A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

2014 Brides

Sat May 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Here's a place for the 2014 brides to come and discuss plans and ideas.

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: 2014 Brides

Sat May 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi,
I'm glad you created this post, I was wondering if I am the only 2014 bride here.

When is your wedding? Mine is on July 2014.

Have you booked anything yet?

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Hoorah for a 2014 brides thread!!!

And no you are not alone :D
I had made a booking for my ceremony place and my reception but havent paid the booking yet as owners are currently overseas and I also know one of the owners. I also have just put my dress on laybuy so now that the big things are sorted I am able to relax.

I dont know about you but I feel like it is so far away until my big day and that I shouldnt be doing to much planning- especially when the companies do not take you seriously with your wedding date so far away. we are getting married in April 2014 and just wish i could go ahead and plan everything :(

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 27, 2012 12:15 am

Hoorah for a 2014 brides thread!!!

And no you are not alone :D
I had made a booking for my ceremony place and my reception but havent paid the booking yet as owners are currently overseas and I also know one of the owners. I also have just put my dress on laybuy so now that the big things are sorted I am able to relax.

I have booked for our ceremony and provisional booked for reception. The idea of laybuy the dress is a wonderful idea, do you know if it's common with all the bridal store? I should go and check that out.

I dont know about you but I feel like it is so far away until my big day and that I shouldnt be doing to much planning- especially when the companies do not take you seriously with your wedding date so far away. we are getting married in April 2014 and just wish i could go ahead and plan everything :(

I totally agree with you in this, I'm really excited and want to go ahead and plan everything, but so many things I cant do right now. E.g, I want to send the invitation out right now, but too embarassed to do so, so I'm waiting for another 3-4 months to make it 1 1/2 years before the wedding date (we have destination wedding so need to send out early). In the meantime, I keep myself accupied with looking at wedding stuff and arranging music for ceremony and reception. :mrgreen:

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

Instead of sending out your invitations so early why dont you send out save the date cards with some information about accomadation and the area of the wedding. My MIL just received a save the date card but it was made as a fridge magnet which i found really useful as it is on the fridge and you remember. I will be sending out save the date cards early next year as our wedding is not a destination wedding but is on a thursday. We are planning on having our engagement party around late october when it warms up a bit.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm

I am hoping to be joining this thread soon :)

Mandy Moo

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:07 am

Yay!! Finally a 2014 thread!! It still seems so far away!!

We are throwing around dates right now, trying to work out what is going to work for us. We really wanted a Feb 2014 wedding, however we are having a small wedding of around 60 people, on a Saturday and not many venues accommodate to that, So right now its looking like it may have to be winter 2014. Not really what I wanted, but might not have much of a choice :cry:

Kind of exciting to finally post, This is actually my first post on here, after lurking for quite a few years!

Akeru

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Ladies

I'll join you as a 2014 bride to be. We are newly engaged - my fiancé proposed on my birthday in May.
We have decided on a wedding date of the 12th April 2014. We have booked our ceremony and reception venue
and will pay the deposit this week. Other that we are still in the planning and debating stage.

Will be nice to get to know you all.

Amanda
xx

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:51 pm

April 5th bride here!
So glad I'm not alone! It seems so odd to think about planning something so far away, but it's still exciting, haha.

We'll be heading off to the Lakeside reception place in Taylors Lakes VIC in a week or two to have a look around and probably book it in-- can't wait!

slblg14

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Yay for 2014!

We are getting married on April 5th 2014 in Kalorama Victoria. So far we have our date, venue, and bridal party. We are meeting with photographers, videographers and celebrants.
I feel like I've hardly done anything! Unfortunately we have already copped lots of remarks, questions and funny looks when we say we're not getting married until 2014.

I look forward to hearing all your planning stories!

Sarah xx

Akeru

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Sarah - I've encountered mixed responses. Some surprised, most assume its an April 13 wedding. But one reception venue we looked at already had a booking for our preferred date so we are not the only ones planning ahead!

anjelik - How did you go with your reception venue? Did you book in?

We are struggling to find a videographer at an affordable price. I really want the day filmed as I know it will go so fast and I don't want to miss any special moments, but the prices are so expensive. :cry: Guess I'll just have to keep looking.

slblg14

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi Akeru

Where are you located? We have found a couple of videographers we consider to be reasonably priced and would be happy to share if you are interested :)

We live in the eastern suburbs but one of the ones we found is based in the CBD.

