A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: February 2013

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:03 pm

We're getting married on the same day - I haven't got down to times yet!

It is starting to feel real though, FH and I started talking about vows the other day :)

I also find every excuse to walk past my bridal shop in my lunch break. My dress is in the window *sigh* - my actual one won't be here till the end of January though. Can't wait to finally have it in my hands.

Also I love my photographers. My siblings and I had a family portrait done with them on the weekend as a surprise for my mum's 50th birthday. The shots are amazing. And not your typical family portrait either. We all dressed 50s style and had a picnic set up. It was awesome!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 am

4 months to go!!!!!!

All the big stuff is done. I just have to make a start on the other big stuff like decorations... And invites...

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Seeing as my dress wont be in until late January... Late january will be when my alterations are done!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 pm

Oh that's a tricky one - are they all in the one town and do you have their dresses already? I would think a month-6 weeks before would be suficient, but it's probably best to check with your dressmaker

february bride

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi all! Its been a while since I posted on the forum, but I went to try my dress on this past weekend (YAY) and thought I would share some pics! :)
IMG-20121022-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20121022-WA0004.jpeg

I also ordered a veil that I tried on with the dress and I loved it! The scalloped edges matched really nicely with the lace on my dress :D
IMG-20121022-WA0000.jpeg

The dress is pretty simple.. I didn't want anything too big or dramatic, I'm a bit petite so I think something bigger would have overwhelmed me.
What do you guys think??

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Beautiful dress!

I love the bead detail and it suits yuor shape perfectly!

february bride

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks!! I love the beading on it too :) These pictures really dont do justice to the detail..
I actually found a close-up pic that we took of the lace and beading, so here it is :)
IMG-20121022-WA0003.jpeg

My sister (one of my BMs) also tried on her dress sometime last week:
20121019_193513.jpeg

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 pm

february bride wrote:
Thanks!! I love the beading on it too :) These pictures really dont do justice to the detail..
I actually found a close-up pic that we took of the lace and beading, so here it is :)
IMG-20121022-WA0003.jpeg

My sister (one of my BMs) also tried on her dress sometime last week:
20121019_193513.jpeg

So gorgeous!! It all looks amazing :)

february bride

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks Ashling :) I can't believe how quickly the time has crept up on me!! Just 4 months to go! I still have a heap to organise and FH and I are in the process of furnishing and moving into our new house so my time is stretched verrrrry thin.

I'm trying to organise hair and makeup and florists at the moment. I've gotten promising quotes from Renee (Femme Fatale) and Kylie (Reveal Hair&Makeup)... But still trying to decide... Who are you guys using?

february bride

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Booked our cars! :D FH wanted modern luxury sedans, so we went to check out some Mercedes E-Class sedans today. The lovely lady at the car place gave us two of the newer models (we were originally looking at older ones) for a pretty decent price. Good to tick one more thing off the list.. This is what they will look like (with ribbon on the bonnet and tulle at the back), what do you girls think? :)

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:28 pm

hi guys, its been a while since i posted and have ticked alot more boxes.

had a horrible experience in the bridal store yesterday with my mum, finally after waiting 8 months my dress was in, went to try it and it was all wrong, bodice too too big, my boobs are nowhere to be found, too tight in the waist i couldnt breathe, i ordered a size 10 as it was the sample 12 off the rack i tried back in march but was swimming in, so 10 was the go but this seemed like a tiny 10 in the waist yesterday, the owner in the store blamed it on me puting a kilo on over winter!!!!!! what the a flippin kilo, thats y its too tight and the bodice and boning are too high? hmmm nope i have spoken to a wonderful lady who does alterations, re designs dresses etc, she said no thats crap nothing to do with it, in her 30 years experience the stores always say they can alter it to be perfect for you but they just do the minimum, anyway after all this my cap sleeves that were ordered also werent in and she pinned horrible old satin ones on me and looked stupid, she told me to lose the 1 or 2 kilos come bak in january and she will alter it then!!!!!

To say the least i have had a stressful 24 hours, didnt sleep and erlier wasnt sure what to do, now i know after this awesome lady said pick up your dress bring it to me and i will fix it and you will look perfect and feel it too. so im going to go get it, and cancel the store owner doing anything on it, my trust is gone, i was treated badly and dismissed and jusy was a terrible experience, i waited so long and it was all so stressful and wrong !

So wish me luck getting it and because the alterations will cost me 500.00 she said make sure i only pay the balance minus 500.00, so wonder how this will go fingers crossed i get it for a lil less, we paid so much already as deposit and i cant lose the money and it was my dream dress !!

Februarybride.

