A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

April 2013

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 pm

A place for all the April 2013 brides to discuss there ideas!!

Angerah

Re: April 2013

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:23 pm

YAY! Been waiting for this thread to open.

Wondering how much people getting married next year have done? (my date is 27th April 2013)

So far I've organised:
* the Ceremony and reception Venue (deposits)
* Celebrant (deposit)
* DJ (deposit)
* Flowers (deposit & decided)
* Cake (booked in no deposit needed till Jan)
* Bridesmaid dresses (waiting till May to decide on long or short style then buying)

I'm waiting till start of July to look for my dress as I want to lose a few kilos before I try any on :)

Mandee1131

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Wow, I cant believe we have a thread for April 2013 already!

I got engaged in Sept 2011 and we are planning our wedding for 6th April 2013.

So far we have organised the ceremoney and reception venues and paid deposits, photographer and deposit paid and I have purchased my dress.

Looking at all the organising everyone else has done I feel really far behind eeek!

Oms250

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 am

i m not sure if i was still waiting mine in april as i lost my older brother eariler this month. but i have started to buy table decortation got my dress sorted but not paid for lol have got one of my brides maids picking the style of dresses...waiting on of the wedding cars to be build grooms all sorted we are also having my drem wedding in a garden and not sure where to have the reseption as i have looked at a local hall but they have church there every week end and dont know if they will hold them off to have a wedding reseption in there i can also get a footy club for the weekend free... flower sorted i will be making them my self.

And does anyone know where i can buy a 11 year old brides maid dress from or get it maid? im in brisbane

Oms250

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am

Oms250 wrote:
i m not sure if i was still waiting mine in april as i lost my older brother eariler this month. but i have started to buy table decortation got my dress sorted but not paid for lol have got one of my brides maids picking the style of dresses...waiting on of the wedding cars to be build grooms all sorted we are also having my drem wedding in a garden and not sure where to have the reseption as i have looked at a local hall but they have church there every week end and dont know if they will hold them off to have a wedding reseption in there i can also get a footy club for the weekend free... flower sorted i will be making them my self.

And does anyone know where i can buy a 11 year old brides maid dress from or get it maid? im in brisbane

i have also got the girls to pick out a hair style

RN_Reecy

Mon May 14, 2012 11:54 am

Hi All!!

I am getting married on April 6, 2013.
FH proposed on 8th November 2010 and we were engaged February 12th 2011, so it has been a long wait!
We are having around 220 people to our wedding. We are also in the process of doing a development project,
as well as paying off our own home- so have 3 mortgages to pay as well :?

I'm so excited to meet other brides and see where you are up to! It is exciting times now being less than a year
away!

Congratulation all and I look forward to sharing our journey!

Charise

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 pm

WooHoo!! I can finally post in a wedding month! We booked our venue on Saturday and confirmed our date - we're getting married on the 19th April (a Friday)!
So far... the venue and my hair & makeup is all I've got confirmed. My dress, I am getting made by 'Dress of Your Dreams' and hmm thats all I have.
I've been waiting until I do have a date so I can start really planning. So excited! :mrgreen:

never too old
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Everyone

'We've just set our date for April 13 2013. I'm so excited, but we haven't organised a thing lol! We know what we want - or rather what we don't want. I suppose I should start an S & T too. We've got a lot going on the next couple of months - our kids birthdays and stuff - so we'll be starting to fully organise in August. As we're having a fairly low key type of wedding and we're having it local I don't think we'll have any problems (well I hope not). Can't wait to hear all about other brides plans. :)

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:00 pm

nonirose wrote:
never too old wrote:
Hi Everyone

'We've just set our date for April 13 2013. I'm so excited, but we haven't organised a thing lol! We know what we want - or rather what we don't want. I suppose I should start an S & T too. We've got a lot going on the next couple of months - our kids birthdays and stuff - so we'll be starting to fully organise in August. As we're having a fairly low key type of wedding and we're having it local I don't think we'll have any problems (well I hope not). Can't wait to hear all about other brides plans. :)

Yay, finally a date twin!!!
Cant wait to see your plans and be there to support each other until our big day!

Yay you got your date twin :)
I wonder if I'll get a date twin? May not being a Friday wedding tho... :lol:

The last couple days I've been emailing quotes for:
- celebrant: Have found a nice lady who isn't as pricey as a lot of the others I've come across. So we need to organise to meet with her soon.
- flowers: got 1 quote I wasn't too happy with.. so getting another from Love Flowers, hopefully theirs will come back better.

- photographer: I have found a great photographer who offers one set price for ALL day photography from start to finish. A lot I've looked at had strict time restrictions and seemed very 'get in get out' and I'll charge FROM X amount for that without copies etc. Where as this photographer says he will stay however long we need, and provide all edited images from the day on DVD so we then can decide to get a photobook or album done through him or make our own. Hopefully meeting him on person over the weekend & viewing his work in real life (looks good online).

Far out there is a lot to organise isn't there!
I'm going to make an S&T soon so I can keep track!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of weeks now but this is my first post!!

I got engaged at Easter and am planning an April 2013 wedding, FH and I are doing a stack of site inspections this weekend so hoping to set a date then - its all very exciting!!

I had my heart set on having the wedding on the 2nd Saturday of next April (this time of the month & year works really well for me as I have family coming from overseas and also fits into my work schedule) but when I realised it was the 13th, I got a bit freaked out - not that I'm overly superstitous...

