A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MrsDtobe

Re: March 2013

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi ladies! How are you all getting on with the wedding plans? We've got everything organised except the suits (picked and go in for measurements in January), FH accommodation (found just have to pay) and rings (doing them soon, know what we want just need to get the best price). Invites are being sent off for printing by the end of the week and I'm hoping to post them out by the end of the month. Otherwise all is done...now to pay for it, UGH! :heart:

MrsDtobe

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Wow, Rubywoo!! You are soooo organised. FH wasn't keen on looking at suits but we had half hour to kill and we were close so I dragged him in. We live 1000km from Brisbane so had to do it while we were there, we head back down over the school holidays in December/January. Meetings with the photographer and celebrant and more dress fittings. Hopefully find my shoes too. It's exciting that it is getting so close but I'm feeling really stressed. I think because I'm at the stage where I feel like I should be doing things but there isn't really anything I can do until we get to Brisbane where everything is.

MrsDtobe

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm

How are you going with your music? It's sooo tough! We (mostly I) have been searching and searching, I've got the song to walk down the aisle too and music to play while everyone is being seated but after that...nothing. We have a DJ for the reception and will meet with him in January, so I'm not too worried about that side of it. Just the ceremony music. We want something a bit upbeat when we leave the chapel, I have scoured the internet and can't find much.

MrsDtobe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi Girls! How's the plans going? My invites arrived last week and I promptly sent them off. I designed them and then ordered through Cards and Pockets in the US. Aside from the fact that the postage is ridiculous I am soooo happy with them. I can't believe it... MIL made a comment about the wording. FH's parents are separated and they've not offered to put a cent towards the wedding. MIL is on a pension so we are paying her accommodation and buying a new dress for her. So anyway, MIL has a, nickname, I guess (she has been called this all her life), so on the invite I put *Mr M & Mrs M* invite *guest* to the wedding of Miss M & Mr D son of *Mr D & Ms S*. When I did her invite though, I put her nickname on it. She made a comment that is was weird that she was invited to a wedding where her name was mentioned twice yet different. Ugh, seriously the ***** is never happy. I'm blaming it on FH, I asked what to put and that is what he said. Also while I'm on the MIL, she has done ballroom dancing for years now. She taught SIL and her husband to dance for their wedding. I loved it and asked her then (4 years ago) if she would teach us. She said she would love to. So FH asked her and she said she doesn't know how to do it and we should get dance lessons because she hates it when people stand there and sway. Ummmm, coming from a woman who has no money, does she realise how expensive dance lessons are. Not to mention the fact that we live in a little town and our nearest bridal waltz lessons would be at least 3 hours away. Anyway, sorry for the rant!

We head down to Brisbane/Sunshine Coast next week. Lots of dress fittings over the new year as well as finally meeting with our celebrant. A meeting with the photographer, DJ and a hair and makeup trial. I'm yet to find my shoes. Well, I've found some that I'm happy with but I really wanted flats so I'm hoping that some will just jump out at me...boxing day sales perhaps? Also hoping to get my jewellery and underwear at the sales. I'm a bonds girl so will be stepping out of my comfort zone with something sexy! Am thinking I'll buy some wear them and make sure they're comfy and then buy some new ones for the wedding once I know they aren't riding up my bum :lol: I need to get a garter and have found a little frame to put on my bouquet with photos of my 3 passed grandparents.

So, what is happening in your worlds?

MrsDtobe

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Less than 2 months to go for us! OMG! FH had a dream about our wedding, he said I was wearing a red ball gown. Funny as I always used to joke to my Dad that I would wear red!

We're in the process of deciding our menu. Soooo hard! Too many options (which is better then not many I suppose). I stuffed up my hair and make up trial date, and then the artists Uncle died and the funeral was the same time as our real date. So I'm having that when we go down to Brisbane at the end of the month. We will also finally meet with our celebrant. Saw the photographer NYE, got a plan happening. It made it all so real.

I still don't have any shoes. I just can't find any that I love and really don't want to spend $200 on a pair for one day. But that's another thing that must be checked off at the end of the month. Once we've decided on our menu I'll get them printed as well. Am also thinking of doing Mad Libs.

How are all your plans going ladies??

MrsDtobe

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Me too! It's all so real now!

Oxley2Be

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm

MrsDtobe wrote:
have found a little frame to put on my bouquet with photos of my 3 passed grandparents.

Hi MrsDtobe, where did you get your frames from?

I'm gonna jump in here too, getting married 19th March, yep its a Tuesday :)

MrsDtobe

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi oxley2be, I haven't even ordered it yet. I will find the link and let you know. And Tuesday is as good a day as any to get married :-)

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Haha I sent our invites on Saturday! The benefit of a small wedding, guests dont need 3 months to RSVP, I gave them til the beginning of Feb lol

Yay! Getting closer for us!

MrsDtobe

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

sandybabii

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi everyone!!

I haven't posted anything up or came on the forum for a while. I kind of booked the major stuff early on and just left it all. :lol:

Everything is now done from my end.. however the FH has been busy at work and probably a little slack too so the suits haven't even been looked at, invitations for his side of the guests not sent either.
I am going to have to kick his a** soon LOL :wink:

We are going for our tasting on the 10th of Feb so that should be fun! Can't wait to try out the food as I heard it was pretty good :D

Haven't met with our minister yet as he is still on holidays until next week. So once we meet with him we can finalise the details for the ceremony.

Our wedding happens to fall on the weekend of the Grand Prix.. I really hope that there is not too much traffic causing any issues!

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Oh no, Misspony, how come? :( I kinda feel thay way (but I dont want to cancel, I just want it to be here already!)

Isnt it weird that we can all say "We're getting married next month!" :D

I still have a lot to do, but it seems to be coming together. Just got the smaller items to sort out, like chalkboard spraypaint for the ceremony boards, log slivers for the tables, seating arrangements, boutonnieres for the men, the favours etc.

We're meeting with our venue on Friday morning (exciting!) and hopefully that'll go smoothly.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 am

I am really glad that you are excited again and looking forward to your special day.

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

:bdance: WE'RE GETTING MARRIED THIS MONTH!!! :D :bdance:

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Lol send your warm weather here! I'm so nervous my weather is going to go downhill cos it ALWAYS rains on the Easter weekend which is when my wedding is planned for!

Things progressing nicely :) Got my dress fitting on Saturday and FH gets his pants tailored as well on Saturday :)

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Not much to finish, but I'm terrified I'm forgetting something you know :P

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=132294&start=90

MrsDtobe

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm Married!! Our day was awesome despite the fact it was pouring rain!! Will do a HOF post once we've got our photos. For now, check out tonisnellblog.com.au or Toni Snell Photography on FB!!

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Yay congrats!!! Checking pics now!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13