A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Eliseivy

Re: 2014 Brides

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi ladies :)

I'm excited to announce that I am planning an October 2014 wedding. My Fiance and i have booked a reception/ceremony in Airlie Beach and have booked a photographer but thats about it. I've been reading the posts on here and I look forward to hearing more about everyone's wedding. Here is hoping for smooth sailing for everyone (as much as possible with wedding planning anyway).

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 am

Toucan wrote:
We are almost locked into the first Saturday in January.

Hoping the heatwave we had this year doesn't come around again next year, shame we can't plan the weather :-)

We're wedding date twins Toucan!! We are also getting married on the 4th! It's coming up so quickly!!!

As for the weather we're planning on it being stinky hot and storming (aka the worst weather possible) and then if it is nice it's a lovely surprise!!

Where are you getting married?

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:53 am

Lots of October 2014 brides! Welcome all the newbies to the thread. I cant wait to hear all your plans.

Mandy Moo

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 pm

ONE YEAR TO GO! (To the very day!) Lets hope everything is smooth sailing, and that 12 months flies by......

Toucan

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Miss Summer / Twin!! Our wedding will be on the Darling Downs in sunny Queensland. How about you? Are you having fresh flowers?

And yes, less then 12 months... the countdown is on!

Has anyone finalised colours / themes?

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 am

Just something else to consider. I am a cake decorator and work from home. Because it is a small business, we have 2 year bookings regularly. We only make a certain number of cakes each week and so get booked out sometimes. So this may be something that you could take into consideration if your supplier (florist, cake etc.) is a home based business. Probably more popular because of better value for money, better customer service and no price rises once a quote is given.

Mia11

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

I am looking at October, 2014.

Mandy Moo

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm

How is everyone's plans coming along!? Its been super quiet here!!

Everything is falling into place for me.... Ive now booked our Photographer & Celebrant. Purchased a bracelet for the day & also purchased my MOH shoes today!
Just a few more key vendors to lock in such as the string quartet, reception band, decor for the ceremony, hair/make-up, cake & flowers!

I'm in the middle of putting together my STD cards, so i will hopefully have them posted by Monday! :)

stephie-lea

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey mandy-moo looks like your plans are coming along nicely :)
I think I have found the photographer we will go with. Found him at an expo and his work looks amazing and he has a great personality so now just gotta drag FH to meet him :)
I feel a little ridiculous because I'm going dress shopping already and all the sales assistants keep saying "oh wow you are getting things sorted early!" but I know that I want something fairly specific for my dress and when I go back to uni my spare time is going to be non-existant so I just nod and smile at them and keep looking anyway lol

Has anyone else had vendors getting a bit dismissive because you are planning so far in advance?

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 pm

We have had a few people comment we are planning well I advanced - I haven't started dress shopping yet though.

How early is too early to send STD's? We are getting married on Sunday of the long weekend. I was going to send them out January 2014 but I don't know if we should give everyone 12 months notice since its the long weekend?

stephie-lea

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 pm

I think January should be fine- you probably only need 12 months+ notice if its a destination wedding or on something significant like easter or christmas. Most people don't plan their long weekends 12 months in advance so you should be fine :)

Toucan

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 pm

KGs Girls, if it's any help we received a STD for the same weekend in 2013 on Australia Day, we already knew the date but I'm sure less then 12 months would be fine.

As for my plans I can tick off (on a spreadsheet we've just started) the church, reception, photographer, catering, jukebox. I feel a little more at ease now! Also just designing STD and hope to send them out around Easter, I know it's early but given our wedding is only 1 1/2 weeks after christmas people might need some notice.

As for the dress I've seen lots of pics online and in mags and can't wait to actually go into a shop and say 'can I try on today'!! I'll be so overwelmed I think :-) Not really game to think about how much it is going to cost yet!!

Enjoy the planning ladies :-)

Mandy Moo

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 pm

KG'sGirl wrote:
How early is too early to send STD's? We are getting married on Sunday of the long weekend. I was going to send them out January 2014 but I don't know if we should give everyone 12 months notice since its the long weekend?

Im sending mine out within the next week, and as you can see by my ticker below, we are about 11 months out! Our wedding is on the Saturday of the Australia day long weekend though, so i want to get them out early-ish. Our invites will have to go out and rsvp will be earlier than 'normal' too due to Christmas! Doh! :e_wall:

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks ladies - I think Ill stick to my plan of sending them out mid/end of January!