For the ladies who set their date on the 13th, did it bother you at all - maybe its just me.....

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 pm

I was looking at dates in April and saw the 13th was one of the Saturdays, so even though I'm not overly supersticious I still decided to definately not go with it, I just don't want to chance any bad luck! The following Saturday the 20th wasn't available at our venue but the day before, the 19th was, so went with that one.

I think if things started going a tiny bit wrong I'd blame the date. Haha maybe I am supersticious after all.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 pm

nonirose wrote:
never too old wrote:
Hi Everyone

Yay, finally a date twin!!!
Cant wait to see your plans and be there to support each other until our big day!

Well ladies - it looks like you've now got a date triplet.
I've also set the date for 13th April - was a little aprehensive about booking it on the 13th but what the hell, its just a date.
So exciting!!!

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 am

Congrats on setting your date hbm :)

RN_Reecy

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 am

Hey April Ladies!

How are you all going with your wedding dress? Has anyone found the dress yet? I feel like I'm lagging behind!

Congratulations to all on the new engagements... how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elocingrace

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi All,

We got engaged at Easter and are getting married on the 19th of April (also because the venue was booked on the weekend).

We are currently trying to find a photographer in the Brisbane, it's really hard!

Next is the dress.... No idea where to start!

Happy wedding planning everyone!!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 pm

RN_Reecy wrote:
Hey April Ladies!

How are you all going with your wedding dress? Has anyone found the dress yet? I feel like I'm lagging behind!

Hi RN_Reecy - I haven't tried on a single dress yet!! Im seriously considering ordering a dress from Milly Bridal - I know its a massive gamble but for the dress I want, I'm gonna end up paying nearly 2k in a bridal shop compared to $500 online.....
I reckon if I place an order within the next month, and worse case scenario I dont like the dress, it will be delivered with enough time for me to get another one...and I'll only be $500 out of pocket. I want a lace dress but I think if its not made really well with good quality material, I'm gonna look like my nans net curtains so I've ordered a few swatches of lace from Milly to see what the quality is like.

Decisions, decisions.....

I'm busy at the moment getting my Save the Dates done - I'm not from Australia so a lot of my family are coming from overseas so I've made luggage tags for them. Hoping to post them in the next couple of days so then I'll have firm numbers for guests within the next month or so.

We also have booked the venue (Hunter Valley :heart: :heart: :heart) & I've picked up some cheap apothecary jars for my DIY lolly buffet but that's about it so far.
Where are you up to with your plans?

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm

nelle_mrs2b wrote:
Congrats on setting your date hbm :)

Thanks hun, its all very exciting :)

How are your plans going?

Angerah

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm

RN_Reecy wrote:
Hey April Ladies!

I haven't started looking, so don't feel too bad. Thinking I might look after this month or perhaps the end of this month. Anyone have any tips on places.

RN_Reecy

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 pm

hbm wrote:
RN_Reecy wrote:
Hey April Ladies!

Hi RN_Reecy - I haven't tried on a single dress yet!! Im seriously considering ordering a dress from Milly Bridal - I know its a massive gamble but for the dress I want, I'm gonna end up paying nearly 2k in a bridal shop compared to $500 online.....
I reckon if I place an order within the next month, and worse case scenario I dont like the dress, it will be delivered with enough time for me to get another one...and I'll only be $500 out of pocket. I want a lace dress but I think if its not made really well with good quality material, I'm gonna look like my nans net curtains so I've ordered a few swatches of lace from Milly to see what the quality is like.

Decisions, decisions.....

I'm busy at the moment getting my Save the Dates done - I'm not from Australia so a lot of my family are coming from overseas so I've made luggage tags for them. Hoping to post them in the next couple of days so then I'll have firm numbers for guests within the next month or so.

We also have booked the venue (Hunter Valley :heart: :heart: :heart) & I've picked up some cheap apothecary jars for my DIY lolly buffet but that's about it so far.
Where are you up to with your plans?

Hey there!
Well I'm at a similar place with my dress. I've tried on about 30 wedding dresses- but the only one that has felt right was in a magazine! I saw it and fell in love!
Only trouble is that it is an American brand and they don't have any in Australia to view- for me to view it, I would have to order it and put down the deposit ($700) without seeing it. So I'm just deciding what to do with that situation! hmm.

Lace dresses are beautiful- what type of dress are you after? what type of fit? I think lace has a real classic elegance and is timeless, I wouldn't fear looking like a curtain! I would recommend going and trying on some dresses though, just to get an idea of fit and style- they often look really different, often better, when tried on.

I've got ticks for church, reception, photographer, videographer, cars, make up, photobooth.

Oh, and I'm also collecting and decorating jars at the moment too!! Neds have some good, large jars- cookie jars really, that I got for $12. Just going to remove the rubber seal!

RN_Reecy

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Angerah wrote:
RN_Reecy wrote:
Hey April Ladies!

I haven't started looking, so don't feel too bad. Thinking I might look after this month or perhaps the end of this month. Anyone have any tips on places.

I think once you start looking, you become obsessed! I only started looking about 2 months ago and hadn't really given the dress much thought before then.
Now, I just want to book it and know exactly what I'm wearing! I've had enough of looking! haha. I'm not sure on places on Queensland. I going to order through Brides by the Park in Adelaide (they are a part of Spurling Bridal). The dresses are really good quality and reasonably priced for me.

Keep us updated Angerah on your dress journey!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18