A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mishy

Re: March 2013

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi Ladies,

I can't believe how fast this year is going. March seems so close, yet so far away!

I had a slight panic attack on the weekend worrying that I hadn't made contact with any of the included suppliers for my wedding. I sent off emails to the cake lady, DJ and Florist all of who replied that we should work towards a meeting in August/September. So it looks like I had nothing to worry about :oops:

How are you all going with you planning? Do you have a specific time line set in place?

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Welcome to all the new Marchys! :lol:

mishy wrote:
I can't believe how fast this year is going. March seems so close, yet so far away!?

I had a slight panic attack on the weekend worrying that I hadn't made contact with any of the included suppliers for my wedding. I sent off emails to the cake lady, DJ and Florist all of who replied that we should work towards a meeting in August/September. So it looks like I had nothing to worry about :oops:

How are you all going with you planning? Do you have a specific time line set in place?

I'm with you mishy, this year is flying by! We don't really have a specific time line set in place, I'm trying to keep on top of everything as MrA and I will also be starting to build our new home very soon so we have lots going on! We've booked all of the big things but haven't done too much about cake or flowers or little things like that yet...in saying that one of our good friends is a florist and she has kep our date aside so I guess you could say we have booked that in.

Where are you getting married? :D

mishy

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 pm

katiea wrote:
Where are you getting married? :D

We are getting married at Appin House. We are having our ceremony in the courtyard/garden and our recepiton in the function room.

Abz

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:55 pm

misspony wrote:
Abz wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Great to read about the wonderful things happening in March next year and how different everyones weddings are. We are March 2nd in the Hunter Valley and I cannot wait :) I have all the bigs things planned and paid for, now I'm just stressing about all the small things.

:heart:

Yay!!! We are wedding twins :lol: Welcome to WC also :)

We are the same, all the big stuff is mostly out of the way and now we are looking into all the details - I am finding it all so much fun actually.

Yay 4 March 2nd! Its going to be a great day! yeah i'm having so much fun now. I just wanted to head to Vegas (LOOOVE America!) but FH wanted a wedding... now I'm so freaking excited! I just hope it comes together.

We are currently, trying to come up with Fun invite, RSVP, wishing well etc wording and table names!

Abz

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am

Getting closer and closer :)

In my local area I have heard that cupcakes are getting really expensive too!

I am having a wedding cake to serve 70-80 plus a fruit cake just to serve to those in our family who have requested it and our cakes only came to $490 including delivery... we were so happy with that pricing.

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

misspony wrote:
8 months and 1 week to go!
2 months until my dress comes in.

Been talking to a few different cake makers and they are all so expensive for cupcakes. I am considering making my own but not sure if I will have the time nor the motivation to do it. Might just have to bite the bullet and fork out the cash...

I did read about your cupcake dilemma in another post misspony (moments of madness I think)...any chance you could get a family memeber or friend to make them for you or to help you make them? It might help cut the cost without you having to stress or worry about doing them all on your own. Cupcakes are just so expensive, for some reason! Although I met with a cake lady at our venue open day on the weekend just passed and she had some very similar (simple buttercream icing with little cupcake toppers with different words on them) and she quoted $3.20 which I couldn't believe! Unfortunately that doesn't help you since you're wedding is in Tassie but still its good to know that not everyone is so incredibly overpriced! Good luck whatever you decide to do :D

Also a question for all of you lovely Marchys...when do you plan on having hair & makeup trials done? I'm really fussy when it comes to makeup so I want to do mine early enough to find somewhere else if I'm not happy with the first place (there is a day spa at our venue so that will be the place I try first)...eep! Its so exciting planning all these little things :lol:

Abz

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:41 am

katiea wrote:
Also a question for all of you lovely Marchys...when do you plan on having hair & makeup trials done? I'm really fussy when it comes to makeup so I want to do mine early enough to find somewhere else if I'm not happy with the first place (there is a day spa at our venue so that will be the place I try first)...eep! Its so exciting planning all these little things :lol:

I was thinking the same thing... My dress should be in, in September So I was thinking of going in around this time, the place I've Chosen doesnt want to do it until Janurary! But I want enough time to find somewhere different if I'm not happy or comfortable.

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 am

Hi ladies! I only just found this thread. I just scrape in on 31.3.13 :)
We are having a small destination wedding in Thailand!! I have started a S&T...there is a link in my signature for those that want to have a peek!

Anyway I look forward to hearing all about your plans over the next 8 months :D
Bring it on!!!

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Lanta Bride wrote:
We are having a small destination wedding in Thailand!! I have started a S&T...there is a link in my signature for those that want to have a peek!

Bring it on!!!

Welcome to March Lanta :D A Thailand wedding sounds divine :heart: Going to check out your S&T now!

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Lanta Bride wrote:

Bring it on!!!