Hopefully locking in our photographer on the weekend - we won a $1000 voucher at an expo on the weekend, so that will help the budget majorly! Plus they offer 2 year interest free payment plans. We have also got the paperwork for the reception, just need to pay the $1100 deposit 8O

Miss Muffett

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 am

Hi ladies

I'm a March 2014 bride. I'm starting to get a little bit worried after reading everyone's progress on planning, I haven't done much yet. Just booked a venue. I think I need to get my butt into gear!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:09 am

Miss Muffett wrote:
Hi ladies

I'm a March 2014 bride. I'm starting to get a little bit worried after reading everyone's progress on planning, I haven't done much yet. Just booked a venue. I think I need to get my butt into gear!

Welcome Miss Muffett - Don't stress you still have 12 months. You've got your venue book which is one of the major items that book out. We have only locked in a venue and photographer so far.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Yeah, I've been on the warpath with planning at the moment, but that's for our June wedding, and it's ONLY because we're moving in the middle/end of this year, and I want to make sure that we know how much money we need to have saved. Ie, we don't have a budget but we're not trying to spend a lot, but for some reason it all mounts up, haha.

Soooo so far we have:
Ceremony Venue
Reception Venue
Photographer

Decided but not booked:
The cake place we've decided on, just need to go and have a look.
And I'm set on the celebrant, just waiting to meet with her.
Pyrotechnics (FH's only 'demand')
I'm also fairly sure about who I want to do hair and makeup, just waiting until midyear before talking to them.

I've sent out enquiries for:

florists
DJs
Cars

And I'm pretty sure of Bomboniere, little photoframes, we're just trying to sort out best price for ones that don't look too cheap. They'll double as place settings.

Midyear:

Dress I'm going to start trying on in June, once I've shifted this weight (Once I finish this little pack of Cadbury easter eggs I'm hoarding)
Once my brother's back from Afghanistan, we'll be organising who'll be in our bridal party (ie, we need to ask and see if both my brothers are interested, which should make for a 10 person brodal party)
Then, it will be choosing all girls and getting dresses sorted.

Sooo have I forgotten much? haha

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 am

Good Morning Ladies,
sorry I have been flat out and have not done much on the planning side. We got our engagement shoot done recently and I am paying for the photos today. As soon as I get the CD of Photos then I can plan our engagement party. :D I am so glad that I have so much already booked now that I have my new job as I just do not have much free time any more.

I started the dukan diet last week and lost almost 3 kg in the week. i only have ten to loose so I have eased up a bit on it all now but eating much healthier. Need to also get back into going to the pool to really help out with the weight.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 am

Well done Lanna! It is always an achievement - the best part is when your clothes start feeling loose!
I'm kind of the in the same boat as you, I've got about 6kg to go (already done 5) so I'm not trying to do anything too drastic as the wedding isn't until next April.

I've recently done:
Booked card - Ford Mustang GTs
Booked DJ - Ultima Music
Deposit on dress - La Sposa Mullet

I've got some bridal jewellery and the cake toppers.
I've lined up a cake (with my sister's friend from her patisserie course).

I've done a couple of enquiries with florists, but most only do consultations during work hours. I can't get time off work during term (teacher) so will have a more detailed look during the April holidays.

I'm also really excited because we've booked in an engagement photo shoot. Its not really an 'engagement shoot' as we've been engaged for over a year now, but at least its some professional photos with our wedding photographer (Kate from Urban Safari). So I'm looking forward to that in May. We will get the photos taken in the Dandenongs where we got engaged.

So everything is coming along nicely! Glad to see everyone else's plans coming along so well :)

stephie-lea

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 am

Hi ladies! Looks like everyones plans are coming along nicely :)
We have also made some bookings over the last couple of weeks. So far we have our venue (Tatra), celebrant (Heather Hull) and cars (freebie from GM parents) booked. I have also organised to have my cousin, who is an amazing musician, play our ceremony music for us. She plays piano,violin, cello and guitar so can adapt the instrument to whichever songs we want to have :)
We are meeting a photographer tonight who I originally spotted at a bridal expo. I am fairly certain we will go with him, just want to make sure FH agrees. If we go with him then we get an engagement shoot which I am super pumped about because FH and I dont have many nice photos together so it would be nice to have some good photos other than just our wedding photos. As to when I'm going to find time to do the actual shoot... well thats a problem for another day!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.17