A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

March 2013

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:59 pm

A place for all the March 2013 brides to discuss there ideas!!

mishy

Re: March 2013

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 pm

This is me!! March 16!!

nonijade86

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 am

Mine will be march 17th :) mine and my fiancés 5yr Ann :)

mishy

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am

nonijade86 wrote:
Mine will be march 17th :) mine and my fiancés 5yr Ann :)

One day after mine!!!

sandybabii

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 pm

mishy wrote:
This is me!! March 16!!

I am on March 16 too! Where are you having your wedding?

mishy

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 am

sandybabii wrote:
mishy wrote:
This is me!! March 16!!

Our reception and ceremony will be at Appin House. How bout you?

sandybabii

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:27 am

mishy wrote:
sandybabii wrote:
mishy wrote:
This is me!! March 16!!

Our reception and ceremony will be at Appin House. How bout you?

We will have the ceremony at Toorak Uniting Church and reception at The Langham Melbourne.

How exciting to know someone else will share the same anniversary as me! haha!

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi girls! I'm new to the forum - I'm getting married in March too! March 1st to be exact :D one day before you misspony!

I'm SO excited and can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

When did you girls get engaged, and where are you all up to with your planning?

We've booked our ceremony & reception venue, photographer, videographer & celebrant, and I have a couple of appointments to look at dresses at the end of this month so I'm feeling that all the big things are under control! Now for all the little details (the fun part!)

:heart:

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm

A wedding on your parents farm sounds amazing misspony! And exactly ten months today for you :wink: I would have loved a farm wedding if I hadn't already found my dream venue! (we're getting married at a resort in Gerringong on the NSW South Coast)
My fiance & I got engaged in July last year :D

I'm like you rubywoo, been planning things in my head for a long while! So it's nice to finally get to see it all coming together...I'm so excited!!
So exciting that you've ordered your dress already too! Where are you getting married?

emily88
Almost there
Almost there

Fri May 18, 2012 12:53 am

I'm another March 16th!

Let's hope it's a beautiful day!

Mainly because I'm getting married in the Fitzroy Gardens haha

sandybabii

Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 am

emily88 wrote:
I'm another March 16th!

Let's hope it's a beautiful day!

Mainly because I'm getting married in the Fitzroy Gardens haha

Wow! I was going to look at Fitzroy Gardens but went to Langham first and loved it so booked it on the day and didn't end up going to Fitzroy Gardens! It looks beautiful though!

Fingers crossed for fantastic weather!! :lol:

emily88
Almost there
Almost there

Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 am

haha thanks, I've got all my fingers and toes crossed! The Langham is absolutely beautiful, your wedding will be wonderful sandybabii :D

My FH really loved the Fitzroy Gardens, which is amazing because he never really has an opinion on anything, so that was an easy decision.

We're having the reception at The Centre, Ivanhoe (the new name for the Ivanhoe Town Hall) so very art deco vintage theme going on and if it's torrential rain on the day, we can always get married in at the town hall, we just have to ring up in the morning and they'll organise everything so at least we have a back up.

I'm doing lots of research, but not much actually booking things at the moment. Although, last weekend I found THE DRESS, so that's a relief! Sonia Cappellazzo for the win!

Has everyone done lots of dress try ons?

Next things on the list are photographer, finalising the band (I've just got to ask a couple more questions of one band and find out if the in-laws are going to pay for it before I officially book) and celebrant.

How is everyone else going?

sandybabii

Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 pm

I have booked most of the major things - ceremony, reception, photographer, videographer, DJ/MC. Now have to look for dress, BM dress, make up & hair. :D

FH will organise his suits and stuff for the boys so I am not going to worry too much about that.
One of my colleague and also one of his makes cakes so they will help us out with that!
Flowers i think i will be doing silk flowers instead of fresh flowers! i got a sample from FJflowers on ebay and it looks very good! 3 bouquets and 4 button holes only $253 i think?

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I just had a look at your show and tell ruby - your venue looks beautifu & I love your style! :heart: (That reminds me, I should start my S&T...just not really sure where to start ha!) Also great idea splitting up your to do list!
I'm hoping the weather will be nice too emily88 - our ceremony is outside too! Fingers crossed, its so hard to predict these days...it can be summer one day and winter the next lol.
We've booked all the big things - Ceremony & Reception venue, photographer, videographer, wedding singer/dj, florist...and I'm going to look at dresses for the first time on Sunday - eep! I'm so nervous/excited! First stop will be Karen Willis Holmes (I'm in love with her gowns) - although I'm not sure if thats the smartest idea as her designs are on the more expensive side, but I'll definitely look around...I have two more appointments next Saturday.
So next up is bridesmaids dresses...and I'm not really sure what after that! All the pretty little details I guess :D

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

misspony wrote:
katiea - how did your dress shopping go??

