A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mandy Moo

Re: 2014 Brides

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:05 pm

So how are everyone's plans coming along!? Its been super quiet here lately!!

Hope you have all had an amazing Easter :)

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Things have been pretty quiet on our wedding planning front. With our venue locked in, the next big thing I have to do is go dress shopping but we are still over 18 months out from the big day.

I'm struggling bridemaid wise - FH has picked 3 boys that he wants to be groomsmen. Me on the other hand - I have my cousin who was an easy choice. I have a good friend who is currently living in London who has accepted to be a bridesmaid but she can't guarantee if she can afford to come back (which I completely understand). I'm stuck on a third (and possibly second bridesmaid). I dont have an particularly close girl friends. There are a couple of girls I could choose, but I don't feel 100% on any of them. FH doesn't want uneven bridal party (and neither do I), and his choice of the 3 are three boys that have replaced in family who haven't been supportive on him for many years. FH's best man has a girlfriend that I get along with really well but we aren't super close. Its hard I've never been a bridesmaid for someone else so I don't really know what the expectation is for asking someone?

I'm also stressing about our budget - I'm trying to cut down costs where-ever possible but we are still looking at about $15-17k plus the honeymoon. Its going to be tough but I'm hoping it will work out. I'm also hoping my parents contribute something to help the budget along. They keep hinting and I would never ask out of principle but it would be nice.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm

KG'sGirl wrote:
I'm struggling bridemaid wise - FH has picked 3 boys that he wants to be groomsmen. Me on the other hand - I have my cousin who was an easy choice. I have a good friend who is currently living in London who has accepted to be a bridesmaid but she can't guarantee if she can afford to come back (which I completely understand). I'm stuck on a third (and possibly second bridesmaid). I dont have an particularly close girl friends. There are a couple of girls I could choose, but I don't feel 100% on any of them. FH doesn't want uneven bridal party (and neither do I), and his choice of the 3 are three boys that have replaced in family who haven't been supportive on him for many years. FH's best man has a girlfriend that I get along with really well but we aren't super close. Its hard I've never been a bridesmaid for someone else so I don't really know what the expectation is for asking someone?

I'm also stressing about our budget - I'm trying to cut down costs where-ever possible but we are still looking at about $15-17k plus the honeymoon. Its going to be tough but I'm hoping it will work out. I'm also hoping my parents contribute something to help the budget along. They keep hinting and I would never ask out of principle but it would be nice.

I'm having the same kind of issue- at this stage it looks like FH is having 4 GM and 1 BestMan, and we don't want it to be uneven. FMIL is pushing to have lots of her family (I don't have any relatives I'd like to have) and I'm stalling as I already have SIL, one friend and possibly FH's cousin (which is frankly enough of his family for me!). It's a very tough thing to think about :/

ANd the budget is also something I'm worrying about. We wanted to stick under 20k, however at this stage I've estimated about 27k. MIL will be giving us some money ,but she hasn't told us how much, so it's hard to know how much we'll need. And I think my parents will give us some, but I don't know how much either. MIL will either give us enough to cover the reception for her family (which is 70 people) or all the board we've been paying, which is quite a bit, I think.
It would just be nice to know so we can stop worrying, as house costs might be spiraling a bit :/

I can't wait to be finished uni in May so I can stop worrying about stuff. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about everything, even though we've planned so well.

winterbride14

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum so I'll let you know a little about me.

I'm 23 and my fiance is 29 (as of today, happy birthday to him!). We have been together 3.5 years and live together in the inner suburbs of Melbourne. We both work full time.
We got engaged on the 20th January this year. Our wedding date is Saturday 5th July 2014.
So far, we have locked in our ceremony and reception locations.
We will be getting married at St Michael's Uniting Church in the city, with the reception to follow at The Terrace, Royal Botanic Gardens South Yarra.
I have also enlisted the services of a wedding on-the-day coordinator/stylist who is wonderful!
So many things to organise......! Off wedding dress shopping on the 12th April, with a few family members and friends (whilst they are in town for our engagement party on the 13th!)

It's all slowly coming together,such an exciting time!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Welcome to the thread! There is quite a few of us now in here - 2014 is going to be a big year.

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:30 pm

OMG One year to go.. I can't believe that it is closer already!! time is going to go so fast now :D

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Lanna_88 wrote:
OMG One year to go.. I can't believe that it is closer already!! time is going to go so fast now :D

How exciting!

We are almost at the 18 month mark :)

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 am

Well i was like "two days to go" and then forgot about it lol so it was a nice surprise last night. It also meant that FH and I have been togeter 5 and a half years and that it has been one year since FH and I got engaged :D

bride2be89

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:40 am

April 20th 2014 here! We set the date yesterday :-) I'll be sending out save the date magnets in the next month or so, then invitations just before Christmas

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:26 pm

bride2be89 - Congratulations! Where abouts are you located?

Edited to Add: 18 MONTHS TODAY! :heart: :lol:

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 am

KG'sGirl wrote:

Edited to Add: 18 MONTHS TODAY! :heart: :lol:

Hooray!!!! It is exciting hey!

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm

As of yesterday I also hit the "one year to go" mark too! It was also out 8 year anniversary - so getting hitched on our 9 year!

I've been a bit slack recently - but because I kept saying to myself "Oh I've got over a year" I wasn't too worried. Maybe I need to knuckle down a bit more now??

Its so exciting - so many of us in the 2014 camp now :) :) Hope everyone else's planning is going well :)

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:03 pm

TOday we accomplished two things! We bought our cake topper (so cute!) and we chose our cars- it was just going to be a 12 seater Hummer, but we ended up with an 18 seater for the same price with all the 'bonuses' that other places were pricing additionally... so food, champagne, soft drink and water, plus the getaway car... so excited!

Cake topper:

Car:

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Oops, double post
Last edited by anjelik on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:57 pm

I love that cake topper - I've seen it on a few sites in a few different versions. Very cool car too!

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 am

That is the topper I was talking about. Can you get the TV screen and the remote and cans now? My dh had to make them.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:46 am

Yep, they're handmade by someone in America, but yeah, they're all customizable.

Mandy Moo

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Yay for everyone's weddings getting closer! :D

I went bridesmaid dress shopping today, with much success. The first dress we tried, at the first shop was the winner!!
I made my sister try a heap of other styles etc, but we kept going back to the very first dress. I love when decisions are that easy!

I should probably start a show and tell, seeing as i have so much stuff done now!

winterbride14

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:21 pm

How's everyone's plans coming along?!

We have the ceremony & reception locations booked, and I chose my dress!! Yay, it is beautiful.. I didn't know if I would be the type to "just know" when I tried it on.... but I didn't want to take it off and I can't wait til it's time for fittings.

We are in the process of deciding on photographers and a band at the moment.

:heart: :heart:

stephie-lea

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Yay for finding the dress! I also found mine last weekend and put my deposit down- so happy with it!
Where are you having your ceremony and reception winterbride?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22