Akeru

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Sarah. I am on the Central Coast NSW. I do most of my searching by iPad or on my phone and so many sites require flash player which just isn't compatible. Hence I have a list of videographers that i want to look at, and view their sample videos when I have time to do it on my pc. There seems to be a big variation in the price range. Have you booked a videographer yet? Who are you using?

I fluctuate between being glad I have a long time to plan my wedding and enjoy the process and being impatient that it's so far away. I don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait to be married!

Amanda

blahblah2

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi! I love there are other people being as organised as I am! My fiancé and I am looking at Jan 2014, we really wanted to start the year as a married couple, but I am going back to do my DipEd and want to be graduated first so 2013 is out!

I have looked and tentatively booked a ceremony location (the same church my grandparents were married in over 50 years ago) and started making a short list of reception venue to look at before Christmas. Also started to dress shop, to get some ideas. I just know if I don't start early with full time study and part time work the time is going to get away with me!

Love these forums for inspiration, and someone to wedding talk with so my single friends don't kill me!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 pm

I can officially join this thread now! We are looking at September 2014 - it feels like such a long way away however I know time will fly between now and then.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Akeru wrote:

anjelik - How did you go with your reception venue? Did you book in?

Havent gone in yet- finding a free saturday for both our mums and ourselves is difficult:/
Hopefully soon! I just want a solid date!

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 am

Yay, I get to join this thread :D

FH & I are planning for June 21st 2014 as it will be our anniversary. Initially we were looking at 2013 but this way it falls on a Saturday (yay for escalated costs haha) so some of my family (I was born in NZ) are more likely to be able to make it even just for the weekend.
Though, before I even met FH my mum and I had been planning to go to NZ in May 2014 as my grandma turns 80 and I'll be turning 24 while I'm there, so we may have to change the date. I had a chat to mum about it all and she said we should be alright. My only concern about it would be that the last 6-8 weeks are generally the busiest with planning, so I'm not 100% that I would be willing to be out of the country, even for a week, that close to the wedding.

Aside from the date, we haven't thought about much. Before we were engaged we had discussed the possibility of just a registry wedding, though at that stage we were also just going to elope and have our 8 closest friends there which was going to be done this year. After talking about it we both agreed that I really do want the big white dress and the whole deal. I have been engaged previously (and used WC), back then all I wanted was a backyard shindig for under $500 since I thought the whole wedding thing was rather materialistic, but after attending the weddings of a couple of ex-WCer's and meeting FH I don't think that at all anymore.

So quick wrap up, looking at June 21st 2014, think we have an idea on colours, no idea on location (will be somewhere in Vic) and zero idea on anything else.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:06 am

Congrtatulations and welcome back :wink:

Its funny how your perception change on things in a few years.

Akeru

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm

I love that there are a few more of us now! Very exciting.

KG's Girl - Glad it's all official now.

MrsH - Welcome! I joined WC to get ideas and also to chat to others who are planning a wedding. I figured my friends would get sick of hearing about the details all the time!

blahblah2 - Sounds like you'll have your hands full working and studying next year. I'm doing a Bachelor of Education at the moment. I'll finish next year after I do my internship in special ed. That's another reason we set our date for 2014. I wanted to be able to enjoy the wedding planning and do a good job of my internship.

We finally found a videographer that we like and after chatting to him about what he offers and prices etc we've decided to book him this week. I ended up going with someone on the outskirts of Sydney. He said he finds it easier to travel to the Central Coast or Hunter Valley for a wedding which is all in one location, rather than spend the day driving from one side of Sydney to the other in heavy Sydney traffic.

So it looks like we've booked all our major vendors. Celebrant, ceremony & reception location, photographer, videographer and DJ. I'm going to hold off dress shopping until June 2013. That seemed to be sale time this year and it will still leave 10 months until my wedding to order a dress in.

Mandy Moo

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:50 am

SO, we have settled on a date & booked our Ceremony & Reception venues!
25/01/2014 - Australia Day long weekend!! :)

We found an amazing venue, that was happy to cater for our 'smaller' wedding of 60 people on a Saturday night! Just a few more essentials to book, then I can relax on the planning side of things for the rest of the year!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11