My FH and I are moving into our new house next week, so been busy packing and organising too, i hear ya, bit stressful while planning a wedding with 12 weeks to go, all has been smooth sailing and i didnt expect this prob with my dress right in the middle of moving or at all !
My make up trial is with magical makeovers, they are tops and look at their work on faceook, my MOH is a hairdresser so had a trial and it was gorgeous and all sorted.

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Oh no that is my worst nightmare! 1kg could not make that much difference in the fit of the dress! I think you're doing the right thing by not letting the store touch it anymore - let us know how you go with the other lady!

Its less than 100 sleeps to our big day :bdance:

I'm cutting it really fine with my dress - it's not due to arrive until the end of January. I trust the store though. I have only heard good things about them and about 3 weeks after I ordered my dress (I ordered it with 5.5 months to go... we hadn't even announced the engagement) when I was in the store making a payment the owner personally came out, knew which dress I'd ordered and assured me that she and the designer were across the short time frame and were totally confident it would be in with time to spare for alterations.

I haven't done much lately, just collecting bits and pieces. all the big stuff is done, I'm finalising the invites tomorrow to send out in December. I after christmas we'll nut out the favours and decorations :)

mandycwilson

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 am

Hello fellow february brides!

We are getting married on February 23rd and while we are so organised maybe a little too organised I'm starting to freak out about things that are so silly! Yup here are those nerves I have heard so much about.

Is anyone else borderline going to crack a wobbly over such minor things or just me! I have tried to make everything so perfect to fit everyone else in that its starting to annoy me that there is just no thanks or appreciation for the exa work I am doing to accommodate everyone! I know it's our big day but I still would like everyone to feel included!

I will be so glad when christmas is over this year so I can go back to focusing on the big day!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Yay! We're wedding day twins!

I haven't yet felt any nerves or frustration. My biggest worry was weather or not the dress will get here in time. Luckily, it arrived Monday and fitted well. I now have plenty of time for alterations!

I have only just now been hit with a huge wave of excitement! It is really happening and it is only 11 weeks away!

bridetobethatsme
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi guys,

My dress is in safe hands now, i did a complete swap at the store with another dress, my goodness it was a stressful ordeal but i now have one i am even more inlove with, it is the style and the type of gown i wanted all along but couldnt find so its meant to be, i ditched the other one i waited 8 months for and this new one was brand new in the window the day i went back to sort my mess out, so i have now picked it up taken it to an awesome dress maker who has 30 years plus expperience with bridal and i am so happy, she was lovely and is even making my veil too, next fitting mid jan!

I made my invites, wow ladies i saved hundreds, i got a clear plastic insert printed with black ink from officeworks done and cut to size for DL card, cost me 28.00 for 60, then i got the silver card a4 folded and pinned with silver heart and purple strips of ribbon on the front and a gorg black velvet heart and some other decorations, they looked stunning all for around 200,00. much cheaper to get it done like this.

im freaking out a bit now, a bit stresses, lost a lil weight, not much of an appetite, got my fiancees parents coming from england in 2 weeks to stay for 6 weeks and we just moved into our new house a month ago and still trying to settle.

so anyway now its holidays got my 8 year old son home, not as easy to plan and get things done but i will try to do some work on it as there isnt much more time to go ladies!!!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:55 pm

8 WEEKS TODAY!!!! :bdance:

Invitations are out, though still waiting for the RSVPs to trickle in (They did go out the week before xmas, so I'm not getting too worried yet!)

I have my first dress fitting/alteration session next Saturday. Me and mum are then going to spend the rest of the day doing wedding stuff.

My parents have booked us a band for the reception which is ace - we were just going to use the ipod, but then Dad got talking to some of his mates who are in a band and they are more than happy to play for us.

My dad was very excited to get a letter in the mail from the water company to say that they can now use sprinklers between 6pm and 10am. He went into bunnings on xmas eve for no other reason than to buy a sprinkler and a timer to get the backyard green for the wedding. He's already installed a grey water recycling system, this is just going to help it along nicely!

I really need to think of something to give my parents to say thank you. They are doing so much for us and though they insist it's their gift to us, but need to thank them somehow!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 am

Next month ladies!!! :bdance: :heart: :bdance:

february bride

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

OMG! 35 days!! it seems much more panic-inducing when we start counting down in days! :y_shoched:
p.s. Ashling I think mine's the same day as yours :)

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Yep 35 days it is 5 weeks!

I picked up my dress today! I'm also doing wedding craft stuff (decorations) tomorrow. I also still hav no idea what to do for favours - eek!

february bride

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 am

I just picked up my dress too :) But its with the alterations lady at the moment, I'll be picking it up in 3 weeks!
Had a meeting with my reception yesterday to finalise the menu and other details. Im only just getting started on the favours now..
So much to do!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04