I have got a celebrant to pencil us in. I contacted a few others and they were already booked. Obviously March 2nd is a busy day for weddings in Launceston!!

How is everyone else's plans coming along?

Dress shopping went REALLY well misspony - found a dress I LOVE and a couple of others that I liked...fairly certain I've found 'the one' though :D
Its good that you managed to book a celebrant! Everyone must know that march is the best month to get married :lol:

rubywoo wrote:
AFM - I really haven't done much lately. It feels like all the big stuff is organised, and lots of the little stuff needs to wait a bit longer. I'll head back up to Carisbrook to book in my flowers and cake in August maybe, once I recover from my op. I want FH to start looking at suits and stuff now, but I know that's going to be a huge struggle :roll:

I know the feeling ruby, all of the big things are sorted and I think now I'm just trying to find little things to do for the fun of it (even though they probably don't need to be done quite yet!) I'm also trying to get MrA to start thinking about looking at suits...he says its too early but I think we might have to hunt a bit to find the colour that we want (for a price we can afford), as I haven't seen it around much (we want really, really light grey)...will keep trying to convince him!
Best of luck with your op, hope everything goes perfectly and you have a super quick recovery! :heart:

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:15 pm

misspony wrote:
Now come on then, you can't say something as exciting as that and then not share anything else, not even a name or a photo??!

Oh, sorry! I should have mentioned - there is photo of me in 'the' dress is in my S&T, along with photos of the couple of others that I liked but didn't love (just website pics of those, not actually me in them) :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=135021&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

misspony wrote:
And let's not start about the men's suits... :roll: mrpony is still under the impression that he will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt at the wedding. Then he said he would get a suit from the German equivalent of Target. And now he is back to the shorts outfit. A kilt was mentioned there at some point too. Something about my Scottish heritage (yeah, right. My family left Scotland in 1843 so we clearly have such close ties to Scotland...and he is German :roll: ). Eugh.

hehe the German equivalent to target made me giggle. I think MrA is under the impression that we will find exactly what we're looking for in the first shop we look in, or if not we'll just get the next best thing...however that is SO not the way I work lol! Once I get a picture of what I want in my mind it has to be exactly right, not just almost right!

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:54 pm

misspony wrote:
I feel like a total twit now, katiea... I had already commented on how gorgeous your dress is on your S+T :oops: Clearly short term memory is not my strongest point!:

Oh, yes, so you did! Don't worry, its easy to forget who's is who's with so many amazing S&T's to look at - I could get distracted for hours browsing through everyones! :D

misspony wrote:
With the suit, I am relatively confident to leave that decision to mrpony. I think he is joking about the shorts, the kilt and the C&A suit. I think. I did suggest that he could get a tie made from my dress (I have no doubts it will be too long and there will be material left to make into a tie) but he didn't seem altogether keen on that idea. I might suggest some colours for suits and ties though, and start to show him some photos of what I like, just to see if that will give him some idea. Men... :roll:

The colour of your dress would make a beautiful tie for mrpony! What colour suits are you thinking of having?
MrA & I both agreed on the colour we liked, he's just not a fan of shopping so I was worried that if I sent him by himself he would come home with the first thing he tried on :roll: . WELL, don't I feel silly now - we walked into a shop on Saturday (just thought we would have a browse cause they have a big sale on atm) and MrA tried on a suit which we both fell in love with instantly (its the first one he's tried on!)!! That'll teach me for my comment the other day about him thinking we would find what we wanted in the first shop we walked into haha! :lol: I guess suit shopping is easier than dress shopping!
I'll post some photos of the suit in my S&T :D

Abz

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Hello Everyone!

Great to read about the wonderful things happening in March next year and how different everyones weddings are. We are March 2nd in the Hunter Valley and I cannot wait :) I have all the bigs things planned and paid for, now I'm just stressing about all the small things.

:heart:

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi everyone! March 30, 2013 for me! :D

Show and tell: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=132294&start=0 :)

ShoeLover

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Hey!!!

March 9th 2013 for me!!! In the Hunter Valley, NSW!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02