

Thanks ladies!

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Ashling wrote:
tanieeyaa wrote:
Can I ask a question?? Who has been to a bridal shower/kitchen tea? What types of food do they serve? I've never been to one before so I'm finding this to be a little bit difficult.

Thanks ladies!

It depends a bit on the time of day and the crowd, but basically just normal finger food, you could do anything from chips and dips, plates of sandwiches, lollies, cakes, through to hot stuff like mini pizzas, quiches etc or more involved stuff like antipasto platters, fruit and cheese platters, etc.

But basically just what you would have if you were having any other sort of get together.

It's a bit trendy at the moment to do like a high tea, with cupcakes and scones and stuff, so you could do that if you wanted too.

Thanks for that!! Me and my mum have decided to do an afternoon tea type thing where their will be hot finger foods as well as some cold and then lots of sweets. I hope it will be nice! It's in two weekends time. I'll post pictures when it's over :) I also hope my decorating skills on a mega budget work too. Haha!

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

oh my freaking out girls we have like 7 months to go give or take a few weeks for some, i havent done anything this week at all, i cant seem to get my head into yet, well had a bug, lost my voice and and still have a horrid lil ticklish cough that is really crappy at night, but i intend on getting back onto my plans tomoz, me and the 2 bestie bridesmaids are going to try on dresses and then look for material so fingers crossed by the end of tomoz we will have a design, the right colour purple all picked out for the dressmaker and she will know what she needs to do, cool cant wait, will be good to get out and have some fun with my girls, i have missed them!

Ashling no good about your flowers, good advice to lie about our wedding date,lol ! wish i had of for my dress then it would have been in waaaaay before christmas, the things we learn.

catch yas later will let you know how the dress shopping goes with my BMs. :P

ssci1

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 pm

hehe yes i second that... when i ordered my cake topper, i told them i was getting married in Aug.. and I received them a couple weeks back :D one less thing to worry about.
i'm feeling in a wierd place at the moment.. not sure what else to organise... all the main stuff is covered, going to get a start on the invites when im back from overseas

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

well my shopping went awesome with the BMs, they tried on dresses, we fell inlove with a style and we went to fabric shops to go see about satin and chiffon, frankies came up no good as they were really short on options in the purple, but a few days later after meeting with dressmaker she sent us to spotlight, sounds simple i know and it was, we found the most amazing stunning chiffons and satins, even to the extent we changed the colours now the dresses will be a lilac satin and a shimmery purple chiffon, OMGoodness we love love love it, the dresses will be stunning and the colours are just what i dreamed of, so me and now i can start my colour theme properly knowing the exact purples, im wrapped. designed and ordered my save the date magnets today, so cute lil bride and groom cartoons kissing and the hair colours and suit colour match us and what we will be wearing, so cute and cheap too. Ihave a pressing question my MOH is organising my hens but not telling me what shes doing, i dont drink, im not into any strippers and i have asked her what shes planning but she wont tell me, do you think i have a right to know so that im comfortable with the night? Is it meant to be a surprise or do the brides always know?

Thanks guys, keep the planning going !

Belbeauty28

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Ladies,

We are getting married in Melbourne on the 10th of February :-)

Ceremony is at Fitzroy Gardens (have always wanted a pretty garden wedding) and
Reception at Quat Quatta, Ripponlea.

So far have organised the following:-

Ceremony - Fitzroy Gardens
Reception - Quat Quatta
Photographer - Daniel Sheehan Photography
Florist - The bouquets of Ascha Jolie
Wedding Dress - bought from Eternal weddings.

Starting to think about Bridesmaid Dresses and Event styling for the ceremony location :-)

Gosh when I put it like that, I still have sooo much to do!

ARGH freaking out.

Cheers
Bel

Belbeauty28

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi Ashling ;-)

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 am

Hello Bel! Welcome :) Can't wait to hear more about your wedding!

Last weekend was my sister in law to be's bridal shower. Everything went really well!! It all ran smoothly and there was loads of food for everyone. So many people were giving me compliments :) it was an amazing feeling!
On other news, I'm still in search of a florist, hairdresser and DJ. Everywhere I look seems to be way over priced and it is starting to become very frustrating :(

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Bel and Ashling and anyone else i just forgot names, oops!

Well it is exactly 6 months to this day until i walk down the aisle and marry my dream man, so excitied, just booked a consultation with debbie o neil flowers, shes done alot for my venue ans my cousins had her do her flowers years ago, so excited thats this tuesday at 10am.

Got the save the date magnets, they are so cute, just finished gathering addresses, put them all in envelpes and ready to post tomorrow.

Bel, you have done alot already dont stress, have fun, i know easier said than done, 6 months ago i started, only 6 to go and feel like its coming so so fast and i need to get a move on!

Need to find my veil, and my purple shoes, worried about them!

Thanks for hens advice, should be ok, she knows me well !

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Can officially put myself down for February 2013!

We booked the celebrant today - Feb 23! We'll have been engaged less than 6 months, but be have the big stuff organised :)

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:58 pm

oohlalisha wrote:
Can officially put myself down for February 2013!

We booked the celebrant today - Feb 23! We'll have been engaged less than 6 months, but be have the big stuff organised :)

Woohoo! Good on you :) can't wait to see your deets!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Ashling wrote:
what's been happening for everyone? I'm starved for news?!

I have everything pretty much booked/ordered. We're seeing a travel agent next week to talk honeymoon! It looks like we're going to NZ :)

I'm starting to get excited - as in, can't sleep excited - I want it to be here already.

I have so much on between now and then though - Cousin's wedding, Mum's 50th, Christmas, Brother's housewarming, Family reunion and assorted festivals & events. I'm feeling like I've hardly got any time to do anything!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I haven't been to NZ yet, neither has FH so we're both looking forward to it! Actually FH has never even been in a plane, so it's firsts all round.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21