One day out from mine :) Welcome to the 2013 weddings :)

rmfar2

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Hey lovely future brides,

I am new to this forum, my FH (30)and I (28) are getting married on the 23rd of March 2013. We have been together for 8 and 1/2 years and have been engaged for 7 years, so after 2 kids we are finally planning our wedding. I can't believe how much you ladies have organised. We only picked our date a few weeks ago and have nothing booked.

We would like to get married at the spit at the gold coast and have the reception at the courthouse hotel but haven't been to have a look at it yet. It is hard because my husband works away as a carpenter and is only her on sat and sun and we like to have that time for the kids to spend time with him. But will have to get our butts into gear very soon I think.

The first thing I want to do after booking the reception is to get my teeth fixed as I have horrible teeth and am not getting married until they get done so that is happening in the next month and then I can concentrate on everything else.

Thanks for reading

Beck

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

misspony wrote:
Welcome to all the new March brides :D

A question for you ladies, when are you planning on sending your invitations out?

We're planning on sending our STD's next month and invites about three months before the wedding :D

MrsDtobe

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Ladies,

Fellow Marchie here!! 03.03.13 at 3.30pm haha, If he ever forgets there'll be trouble! We've been together 10 years on Valentine's day 2013 and have 2 children. We got engaged in January 2011. We've booked the ceremony/reception at Weddings at Tiffany's in Maleny. It is stunning and they have just built a non denominational chapel that has a glass window that overlooks the glasshouse mountains. I'm so excited and stressing at the same time! They also do our flowers for us. We've booked the photographer, and paid the deposit on my dress. I've chosen a celebrant, hair and makeup, dj and cake, fingers crossed they're all still available on the 20th when we can pay the deposits...(FH gets paid monthly).

Hope all your wedding plans are going smoothly!!

rmfar2

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Want to a dress clearance sale a deception bay today and picked up two bridesmaids dresses reduced from $495.00 to $20.00they are beautiful long chiffon dresses. And best of all I bought by wedding dress reduced from$2500.00 to $120.00 it is beautiful. Will post pics when I figure out how too.

Beck

MrsDtobe

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Well I feel a little more in control now, Save the Dates are on their way and hope to have them out the first week in September. So 6 months earlier. I'm pretty much organised as far as the invites go, just have to finalise a few details. I've booked the celebrant, paid the next installment on the Ceremony/Reception, waiting for confirmation back from hair and makeup (fingers crossed). Booked in for measurements and fittings with Darb when we're down in October, also going to see the florist (I think I've finally decided on a bouquet :) ) and meet with the celebrant! Oh the excitement! Just need to book the cake and DJ next month (FH gets paid monthly, which I usually love but not at the mo!). How are all your plans going ladies?

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Sounds like you've got everything under control MrsD :D I'm at about the same stage as you I think...MrA and I are having our engagement photos done this weekend with our wedding photog so once we get those back we will send out our STD's (we're including a photo of us with them)...and we'll start to think about contacting our cake lady in the next month or so.
Today I received the sample BM's dress I ordered about a month ago, its gorgeous but its the wrong colour! Not sure what happened, the lady sent me out samples and I chose the colour with my BM's but the one she has sent is quite a bit darker - so I'll email her tonight and try to get it swapped...but at least the girls can try this one on and see if they are happy with the style/s.
I'm hanging out for November when MY dress should arrive! I can't wait to see it again :D oh, also starting to think about shoes and will probably go looking one weekend over the next few weeks...all very exciting!

Finally doing it

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi! I'm new to here but am also getting married in March, on the 2nd. I'm 27 and have been with fh for over 7 years, he finally proposed on mothers day this year :heart: we have two little boys together.
I'm hoping you ladies can help me keep on track and not forget important things lol. So far we have booked our venue, dj, celebrant, hair, makeup, I've ordered my dress and wedding rings. We've already made the invitations so they're ready to go and started collecting things for the table decorations, I've made place card holders and colouring-in books for the kids. Oh and I have my shoes, well boots actually (we're having a fairly laid back 'country' wedding)
I've been trying to get as much done now as possible because we will be moving in the next couple of months so won't get much planning done while that's going on and Christmas time gets pretty hectic with visiting families, holidays etc.
How's everyone else going with the planning? Not too stressed I hope! I can honestly say no stress here at all.
Where is everyone having their weddings?

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 pm

your dress must be almost due to come in, is it misspony? So exciting!! :D

Surprisebride2013

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Ours is in March.
So excited can't wait.
Last edited by Surprisebride2013 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 am

misspony wrote:
I have to get cracking on designing the invitations now as well, we want to send them out sooner rather than later, so we are thinking next month. I have ideas in my mind, but not too sure how to bring it all together.

We're sending ours out at end of Nov so they dont get lost in the Christmas mail and there is still enough time to invite stragglers if some people in the 1st group decline lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06